Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate Harry Potter?
  no
View Results

melilazngurl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:15 pm
I am a christian but I feel bad when some of my christian friends talk bad about it and I'm like whats so bad about it. They say it totally against what GOD said like don't believe in witchcraft. Whenever I think about it I think am I a bad Christian?? I really hope I'm not. I mean its not like I'm breaking any of the 10 commandments, right?? I love GOD but I also love Harry Potter.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:49 am
Im am a firm Christian and a lover of Jesus ! I also love Harry Potter becuse its an awsome fiction book. Im glad that there are lots of Christian fans out there that are like me !!  

SWELLZ

covo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:09 am
I'm a Christian and believe in Jesus but I also love Harry Potter. I don't like the Christians who say Harry Potter teaches children black magic, that's crazy, Harry Potter is just a book.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:51 pm
I am (like all of you here) a Christian and a Harry Potter freak. I think everyone who thinks Harry Potter is satanic should just read the books with an open mind and see how it actually points to many truths. I mean, J.K. Rowling supposedly said she's a Christian, or at least goes to church, and there's all sorts of stuff that overflows into her books. Such as Lily giving up her life for her son, or Harry's greatest strength being that of love. And all the values (well, at least all the ones I can see) that are put forward as good are just that - good. Friendship and loyalty and bravery and such. It's just like any other fantasy story where they use magic. I mean, even Tolkien and Lewis, the two most well-known Christian fantasy authors, used magic, and quite prominently. I think the main reason people are screaming at Harry Potter is because the female wizards are actually called witches. As such, they immediately think of all those verses where witchcraft is abolished. But really, it's not teaching people to use REAL witchcraft. I mean, if you got a foot-long stick and said, "Wingardium Leviosa!" nothing would happen. And only a complete dork would actually believe that was possible, anyway. It's rather like Dungeons and Dragons. It's not evil in and of itself; as long as you take it all in stride and realize that it's just a whimsical little fiction, no harm is done. And some people might even get to thinking about things such as death and how to cope with it, and it might help them. I dunno *shrugs*  

Griselda Banks

Night Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:58 am
I am not a Christian, however, I never understood why people who are couldn't love HP just as much as everyone else. I mean, sure there's witchcraft and magic involved, but it's fiction. Those things are also contained in the most well known fairy tales that nearly every child is familiar with. I never understood why super-conservative Christian groups supported the burning of these books. The majority of them have probably never read them or they would see that the books, through the good and noble characters, teach many valuable lessons like friendship and loyalty. Much of it is very wise.
Another reason some conservatives' hate for this series always confused me was that once I saw a 'Christian' book list which included the Lord of the Rings series. Do those books not contain many of the same things that conservative Christians condemn in Harry Potter??

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:03 pm
Babii_Brunette
Hey everybody I'm new here (can you tell?) And I was just wondering if there are and other Jesus lovers who also read Harry Potter ?_?

Okay I am a Christian and I first read Hp in 2 grade. There is absolutely nothing against religion in it. It also has good morals!  

Oridaius

Rose Malfoy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:48 pm
Darkness Fairie
Okay I am an uber christian. I practice my faith, pray, and read the bible. I try to read or think of at least one thing out of the scriptures a day. Guess what? I am not only a proud Jesus Freak as people may label me, but a Harry Potter fan. My religion plays a major role in my life, but although Harry Potter may have some things deemed satanic, the children that are allowed to read this book should be smart enough to realize that this is all just make believe, am I right? I don't think they are going to allow little 1st or 2nd graders to read this book. At such a young age they don't have the attention span to read such a long novel, but they also will not necessarily understand the book because of the hard language and use of spells that the child may have trouble differing from other words. The child(ren) reading this book should be at the least a 4th grader, but be very well adapt to comprehending materails that are deemed to be fantasy, and seperating the fantasy from reality. All in all Harry Potter is about a boy who survived death and is on a journey trying to find his way through life and realizing his true place. It does revolve around his studies of magic, but other books also hold magic and make-believe why aren't those books being made into a controversy? For those of you who say this is a satanic book then why won't you actually read it? I know of people who hate it just because of what others have told them. They don't actually know the story, nor its morals. This is my own personal opinion, not that of anyone else. If you have any problem with it feel free to contact me!
I agree  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:49 pm
Night Side
I am not a Christian, however, I never understood why people who are couldn't love HP just as much as everyone else. I mean, sure there's witchcraft and magic involved, but it's fiction. Those things are also contained in the most well known fairy tales that nearly every child is familiar with. I never understood why super-conservative Christian groups supported the burning of these books. The majority of them have probably never read them or they would see that the books, through the good and noble characters, teach many valuable lessons like friendship and loyalty. Much of it is very wise.
Another reason some conservatives' hate for this series always confused me was that once I saw a 'Christian' book list which included the Lord of the Rings series. Do those books not contain many of the same things that conservative Christians condemn in Harry Potter??
I agree 100%  

Rose Malfoy

camouflage_girl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:10 pm
I'm a Christian and I'm also a Harry Potter freak. And yeah, I agree that Harry Potter does teach a lot of morals. I think it sucks that people can't read it because it is really well-written with a good story plot, good characters, etc. It's awesome!

I agree with everything said here.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:09 am
Darkness Fairie
Okay I am an uber christian. I practice my faith, pray, and read the bible. I try to read or think of at least one thing out of the scriptures a day. Guess what? I am not only a proud Jesus Freak as people may label me, but a Harry Potter fan. My religion plays a major role in my life, but although Harry Potter may have some things deemed satanic, the children that are allowed to read this book should be smart enough to realize that this is all just make believe, am I right? I don't think they are going to allow little 1st or 2nd graders to read this book. At such a young age they don't have the attention span to read such a long novel, but they also will not necessarily understand the book because of the hard language and use of spells that the child may have trouble differing from other words. The child(ren) reading this book should be at the least a 4th grader, but be very well adapt to comprehending materails that are deemed to be fantasy, and seperating the fantasy from reality. All in all Harry Potter is about a boy who survived death and is on a journey trying to find his way through life and realizing his true place. It does revolve around his studies of magic, but other books also hold magic and make-believe why aren't those books being made into a controversy? For those of you who say this is a satanic book then why won't you actually read it? I know of people who hate it just because of what others have told them. They don't actually know the story, nor its morals. This is my own personal opinion, not that of anyone else. If you have any problem with it feel free to contact me!

I completly agree ^-^ It's the same with me. I am a uber christian, and I am very proud of my faith and won't have a problem standing up for it. But I do read the Harry Potter books, and even though it has to do with 'witch craft' I know that it is all just pretend. I also agree with everything else you said ^-^  

Kaniki

Rowena Marion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:16 pm
Totally possible. I'm a Christian, first and formost, and forever....but I am also a Harry Potter, Narnia, and Star Wars freak. Honestly, when I became a Christian, I was concerned about those topics...But God hasn't led me away from any of them, and infact, I read them differently now--I can see parallels between those plots and the history of my faith and people. fyi: I started reading HP almost 10 years ago--I became a Christian a little over 3 years ago.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:46 am
wooooott blaugh i am a christian , but i luv HP!!!!!!  

Christizzle

evy_writer

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:27 am
Yes, I believe with everyone. My mother asked me a few years ago did I know that the magic wasn't real. Just to be safe. I assured her that I only read it for the adventure and suspense that JK puts into the novels. I'm starting to go back to Church, but I've always prayed. Just because I'm a God fearing and religious person, I can't read a FICTION and FANTASY book? Some people think black magic is real. Well, I don't believe that. But anyway, I bet these people saying it's bad can read and watch things on Merlin and it's alllllllll allright. That is complete bull. It is all the same. So what, JK got a good story idea and thought she'd ENTERTAIN us. What is she gathering an army saying "Hey, let's see how many Christians we can anger" NO! As a writer, I know that when a good idea hits you, you have to go with it. Harry Potter isn't even real. It's teaching Harry these spells that are made up, even if they do use latin and whatnot roots. Basically, people who take these things seriously have to either be really young, or completely insane. But either way, I don't think that it affects my religion in anyway. Thank you sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:34 pm
I too am a Christian, and HP is a big part of my life... OK... perhaps that's a hyperbole, but you get the general point. Harry Potter has nothing against Christ or any Christian beliefs, so what's so wrong with reading a fictional book? Nothing.  

Diana_Faye

Wiwra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:14 pm
YES! I HATE HARRY! twisted HE ISN;T HOT! RON IS SO HOT NOT HARRY....BUAHAHAHAHA..... twisted twisted twisted xd  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff