Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:42 pm
the_underworks
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
I've never got arrested or fined for anything.

However, I get hassled by police for stuff all the time. Just last year I was walking down the street at about 3:00pm with two friends. First a detective stops us, asks us a hundred questions that aren't legal to ask (like why we dress the way we do and such), then after he leaves a cruiser and two police on foot stop us to write down our information for suspected tagging public property. They also asked us those questions that they are unallowed to ask, we answered them however. All in all, I'm tired of being asked why I dress the way I do.
You know maybe if they stopped and thought about it for a while, they might realize that we're not the ones who they should be worrying about.

ninja
Maybe in a few generations.
But people have been dressing this way since the 80's at least, you'd think 20 years would be good enough.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:01 pm
Digital Malevolence
the_underworks
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence

However, I get hassled by police for stuff all the time. Just last year I was walking down the street at about 3:00pm with two friends. First a detective stops us, asks us a hundred questions that aren't legal to ask (like why we dress the way we do and such), then after he leaves a cruiser and two police on foot stop us to write down our information for suspected tagging public property. They also asked us those questions that they are unallowed to ask, we answered them however. All in all, I'm tired of being asked why I dress the way I do.
You know maybe if they stopped and thought about it for a while, they might realize that we're not the ones who they should be worrying about.

ninja
But people have been dressing this way since the 80's at least, you'd think 20 years would be good enough.
Think about it... all the people that stare you down every day, all the insults, and all the prejudges towards "the evil freaks that dress in black, wear sharp ornaments, worship satin and smoke crack". Just yesterday, I decided to wear a studded collar and a bunch of fancy thing like that to the bar and a bunch of assholes wanted to jump us just because we were not a bunch of wiggers or followed mainstream's code of conformity. I usually go out to this bar on weekends once in a while and never had any trouble before. Personally to me the progress achieved towards other subcultures since the 80s is right next to nothing.  

the_underworks

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:50 pm
the_underworks
Digital Malevolence
the_underworks
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence

ninja
Think about it... all the people that stare you down every day, all the insults, and all the prejudges towards "the evil freaks that dress in black, wear sharp ornaments, worship satin and smoke crack". Just yesterday, I decided to wear a studded collar and a bunch of fancy thing like that to the bar and a bunch of assholes wanted to jump us just because we were not a bunch of wiggers or followed mainstream's code of conformity. I usually go out to this bar on weekends once in a while and never had any trouble before. Personally to me the progress achieved towards other subcultures since the 80s is right next to nothing.
Yeah, I know what you are saying. But still, 20-something years and we still get looks like we are out of our minds. Pretty ******** stupid. It even seems like Punk is more accepted. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:32 pm
Digital Malevolence
the_underworks
Digital Malevolence
the_underworks
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence

ninja
Yeah, I know what you are saying. But still, 20-something years and we still get looks like we are out of our minds. Pretty ******** stupid. It even seems like Punk is more accepted. neutral
Punk's had more mainstream exposure and has filtered enough, plus you get all these harmless pre-teens who know nothing about the subculture at all calling themselves punks and watering down everyone's view on it. All we get is a segment on the nightly news about how we're antisocial and depressive black-clad teenagers who participate in highschool shootings and black masses. (Mostly...there's some good press out there too though, it's just harder to find and more obscure.)

It's in the definition, "sub-culture." Not many people from the mainstream culture know what many subcultures are about. We're below the main current of things and not that many people get to experience us, and as long as goth doesn't drift to mainstream I think it might stay that way.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:54 am
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
the_underworks
Digital Malevolence
the_underworks
Punk's had more mainstream exposure and has filtered enough, plus you get all these harmless pre-teens who know nothing about the subculture at all calling themselves punks and watering down everyone's view on it. All we get is a segment on the nightly news about how we're antisocial and depressive black-clad teenagers who participate in highschool shootings and black masses. (Mostly...there's some good press out there too though, it's just harder to find and more obscure.)

It's in the definition, "sub-culture." Not many people from the mainstream culture know what many subcultures are about. We're below the main current of things and not that many people get to experience us, and as long as goth doesn't drift to mainstream I think it might stay that way.
As much as I hate the ridicule, I hope goth never goes 'mainstream'. However, I do beleive it had a pretty big explosion in the late 80's and again in the late 90's. Or at least from my observation.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:52 pm
Digital Malevolence
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
the_underworks
Digital Malevolence
the_underworks

As much as I hate the ridicule, I hope goth never goes 'mainstream'. However, I do beleive it had a pretty big explosion in the late 80's and again in the late 90's. Or at least from my observation.
Me too. XD

Didn't do much for how we're viewed though did it?  

Henneth Annun
Captain

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:14 pm
Digital Malevolence

I do not know where you live, but I do not know of any place in the world where that police asking sort of question is illegal.

I do not believe it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:38 pm
zz1000zz
Digital Malevolence

I do not know where you live, but I do not know of any place in the world where that police asking sort of question is illegal.

I do not believe it.
I never said it was illegal, I said it was unallowed.

Its pretty much a form of profiling or at least a form of prejudice. By asking such questions they are pretty admitting they are only bothering us because the way we look which is illegal.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:02 am
Digital Malevolence
zz1000zz
Digital Malevolence

I do not believe it.

Its pretty much a form of profiling or at least a form of prejudice. By asking such questions they are pretty admitting they are only bothering us because the way we look which is illegal.

You said the officers asked questions that "aren't legal to ask." This means the questions are illegal. Even if we decided to take it from the more generous position, of "unallowed," I have never heard of anything which would make a police officer not allowed to ask those questions.

Perhaps where you live things are radically different than any place I have been. I doubt it, and I suspect you are just mistaken.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:56 pm
zz1000zz
Digital Malevolence
zz1000zz
Digital Malevolence

I do not believe it.

You said the officers asked questions that "aren't legal to ask." This means the questions are illegal. Even if we decided to take it from the more generous position, of "unallowed," I have never heard of anything which would make a police officer not allowed to ask those questions.

Perhaps where you live things are radically different than any place I have been. I doubt it, and I suspect you are just mistaken.
Ah, so I did. Well, there most definitly is questions that are illegal to ask in the U.S. Also, I shouldn't have specified 'questions, since most of them were assumptions and such, as well as rude comments. The detective poked fun at me, calling my clothes "******** stupid, and ugly" fallowed by calling me a "trouble making f*****t". The police officers were nicer, but still asked some unnecessary questions.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:02 pm
Digital Malevolence
Ah, so I did. Well, there most definitly is questions that are illegal to ask in the U.S. Also, I shouldn't have specified 'questions, since most of them were assumptions and such, as well as rude comments. The detective poked fun at me, calling my clothes "******** stupid, and ugly" fallowed by calling me a "trouble making f*****t". The police officers were nicer, but still asked some unnecessary questions.

There are laws which would limit what comments a police officer could make, which is largely a harassment issue. However, a police officer is allowed to ask about pretty much anything. The manner in which he or she asks is legislated, but not the question itself.

Of course, there is the legal point that while they can ask any question, you do not necessarily have to answer every question.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:40 pm
the_underworks
xXx kitsy xXx
the_underworks
Tonights annoying question is:
Have the enforcers of the law ever have done something you didn't deserve?

For me, yes, its a 2500$ fine.

Okay lets start with what I did deserve:
Speeding 20km/h over the limit
Not having a catalytic converter
Having my summer tires on (in Quebec it is law to have winter tires in the winter)

What I don't think I deserved:
Unsatisfactory seats (which are DOT approved and add to your security)
Unsatisfactory belts (which is a DOT approved 5 point racing harness which ADDS security in compatison to the original model)
Loud muffler note (which is 5 times less loud than the ricers you hear tearing down the street)
The aluminum roll cage (which is DOT approved GREATLY ADDS to ones security in a crash)
Having illegal projectiles in the car (WTF!!! whatever those are, I'm sure i didn't have any in the car)
Unsatisfactory fuel cell (Again DOT approved and adds to your security)
The tint on the windows was too dark for them (Even if it came with the car)

And to be honest it just goes on and on and on. It took 2 hours for those ******** pigs to meticulously inspect the car. for a second, i didn't care if they had guns or not, all i wanted to do was put their heads in the frame of the door and slam the door shut repeatedly to see if they could find anything wrong with the door.

just being curious, what kind of car is it?
An old Buick Grand National

That's a pretty nice looking car... and the new model's not bad either...
I mentioned this to my boyfriend out of boredom one day, and he said, so its a fine for making the car safer?
Just take the inspection papers up to the people who gave you the fine, or w/e. If you can prove you had it inspected and it's safer, they can't give you the fine, I don't think.
Haha, I'm getting a red camaro. (not my first choice, but I'll get a paint job) wish me luck with the cops.  

mechanical kitsy

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:42 pm
Digital Malevolence
zz1000zz
Digital Malevolence
zz1000zz
Digital Malevolence

I do not believe it.

should have gone straight to the police department afterwards and filed a complaint.
also, that's why paranoid people like me carry around sound recorders, to prove they said those things. even though mine is just my phone.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:01 pm
xXx kitsy xXx
Digital Malevolence
zz1000zz
Digital Malevolence
zz1000zz
Digital Malevolence

I do not believe it.

should have gone straight to the police department afterwards and filed a complaint.
also, that's why paranoid people like me carry around sound recorders, to prove they said those things. even though mine is just my phone.
Ha, filing a complaint really does nothing.

Yeah, it would have been nice if I had recorded it.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:14 pm
Haha. Right after midnight, beginning of my 20th birthday, I was pulled over 3 times.

1st time was with my friends. Apparently there had been some "suspicious activity" around the neighborhood and we were targeted for no known discernible reason. We'd just left another friend's house. Other than the way we look, there was really nothing to pin on us. My friend's head is shaved and he has a braided Jack-sparrow beard, me with my mohawk, my other friend with his trench, etc.

2nd time was a whole hour later. I try leaving my friend's house to head back to mine on my bike and I get pulled over by THE SAME DAMN COP. Again, asks me all this s**t. He thinks I stole my own bike. I get ID'd, etc.

So I'm heading home after this, muttering obscenities, etc.

3rd time, I get pulled a mile or two away, halfway home. I'm told I shouldn't be using foul language. First off, freedom of ******** speech, second off, you'd have to have had a mic up to me to hear what I was saying over the traffic and everything else. Ok, so the cop says my back reflector on my bike is missing. It's not; it just got slanted up a bit. I slant it down, he tells me my bike is STILL not "street legal" and tells me I have to walk it all the way home.

Oh, and then he says that if other cops or him see me riding my bike again I'll get a fine.

Yea, so what should have taken 20-30 minutes to bike home to took an hour and a half to walk. Over nothing. Thanks. Frickin bacon.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff