Submit

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:52 am
^ wait until you get to 3 years of twi-obsessed people...

I got into Tokio hotel almost 3 years ago now and they just came to North America last year.... and people got sooo obsessed with them.... though many of them won't give their german music a chance and think only their english music is good. bleh. But I kinda feel like Twilight is starting to fade a little because New Moon is still in production. it's like people kind of forgot about it. Same with TH because their next cds are on delay due to some... issues. So it's starting to weed out the true fans and the ones who were just into it because it was a big thing.

This should be a good thing for Twilight. All the true fans stick around with it while the ones who were like "OMG TWIlight the movie was sooo awesome. I'm such a fan. Rob is soo hot." will drift away, getting rid of the annoying fans. Newer and older fans can co-exist... as long as we're not all annoying as heck about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:31 pm
once a twilight lover
always a twilight lover.
you cant quit the guild sad  

Kari502

3,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

CatRoxx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:16 pm
Personally, I got into twilight via a friend of mine, just about a half year before the first movie.
And I'm looking at it at a very sober (as we would call it in Holland) way. Of course there are annoying fans, but you have those kind of people with a lot of things! Hell, I used to be into an anti-avril lavigne fase when she was sooo punk and I was sooo metal. But then one day I decided, why would I bother? Life's to short to be annoyed by silly things.
I liked the books because they were good. I liked the movie because I understand, that most of the movies based of books aren't as good as the actual book.
You don't have to be a 'total fan', just think of it as a book you like and maybe you'd pick it up after a few years to read it again.
At least, that's how I think about it...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:01 pm
I got into Twilight a year before the movie was released, when my mom gave me the books and told me that she thought that I'd like them. I have to say that she was right, and I do like them. But right from the start, I was always thinking that they weren't the best book series ever written, and I was never a hard-core fangirl about the books. I'm pretty low-key about the whole thing, but the crazy fangirls who obsess over the book and call it "the best thing ever written" really annoy me, because I know that's not true.

For me, I've just sort of been classified as either an intelligent fan, or as a Twislasher. *shrugs* I don't really care, I've never been huge into the series, but I have been HUGE into D. Gray-Man since before the anime was released here. Honestly, it reminds me a bit of Naruto, cause now the fandom is all made up of crazy-obsessed people who just turn me off of it. And besides, it wasn't that great of a manga/anime either.

To Mitsubachi, I can get where you're coming from. I've experienced the "you don't know what you're talking about! The band was better back with Tarja!" spiel from too many Nightwish fans to count. I mean, yeah I was late getting on the bandwagon for the band, but I absolutely love their style, and even though Tarja's left the band, I still think that the essence which is Nightwish is still there, even though they've lost a defining part of them. Nightwish is still Nightwish, they're still symphonic metal, just leaning a little more towards power, but it's not like they suddenly changed genres completely. I'm still anxiously awaiting their new release.

And I never really got into Tokio Hotel, not my kind of music. And, well, having Bill's face shoved into mine everytime I went on a forum wasn't too much fun either.

Twilight Scribe

rock_greenday_lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:22 pm
Kari502
once a twilight lover
always a twilight lover.
you cant quit the guild sad

This is like the only place where you can meet true fans. we're all dedicated here.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:28 pm
If you decide that you're not liking it anymore because it's over...dear god, how could you ever call yourself a fan at all?

I used to be totally and completely obsessed with the series. After Eclipse came out...I stopped promoting it. I realized that I hated how popular it had gotten and I wanted it to remain something that was close to my heart. I hate its popularity--not the series itself.

I hate the movies. I still like the books. I still call myself a fan. You're just a teenybopper that followed along with the masses. I'm glad that you're showing lack of dependancy on fads and trends, but please. You're not a fan if you're "deciding" that you don't like it, even after you joined a guild, read all of the books...blah blah blah.  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

xScarlet Bellax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:09 pm
Wow!! if you guys are planning to not be Twilight fans anymore then you guy never were fans to begin with..... i love the twilight books. i've read them all and i can read them over and over and over and still feel just as good as i did when i first read them. i will always be a fan for life!.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:42 pm
Actually, I don't think I'm gonna quit being a fan. I guess I was just blinded by the annoying new obsessive fangirls who haven't eve nread the book, and had only watched the movie. Now that that has quited down a bit, I don't think I've lost any of my old interest in it.

I'm glad I can find some serious fans in this guild. And, I guess I'll always be a twilight fan, 'cause this book touched my heart! heart  

WineChan

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:20 pm
xScarlet Bellax
Wow!! if you guys are planning to not be Twilight fans anymore then you guy never were fans to begin with..... i love the twilight books. i've read them all and i can read them over and over and over and still feel just as good as i did when i first read them. i will always be a fan for life!.

jeez, harsh much?

People can still like the books but not be completely obsessed and overly absorbed in it.

I'm sorry but my true fan-girl-ness lays with Tokio Hotel. It's been that was for almost 3 years now... longer than I've liked Twilight.

I don't need to be an overly crazed fangirl to like Twilight and just enjoy talking about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:55 pm
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
xScarlet Bellax

jeez, harsh much?

People can still like the books but not be completely obsessed and overly absorbed in it.

I'm sorry but my true fan-girl-ness lays with Tokio Hotel. It's been that was for almost 3 years now... longer than I've liked Twilight.

I don't need to be an overly crazed fangirl to like Twilight and just enjoy talking about it.
This is so true! I like the series, and do consider myself a fan, but I was never the hardcore 'OMG I LOVE TWILIGHT' fan. It's really hard for me to get like that over anything, and now that I've actually found something that's turned me into a true fangirl, is something that's been around for more then forty years.

I am a Trekkie, and proud of it. xD

Twilight Scribe

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:34 am
Twilight Scribe
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
xScarlet Bellax

jeez, harsh much?

This is so true! I like the series, and do consider myself a fan, but I was never the hardcore 'OMG I LOVE TWILIGHT' fan. It's really hard for me to get like that over anything, and now that I've actually found something that's turned me into a true fangirl, is something that's been around for more then forty years.

rofl nice.

Well that beats my tokio hotel obsession then rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:12 pm
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
Twilight Scribe
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
xScarlet Bellax

jeez, harsh much?

rofl nice.

Well that beats my tokio hotel obsession then rofl rofl
Star Trek is awesome. And packs lots of messages into what may seem to be mindless entertainment; it helps that Spock and Kirk are totally gay for each other. xD  

Twilight Scribe

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:27 pm
Twilight Scribe
Star Trek is awesome. And packs lots of messages into what may seem to be mindless entertainment; it helps that Spock and Kirk are totally gay for each other. xD

lmao.

I use to watch Star Trek with my dad... he was a big trekkie. >_____<
That's where my dislike for the series comes from. My father and I are not close.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:05 pm
I love twilight and knowing that new moon is comming out just makes me even more obessed with it... and just because lots of the crazy annoying fans left... doesn't mean they won't come back for new moon and i bet they will  

Bitters Worst Nightmare

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:35 pm
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
Twilight Scribe
lmao.

I use to watch Star Trek with my dad... he was a big trekkie. >_____<
That's where my dislike for the series comes from. My father and I are not close.
Yeah well, the sparkly toga wearing being from Who Mourns for Adonis is more sparkly then Sparklie. Come to think of it, I'm a Trekkie, but no one else in my family is really one, my dad likes it though. He loves to point out how many times Kirk breaks the Prime Directive, which amuses me greatly.

I, personally, just watch it for the slash. And damn, I would totally let Sulu bang me, cause ho shitz, he's sexy!

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff