Welcome to Gaia! ::

Furry Fandom Fantasy Discussion and RP Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's friendliest furry guild. We even have ID cards. 

Tags: furry, anthro, furrie, fandom, roleplay 

Reply Main Thread
So what made you become a furry? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuddyPup

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:08 pm
I used to stalk the AoL member chats looking for people to RP with...and saw all these rooms labeled "anthro" and "furry". And when I'd check out the profiles, obviously I found animal characters. :3 My first anthro character was a lioness named Gabrielle, and it just kept on going from there.

Like some, it started way before that...I loved Disney and Warner Bros., all of my imaginary friends where animals who could talk, and Don Bluth is my hero. I've always been a fur, I just didn't have a name for it until the internet came around.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:57 am
....I've been afraid to post here because I'm frightened I'll render myself as a complete and total newbie/moron.

Anyway, I became a furry because of... NeoPets. XD
Yeah, seriously.
I saw all of these 'furry' and 'anthro' topics and I wanted to join them. n_n

........I only really started confessing what I felt around September of last year, but oddly the CSI episode with the furries really sparked my interest, it seemed interesting, as I had no idea there was a community of such outside of the roleplaying community....

Since September I made a novice-ish fursuit, mainly for Halloween....
.........And I plan on buying a professional one because I'm too embarrassed to wear my other one because it's absolutely horrible. XD
The jaw doesn't even work....
And I can't even see out of the eyes....

(Yeah, you can probably tell I'm new-ish to this despite how long I've known about furries/been a furry.)

EDIT OF DOOM:
....and sorry for res'ing an old topic, I wanted to make one of my own but then I saw this one and didn't want to spam.  

Vespro
Crew

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Wolven Zhael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:54 pm
I'm one of the new furries, only two months, but I've had such a strong attraction to the... not really lifestyle... but the... interests?... of the community. Honestly, I feel that not only the interests, but the people themselves also play a large part. I find that furries are more accepting of me, as I am a freak, and I know I am.

Though I am new, I have taken a huge step into it.
I'm already part of Wikifur, 2Kinds, and Fur Affinity, not to mention Gaia, and I'm already looking for information on a fursuit.
I really do see myself as a furry, and it doesn't really matter what people think of it, because it's me smile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:13 pm
I quite honestly don't know. Somehow liking animals and liking being human blended together to liking anthros.
Naw, this isn't quite right. I liked furry things before I even knew that was what it was called. Once I found out, I thought, yeah, that's what I am! ^w^ And I don't see any problem in it 3nodding  

CodyDudeTm

Desirable Fatcat

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Champion 300
  • Sausage Fest 200

Shard Of Ronin

7,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:31 am
I think I first found out what being a furry was when someone I know went off on a rant about 'those furry freaks' and tried to tell me about how disgusting all furries are. I did a little digging (natural cynicism) and realised, this was me. Until then I'd hung around 'if wisheRs were ponies' at unicorndream but never understood how many of us there were, and had never been brave enough to just mention how I felt.

I should note I was going through a very bad patch of my life anyway, very emo stuff. The furry community I joined helped me out of it, I was there until it shut down in 2003.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:11 pm
Hpw did I become a furry? mostly because I was invited to this guild and said "what the hell', but also because I had a nasty dream about Renamon...and before that night I didnt know who the hell she/it was, but apparently its been sitting in the back of my head...which is weird because I only watched the first season of Digimon, and her name is all I know, appart from tai because he had a funny name....I always thought Renamon was the name of the orange lizard t-rex thing that belonged to Tai xp  

BazzBrother

Mayu ver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:39 am
I'm half furry and half man!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:43 am
Shin Hyun - Jun
your fuman!  

BazzBrother

Mayu ver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:25 pm
BazzBrother
Shin Hyun - Jun
your fuman!
Or something along those lines xD

I've been called 'Puffy Head' alot too.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:37 am
Shin Hyun - Jun
BazzBrother
Shin Hyun - Jun
your fuman!
Or something along those lines xD

I've been called 'Puffy Head' alot too.
Is it because you don't comb after waking up? because with that avi, your most likely referred to as "Cat Face" or "Pillow that plows women"...ok, that last one might of been a bit out there XP  

BazzBrother

Shin Majin

Mega Tipper

12,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:49 pm
Heya! This is my first post here!

As for me...well, I'm not sure if I'm a "pure" furry or not. It all started about...eight or so years ago, when I was huge on RPing via phone. Around then, I discovered that I was absolutely fascinated by transformations. I guess you could call it a fetish, even.

Well, I joined the TF fanbase, which happens to closely overlap with the furries fanbase...and poof. Here I am.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:34 pm
Well, one day I was scrolling through anime, when I came across some furry art.
It was kinda cool, so I looked into it and found out that it was cooler than I thought.
And after a while, I was kinda addicted and stuff, and sorta becmae a furry over a 2 years time.  

xTh3R3ap3rx

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:09 pm
Starr3h
....I've been afraid to post here because I'm frightened I'll render myself as a complete and total newbie/moron.

Anyway, I became a furry because of... NeoPets. XD
Yeah, seriously.
I saw all of these 'furry' and 'anthro' topics and I wanted to join them. n_n

........I only really started confessing what I felt around September of last year, but oddly the CSI episode with the furries really sparked my interest, it seemed interesting, as I had no idea there was a community of such outside of the roleplaying community....

Since September I made a novice-ish fursuit, mainly for Halloween....
.........And I plan on buying a professional one because I'm too embarrassed to wear my other one because it's absolutely horrible. XD
The jaw doesn't even work....
And I can't even see out of the eyes....

(Yeah, you can probably tell I'm new-ish to this despite how long I've known about furries/been a furry.)

EDIT OF DOOM:
....and sorry for res'ing an old topic, I wanted to make one of my own but then I saw this one and didn't want to spam.

There is nothing wrong with being a newbie...everyone was new to the fandom at some point and time. I would though if I were you take the time to do a bit of research. You might go join Fur-affinity and make an account there, lurk on the forums, or maybe even join them.

I don't think furries hate newbies...so much as many of them get tired of how some waltze in completely ignorant as to what the fandom is supposed to be. We get these people coming in expecting that we will automatically be accepting and tolerating, and it' just isn't so.

Many furries also get tired of the newbies coming in proclaiming everything furry when...really you can only call our self created content by our fandom name, if that makes sense? Just lurk, learn, mingle, and have fun and you'll be alright.

Also don't feel so bad that your first that you tried to make did not come out right. When my best friend and I went on a adventure trying to make a partial in one month...it came out horrible but we wore it anyway. We've since then progressed. We went from craptastic to this: Dragon costume WIP ....mind you that is not an accurate representation of that current project of mine. I've changed up things, like taking out the top teeth, giving it furry brows, and tightening the chin strap.

So just because you started out trying and it did not go well, don't let that stop you from trying again. Just do some research and ask some questions, and try again.

Or if you seek to commission a costume I would advise that you start with a partial so you can get used to how it feels to have a professional one made. It readies you to take on later on perhaps the task of a more difficult fur-suit to wear, such as a full body but those are more expensive.

If I were you I would seek to save up around...700 USD...that will get you a decent partial if you shop around.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:43 pm
hahaha star fox. GOSH DAMNIT that foxxy is so ******** HOT XD
*scrathes the back of his neck and laughs nervously*
no like I obsesed over Fox Mccould so much so I started to write my own fan fic. I went onlie to find some ideas on what other peopel have wrote and I stumbled upon a very hot yiff story of Fox and Bill....murrrr.....  

RanDaYena
Crew

Main Thread

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas