Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:07 pm
Name of Soquili and Link to Image: Balrog
Balrog's Cert

Link to Teepee:
Sabin's Teepee

Balrog & Stormwild's Herd Thread

Links to RP(s) that show the Soquili has met both the first and second examples of 'what makes an Elder':
Balrog's life has been focused on proving his strength and mettle, not just of himself but of his herd. He started out as a brash, secretly insecure young stallion fleeing from a decimated herd of primarily ground soquili - one being his own mother. He had been seen as a protector of that herd, being the only gifted with wings from a father that had not stayed. In order to cope with his failure, Balrog adopted a scathing opinion of the weakness of ground soquili who could not protect themselves from predators. He set out, seeking other soquili like him - to be surrounded by such strength.
Over time, Balrog joined with Stormwild, a beautiful wind mare who he saw worthy of his affections, after taking it upon himself to point out the error of her ways in mating with a ground soquili.
His herd thread, of which Balrog is the protector, is Here and not only logs most of the RPs of the herd, but also has all of its members and the herd philosophy. He very much considers himself a leader of the herd, and has been instrumental in shaping the ideals of the herd (which were his own) - focusing on the strength of the blood, the power of those soquili blessed with the ability of flight. But over the years, his pride and (some would probably say bigotism) in favor of his own wings has evolved into a pride in his family lines and herd group.

What follows are a selection of RPs that highlight Balrog's story: his development over time and some of the main conflicts and life-shaping incidents:

• Balrog meets Stormwild - The Brash, argumentative young stallion Balrog meets his future mate, Stormwild, and is quite vocal about his ideals.
  • The Formation of the Herd
  • A Proposal - In his own headstrong way, Balrog offers to be Stormwild's mate.
  • Balrog's First Children - Balrog begins to mature with the arrival of children.
  • The Herd Grows - Balrog is a very important decision-maker in the herd, making sure that new members understand the philosophy and are willing to follow it.
  • They All Will Pay - Balrog is fed up with ground soquili in his herd and his feeling of being out of control, and his affair with what he perceives is a more like-minded soquili, Anemone.
  • Stormy Skies - In which there is a fissure in the herd, and Balrog's grand ideal is finally realized. His herd becomes only comprised of winged soquili, the other 'lesser' members of the herd leave.
  • Aftermath - in which Balrog's future children with Anemone is discussed with Stormwild and decisions are made. Balrog realizes that his herd is most important, and with Stormwild, makes the decision to focus on the future of their herd and the strength of its members.
  • Welcome Little Prince - Balrog's son, Firestorm, is born and welcomed into the herd by him and Stormwild.
  • O Restless Warrior - Solo RP with Balrog reflecting on his life and his herd.
  • Rebellious - A strong son is sometimes more a headache than a boon. Firestorm takes a great deal after Balrog, and not as mindful as Balrog would like. A hint at things to come in the future!

Why would your Soquili (IC) choose the Elder path?
Balrog sees himself as more than a role model for his herd, but as a driving force shaping their beliefs. He is a teacher to the foals, instructing them in the ways of the herd, but more than just the power of those with wings, but also valuable life skills. He teachers the young colts how to defend their territory and fledgling foals against cougars and other predators. He teaches the foals how to fly, and how to embrace the winds and exalt in the miracle of flight. He has embraced the teachings of his and the herds' totem, Thunderbird, and seeks to model himself and his herd after his ideals of strength and power.

He sees new life in the herd as the ultimate success. He values the herd and its overall strength above anything else. And he sees himself as an authority in the herd, a source of knowledge and enforcer of the rules. He does not balk at confrontation if he sees it necessary, frequently patrolling the border of the herdlands to ensure its safety.

Why have you chosen the Elder path for your Soquili OOC?
Not only is Balrog my first soquili, but he's become over the years kind of the mascot for my soquili herd and interest. I've commissioned artwork of him (by the artist who did the original soquili lines, Leelakin!) , I've grown very attached to him, and have built up multi-leveld plots around him and his herd and family group. He's evolved as a character, and yet still stayed true to his stubborn nature.

Of all my soquili, he really is the only one I see who truly fits the concept of an elder - both in his position in life and his force of personality. Not only that, but for a long time, I have really wanted Balrog specifically to take on the mantle of Elder.

Despite the fact that he's old enough for me to have had his stats go to 100% automatically when stats were done differently when the shop was new, I lacked the foresight of having a teepee in the early days. While I did RP him before I had a teepee quite regularly, I didn't make a teepee until October of 2007. Since then I've RPd him very regularly and have built his stats up to 100% from that point, and have continued playing him (and certainly will continue to do so!) after that ^.^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:12 pm
User ImageName of Soquili and Link to Image: Stormwild
Link to Teepee: [The Teepee] [The Herd]
Links to RP(s) that show how the Soquili has grown over time, proving his or her development into an Elder:

These are the RPs I think most directly influence Stormwild's progression from a young stubborn filly to a proud, weathered, experienced matron of her own herd:

• Stormwild meets Balrog - Young and heavy with the foals from her union with Couscous, Stormwild meets the pround Wind Soquili that will shape her life forever. This was an in-thread RP on Oct 12 2005.

• Thoughts - Storm begins to realize the difficulties of raising her non-winged son, making her consider Balrog's words more seriously.

• Herd is Official - Stormwild and Balrog form their herd, and she stands her ground about letting her son be a part of it, even though he does not have wings.

• A Proposal - Tensions rise between Sequoyah and Balrog; Balrog offers to be Stormwild's mate.

• Stormwild gives birth to Barlog's children

• Sweet Shell of Mine - Stormwild saves a mysterious shell from predators, which turns into a kelpi she adopts as her own. This was an entry to an RP contest that I won during the kelpi event.

• Sequoyah's Exodus - Sequoyah sees the pain his mother is going through. It's evident she loves Balrog with all her heart, but tensions between the ground and winged members of their herd have come to a head, and he tells his mother he is leaving.

• Stormy Skies - Balrog and Stormwild have a conversation long-coming: regarding the leaving of their herd by the non-winged soquili, and Balrog's mating with Anemone

• All things in time... - Stormwild learns to put aside petty jealousy and be strong when Balrog needs her the most, after Anemone leaves.

• The Coming of Spring - As Stormwild and Balrog wait for his basket to open, they reflect together. For the first time, Stormwild feels her age, but with it - peace.

• Welcome, Little Prince - Stormwild welcomes Firestorm into her life, accepting him as her son

Why would your Soquili (IC) choose the Elder path? Stormwild feels a deep responsibility for everyone in her herd. She arrived in the Kawani lands as just a young inexperienced filly, but quickly the events in her life swept up around her. She was a mother at a young age, and faced many challenges in raising a son when he could not share the skies with her.

She has fallen in love with a stallion who both challenges her and completes her. Her relationship with Balrog has not always been affectionate, or even kind. She has learned the hard way that love is complicated and trying. Balrog has brought out the best in her: her beauty, her strength, her courage. Through their tumultuous relationship she has learned to mature and rise above a painful situation.

She has experienced the sharp pain of sacrifice, and the soothing success of compromise. For her herd to survive, Sequoyah had to break away from it, and he took all the other non-winged with him. Sequoyah made the choice for her, but she had to eventually learn to accept the fact that her son's exit from the herdlands was necessary to keep the herd strong and true to its heritage. However, her children are not far from her; Sequoyah making his own herd in the valley at the base of the mountains. Storm makes an effort to visit them frequently, and would gladly fight to the death for any of them.

Her life has been a true journey, and you can see real growth in her attitude and view on the world. Being an Elder would feel so right to her. Being a Soquili who has experienced so much, she would feel that she had wisdom and knowledge to lead many more generations of Soquili to their paths.

Why have you chosen the Elder path for your Soquili OOC? First of all - she's old! xd I got her on September 2, 2005. Not only was she my first Soquilil, she was the first Wind Soquili in the shop, and won from the first custom auction. I've made an effort to RP her over all my other Soquili and she's still my most treasured ones. Playing Stormwild ICly, I won an RP contest with her during the kelpi event, which is how I got Mahi. I feel that she's perfect Elder material because of her long life, wisdom, and experiences. Of course her stats are all at 100% - I feat she made before the major overall of how stats are calculated. She has been the constant in my life at Soquili, and I want nothing more for her than to finish her journey with such an honor!

User Image

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:39 pm
Name of Soquili and Link to Image: Rogue

Link to Teepee: Teepee

Links to RP(s) that show how the Soquili has grown over time, proving his or her development into an Elder:

I Can See Through You - A young Rogue has her first encounter with Remy and makes it clear that she can do everything on her own and doesn't neeed help from anyone.
Feathered Again - Rogue's bitter attitude toward anything male becomes more apparent as Remy tries to befriend her.
What Did You Say?
Can't Lie To Yourself - Rogue begins to admit that she enjoys Remy's company and that maybe being alone constantly isn't what she really wants.
Like Father Like Son - After admitting to herself that she enjoys Remy's company, even likes him, she gets run into by none other than his son. She tells Remy to go back to the family he choose and leave her to her broken heart.
I Need You to Need Me - Rogue talks to Remy about their feelings for each other after the shock of finding out about his foals.
No More of that Silly Talk
Am Ah Dreamin' - Rogue confronts Remy after she discovers she's carrying his foals
What are they good for anyway? - Rogue has a heart to heart with Nostalgia about the idea of being a mother.
I'm sorry .. i didn't mean it - Rogue returns to apologize to Remy for her rash words to him earlier.
Family
Chaos in the Camp - Her children are born.
Emerald and Gold - Rogue speaks to Aziraphale about what motherhood brings and shows him that being friends with someone doesn't always mean you agree on everything.
Uh...oh - Rogue's adopted granddaughter comes to her with news that she's pregnant and asks for advice on how to break the news to her father.

Why would your Soquili (IC) choose the Elder path? She started out her life believing that she didn't need anything more than herself to get along. She was fully repaired to live her life like this up until a swamp rat of a stallion changed her mind. Remy brought out the side of her she'd been hiding from the world and she loves him dearly for it.

Remy and their children, both her blood children and Remy's other family, mean the world to her. She has come to love that she has a family that's always around and love each other even if they all don't share the same blood. As a younger girl she never would have thought of herself as the motherly type but now that she is she wouldn't give it up for the world. Her life is so much brighter with not only her children but grandchildren looking up to her for advice. She finds it a honor that she came from a bratty little girl and is now respected by others.

She considers her life and all the mistakes she made along the way to be the foundation of who she is. Without those mistakes and fumbles she would not have a loving mate and a beautiful family around her. She knows she has grow up thanks to the responsibility and is fully prepared to handle whatever life may throw at any of those she loves. She wants to be the Mother that everyone can look up to and come to if they ever have a problem and the strong mare that she always knew she could be.

Why have you chosen the Elder path for your Soquili OOC? Originally i didn't really have plans for Rogue to go down this path but as i Rped her and developed her character it took on a life of it's own. She grew up from her original character concept into a proud and strong mother figure for her entire family herd. Those in her family, whether blood or not, come to her for advice and look to her and Remy as the heads of the household. She's welcomed children, grandchildren, and even great-grand children into the world and helped those new parents in her family to feel comfortable with the responsibility. She has become the head of my favorite family to Rp in the soquili world almost on her own. I couldn't have planned the twists and turns her Rp has taken her character though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:51 pm
Name of Soquili and Link to Image: Dante

Links to RP(s) that show how the Soquili has grown over time, proving his or her development into an Elder: A part of me doesn't even know where to start with Dante. I'll pick the events that seem most important to his growth. If anyone asked him about his own life, he'd probably laugh. He grew up knowing he wasn't supposed to be created, since his mother was forced and taken by Reaper. He may still be trying to forgive his father for everything he has done, but he has finally accepted his own life for the beauty it is. That is his greatest accomplishment through the nightmares he has encountered.

The journey itself has been a long one, and it all started when he met the most important individual in his life, Tal. Peculiar Beings was Dante's first rp where he met his best friend. It was also the first time he strayed away from his mother, even with the option of him possibly being killed. It was the first real decision he made by himself, since before meeting Tal he had never done anything except hide. Sadly, he knew that Reaper wanted him dead and he couldn't handle it like his brother and sister did. Reaper couldn't believe that Korrine bore and kept the children so the stallion was constantly searching for them. Through this rp he was able to experience what being a foal was like, and he honestly believed that he'd never see Tal again after it. In his mind, he told himself he'd be dead by then. The next couple months of his life went quickly, and he soon started to mature into his teen years. He had a few interactions here and there, but finally the unexpected happened.

The Nightmare becomes Reality marked Dante finally seeing his father. Reaper was there and in front of him. And, what did Reaper do? He completely ignored Dante and praised his brother Ezriel for his inner darkness and skill. Dante was ignored and casted aside as if truly never being born. It was the hardest moment for Dante because his one fear was finally in front of him and the fear didn't even recognize him. Dante then fell into a painful self-created darkness as he grew into adulthood. He barely talked to others and refused interaction at all costs. But once again the unexpected happened, and in two occasions he met with the most fabulous of mares.

... WOW was definitely an interesting time for Dante because Amary was able to help bring him out into the light and reality of the world. She taught him of passion and fun, and at first he couldn't accept any of it. It was strange for him because without him even knowing it, he was finally making a friend. Shortly after meeting with Amary, she was able to find him again in A Kept Promise He was able to see her again as a known friend, but this time they got a bit more heated in argument. As their discussion went on, he realized the mare was extremely flirtatious and that scared him. Amary was very open in her sexuality and Dante just couldn't admit to understanding such a thing. It was his own personal decision to avoid any 'sadistic' thoughts like that, since he could never forget his own birth and demise in the world. Amary did open Dante up tremendously so to this day he is very thankful that she stuck around and kept him thinking. She tried to break him of his fear of sexuality, and she did a good job making him feel uncomfortable. What was most important was how much he learned from her and to this day he'll never forget her. She may have spoke of things he'd never want to experience, but she showed him how to laugh and play, and that was something he had never done before.

His next encounter and search was brought about by his discussions with Amary, and he realized it was time he see Tal again. Keeping my End of the Promise was the perfect meeting that needed to happen. He had just spent his time learning from Amary, so he was able to find the confidence to talk with Tal instead of running away. He and Tal first met because they found a connection in how different the both of them looked compared to others. Through this rp they were able to connect again and Dante was able to rekindle the great friend he had in his youth. Tal also becomes the one individual who helps Dante carry his burdens. It might have been from Tal's guidance and hope, but Dante's next important rp involved him finally settling things with his mother.

A Mother's Love meant that Dante was able to finally speak to his mother and show her the stallion he had become. His mother shows the complete kindness and love she carries and Dante learns to accept things like she has. It is hard for him at first because his mother has been through even more than him. He is honored to be related to someone so strong and he tries to think like she does and carry himself with more confidence rather than shame.

The Brightness Within was a similar roleplay, except this time Dante was able to speak with Reaper's actual mother. He was able to learn what Reaper was before transforming into a monster and his eyes opened up even more to the world. He also learned that Angel lost her beloved to Reaper, who was also Reaper's father. Dante is stunned to see that Angel still loves her son, and he is conflicted as to how strong forgiveness really is. He is finally learning, though. It's never easy... is Dante meeting Angel's mate, Raguel, who Dante thought was dead. Dante is stunned to learn that Raguel also forgives his son, and Dante finds himself maturing even more. At this point in Dante's life, he is finally starting to accept the huge family he has. He isn't sure if he accepts his father yet, so he searches for Tal once again. She always helps him unravel any crazed thoughts in his mind.

May Flowers bring what? is when Dante was able to meet Tal's father, and one of the reasons this was most fascinating for Dante is because he's always wondered what a real father is like. By watching Jack he is able to find a desire to search for his own father. But sadly, not yet. Instead, he runs again to the one most important to him and asks Tal to be his lifemate. He realizes what matters to him in this world, and protecting her would be an honor he would cherish. In terms of Dante's family, at this point in time Reaper has apparently taken a turn and has lost the darkness he once carried when Dante was young. Reaper has become a family-oriented stallion and such a thing seemed impossible to Dante. But, he starts to believe the rumors when he meets Reaper's newest daughter Cresil.

The Truth Revealed brought great shock to Dante because apparently his father spoke of him to his children. Cresil knew all about Dante, Ezriel, and Meera and was proud to speak of them. This leaves Dante to contemplate if such a thing is possible. How could his father shift so much? But for now, he has his own life to create. And if it wasn't for all of his friends and family he probably wouldn't have survived at all. In the past he would have argued that none of these experiences were worth it. But, now as a grown and respectable stallion, Dante is proud of all that has happened and is thankful to those he has met. He has survived in a way most would find unimaginable.

Why would your Soquili (IC) choose the Elder path? Dante is a fighter even if he didn't always feel like one. If there was one gene Reaper gave him it was a secret desire to make it through it all. When he was born, and when his mind started functioning, instead of being like a normal colt he wanted to die and give up. He didn't want to experience life at all because he was too afraid. He found a way out of the pain and suffering and knows a light exists. He would be the first to admit to his shameful past, but instead he focuses on his amazing future. He is mated with the love of his life and has become a stallion who brings hope and love to those he meets. Becoming an Elder would help him transition into his next stage of life, and he would hold the honor in his heart forever.
Why have you chosen the Elder path for your Soquili OOC? It has been my pleasure roleplaying Dante and I believe him becoming an Elder would fit so well in to the bright future he has created for himself. If Dante could become an Elder then I think I would finally give him the interaction he's always wanted with his father. Becoming an Elder would mean he is much more than what his father could have ever imagined him being. And in truth, becoming an elder would mean Dante has become something even more than what he thought as well. I'd want him to finally gain that satisfaction of himself. He has become someone respectable and amazing and I'd want him to share any knowledge he has with the other Soquili he encounters. I think he'd be a great role model as someone who has overcome so much and I'd want him to help others like all of his family and friends have helped him.  

Tweekend

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:26 am
Name of Soquili and Link to Image: Remy LeBeau

Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=9504081&page=1

[x] All That Glitters/When Fire Meets Water - This RP introduces Remy LeBeau in a brief pissing contest between stallions soon interrupted by a beautiful mare. As the winner he manages to lead Kitara off for a wild race, exposing his love of natural beauty and joy in simple things.
[x] Think Twice - This RP shows how impulsive Remy once was; quick to anger and just as quick to rumble and defend. A rather typical hot-headed youth, he lets his mouth get away from him.
[x] Burning Embers - Still hot from his argument, Remy crosses paths with Indawo who imparts to him a great wisdom; some people are just difficult.
[x] Thunder Rolls - Once again getting in touch with nature and forgetting everything but the little things, Remy finds himself racing against a storm with Kitara and her brother, Takoda. He has a great respect building for the mare; something that surprises the would-be Casanova.
[x] I Can See Through You - Remy meets Rogue for the first time and finds in her something that he doesn't often get; a challenge issued by a mare who seems too uptight to enjoy the simple things in life.
[x] Flames in the Night - Once again Remy and Kitara meet and he shows her again what life can be like when one gives in to the call of freedom and wild abandon, never understanding how anyone can resist such a thing.
[x] Feathered Again - Practicing a bit of psychology, Remy tries to figure out just what it is that makes Rogue tick, giving her his opinions on her situation while trying to make her loosen up a bit, even if it goes just as far as admitting things to herself.
[x] What Did You Say? - Once again taking up the role of Defender Against the Unjust, Remy stands up for his beliefs against Nuka, an obnoxious natural-colored stallion. Even despite the other male's insistence, he stands strong in his resolve, believing that others are beautiful because of who they are, not what they look like... Although his opinions rare their head at the end, proving he still has a long way to go.
[x] Remy to the Rescue! - A glimpse at teepee life from Remy's point of view. 'His' human needed his protection and he gave it, showing that his defense of females extends beyond just Soquili and on to humans as well.
[x] Suprise! - This RP marks the beginning of the turning points in Remy's life. Kitara comes to break the news that she's pregnant to him, giving him more of a reason than ever to straighten up his act; his own foals. He takes that step towards growing up, promising to stand by her and help her raise them no matter what.
[x] Can't Lie to Yourself - Growing up and growing restless seem to come hand in hand as far as Remy is concerned. He wanders away from Kitara's side to collect his thoughts only to cross paths with Rogue again, finally coaxing her into loosening up to enjoy life the way he does.
[x] Where Were You? - Reality is often a harsh thing to come back to but, as with most things, there is a bright side.
[x] Like Father, Like Son & [x] I'm Tellin'! - Everything comes out into the open in these two RPs; the two worlds that Remy's been living in crash together and then explode, leaving him to question himself and whether or not he's done right by anyone, his voice filled with apologies as he finally breaks down in front of Kitara. This RP is both an end and a beginning; a promise to keep ties while breaking others.
[x] Brothers and Sisters - A day with family. Remy tries to impart some of his wisdom on the feminine mystique to his sons, wanting them both to learn to treat mares far better than he had in his past.
[x] I Need You to Need Me - Remy comes clean about everything in this RP, taking a step along the path of growth and development in fessing up to everything, letting Rogue know just how important she is to him; that he wants a chance to set things right between them, like he hadn't been able to before. Mistakes can't be undone but they can't be learned from.
[x] Am I Dreaming? [x] Confessions - Having finally found a happy medium between being a father of three, a friend to Kitara and something more to Rogue, Remy finds himself baffled and upset by Rogue's delivery of her news for him and her insistence that she needs space. Upset he seeks Kitara, looking to reminisce and finally come to terms with everything that's come to pass.
[x] Family - With the arrival of three new baskets, two families become one with Remy as the leader of the small 'herd'. He lets two of his elder children know that nothing changes the family that they've always known, that it's simply grown to include new siblings and Rogue.
[x] Homecoming - Having seen his son grow up into the same stallion that he watched himself become, Remy takes a moment to see if Sedi's learned anything from life. He welcomes him home with open arms, so to speak.
[x] One Crazy Family - As the head of their family, Remy welcomes Nuka to it after finding out that his daughter, Atsila, is pregnant, bestowing a bit of advice upon the other stallion as well.

Why would your Soquili (IC) choose the Elder path? Remy was never the model of the perfect stallion in his own youth and he would have been the first to tell you that; flirting with multiple mares and tossing care to the wind... But with age came experience and a wisdom he never thought he'd poses. There was something important that he would try to impress on everyone he crossed paths with as well; live life to its fullest and find beauty in everything. Accept things as they happen and learn from them, building your life out of everything that happens. Take the good with the bad as it only serves to make you stronger. Remy would chose the path of the Elder to try and get others to see that as well, to pass on the wisdom of appreciating all of the little things, not taking a moment in life for granted while stepping up to take lead in doing what needs to be done in the process.

Why have you chosen the Elder path for your Soquili OOC? Initially I had no other plans in mind for Remy beyond casting him as the stereotypical flirt; the a** who can't keep comments to himself, determined to woo all of the pretty ladies. Most of that is pretty evident in the earliest RPs linked. One night changed everything and a second night flipped everything upside-down. He had a plot and a personality blossoming past anything I'd imagined. I've chosen the Elder path for Remy because I want to be able to show everyone just how much he's changed to become the father, mate, friend and confidant that those who know him well now know.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:12 am
Name of Soquili and Link to Image:Raksh
Is Summer Ending? - Here, Raksh is just a wanderer with no real direction in his life. He's not irresponsible by any account, but he just has nothing specific to work towards. This begins to bother him, as he feels he has a responsibility to the gods to make something of his life.
A Golden Afternoon - When Raksh meets Aziraphale, he sees that he is not the only one with a task set before him. Meeting somebody else who also has a duty reinforces his beliefs about the gods and the path they set him on.
[x] - In Raksh's meeting with Thorn, he explores his own emotions about his affair with Ju. This is where he battles with himself to correct what he feels he has done wrong.
When Souls Collide - When Raksh finally meets back up with Ju, he vows to stand by her side for the rest of their lives. He wants to meet his sons and take care of his family, including any more children they may have together in the future.
An Unforeseen Reunion - When Raksh is finally reunited with his sons, he couldn't be any happier. Though he sees some problems with Huojin's reluctance to accept him, things turn out for the best in the end.
Why would your Soquili (IC) choose the Elder path? Now that Raksh has been reunited with his family, he feels the strongest sense of duty that he has ever felt in his life. He feels redeemed in the eyes of the gods, and has vowed to protect his family from any threat that they may ever encounter. He already feels as if he is the spiritual elder in his family, and he would like to take on more leadership roles outside of his family. He wants to help as much as he can, and be the leader that he was meant to be.
Why have you chosen the Elder path for your Soquili OOC? Having set up Raksh's history, I was finding it difficult to find a set path to lead him down. I didn't really know what direction I wanted to take him in, but a breeding that I did on a whim really made me see what I wanted him to do with his life. I really had no direction with him until he had kids. I know that I couldn't have him not be involved, even though it wasn't a planned breeding. And now I feel really happy with this path. He had found his destiny in raising his family and has gained a new sense of duty in that, and gaining an elder status would be a huge reinforcement to him.  

Nori Ishida

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:48 pm
Name of Soquili and Link to Image: Hayagriva
Link to Teepee: Here
What's wrong with my tail? In this RP, Haya wrestles with the fact that other soquili tend to be afraid of him for nothing but his physical (kalona) features.
In the shadow of the moonless night. Here, Haya meets a trueblooded kalona for the first time and learns both what it truly means to be a kalona but what part of that might be in himself as well.
Old friends new fathers. Still somewhat childish, Haya meets his old friend and excitedly talks about what it might mean to be a father for the first time.
An apple for your thoughts. Haya talks with his unexpected mate and the reality of being a father starts to sink in.
You have to be more than this (Incomplete) Haya goes back to find the kalona in the forest, determined to apologize and prove that they both were more than just their blood.
Blood betrayal. At the news of the supposed death of one of his daughters Haya confronts both the one he believes responsible and his feelings of responsibility within himself
Binding ties. (incomplete) Haya comes to term with how his kalona blood might be affecting and hurting his children and discusses their future with his mate.

Right now, Haya is feeling very hurt over what he thinks is the death of one of his daughters. He feels a great responsibility for what happened, both for not teaching her how to manage her kalona blood himself and for not stopping her death. This has driven him away from his carefree childishness of the past and towards more introspection.

Through this introspection he is coming to believe that even though he couldn't help but be "cursed" by kalona blood that he has to deal with the repercussions of that himself. This includes not only his own tempermentality but any of that that might have been passed along to his children. This has given him a great feeling of responsibility and protectiveness. He feels responsibility for his actions and the actions that his kalona blood might prompt in his children. At the same time he both wants to protect himself and his family but also protect the rest of the world from their "tainted blood" as well.

I think that Haya would attempt to step up and take the elder path as a representation of this intention and in attempt to prove that he would no longer be ruled over by his heritage.

Haya was my second soquili and as such always will have an important place in my heart. I first really started roleplaying here when I got him, so he might be my longest RPed soquili that I own. Because of that, I have a keen sense of how his character has grown and changed as a result of him struggling to find himself. After all that struggle I really feel like it is time that he finally was able to fully overcome his heritage and in my mind becoming an elder would represent that. I really feel like this would be the final step in his growing up and that if he did achieve it that he would be a symbol of hope for soquili who are facing similar struggles. He has truly fought all his life to find his true self... and I think that it's time that he did. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:50 pm
Name of Soquili and Link to Image: Hanna
Link to Teepee: Neko's

~Apple's anyone? - the start of her journey of who she is. the meeting of her first friend Abel Nightroad, Who helps her deloped a little more.
~The rolling hills- She starts to see her value in the world and the value of active family, she also mets Rasui and his family.
~ Afternoon Roll-More delope of her personally and her interests in other soquili.
~Fire and Flowers- The first time she met her mate, he helped her to learn to love and give enjoy to others.
~ The lilly in the meadows-Her family backstory on how her brother and her met after many years.
~ Big family- Her values grow with her as she mets her nicle and nehew.
~http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=13596009]The great forest of dreams-Hanna's understanding with her family, and the growth of her personally the leader that she has become- conutining rp! active.
~A mother's love- Hanna showing her love to filly she met, she also tought her stuff and has been a mother figure in young Serentiy's life.
Why would your Soquili (IC) choose the Elder path? Now that Hanna has learned and helped many on her way, she vowed to help anyone that needs it and be a leader where one is needed. She still feels that she needs to grow a little bit more and beening a leader is one way for her to do that.
Why have you chosen the Elder path for your Soquili OOC? Hanna's history is a little different from most, it was been a hard path, her first mate left her and she never seen him again that was one of hardest things for her to get over. Love is the hardest thing she had to earn and accpet and feel that she had earned it. It has been a wild path that she has been on and I only hope that I can keep her on it to grow even more then she has.

nekolulu

Intellectual Kitten

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:03 am
Name of Soquili and Link to Image: Ardia
Link to Teepee: X
XMaking Friends: Ardia finds a filly trapped in mud, helps her free and meets Loki. After freeing the filly she meets Sheridan for the first time. Even from the beginning, Ardia was caring, and helpful, she had to free the distressed filly.
X Ardia gives birth for the first time Ardia was still quite young here, this was her first labour and as such she was pretty scared. She became a mother, and knew even then it was her calling to try and look after all that were in her family
XArdia meets Duncan Ardia tries to reassure a relatively young stallion that the Village is a safe place to be This sadly is an unfinished roleplay, but I think there is enough there to show Ardia as she is, someone willing to listen, to give advice and again to help.
XArdia is midwife for Aishwarya Ardia attends Aishwarya's first birth as she remembers how scared she was during her own. She calms and coaches Aishwarya through the labour, and tries to keep Shikoba, Aish's mate calm as well
XArdia gives her son Takoda relationship advice Ardia grows herself during this roleplay, not only does she give her son advice on how to confess his feelings towards a mare he likes, but she is coming to realise how precious the love she and Sheridan has, and even if they aren't always in each other's shadows, they are in each other's hearts. For her making sure her children are happy is what is important.
XArdia meets Atsila (grandaughter) This is unfinished, but drawing to a close. Through this Ardia realises that there is a great task in front of her, one she is willing to take on. Her large family is out there, and she wants to meet them all, so they can know their origins. She tells Atsila of her plans to meet them all, and that if she needs her, then she'll be there. During this older rp she is still thinking of Sheridan with a little bit of melancholy, but always striving to think of the good times, and speaking of him well to his grand daughter as she knows she will see him soon.
XArdia, Meena & Seamus - Matchmaking A still in progress roleplay, though Ardia's part is coming to a close. She is back home during the winter months, waiting for the weather to change before she seeks out the members of her line again. During this time she is determined to help her long single, and oldest daughter find love as she can't bear to see her unhappy. She knows it is slightly meddling, but she also knows that Meena always wanted love after hearing the stories of how her parents met. Ardia is now comfortable in her age, and now wants only to be a valued figure in her descendant's lives.
Ardia knows that she has a large family - she hasn't quite digested exactly how large, but she is determined that she will meet everyone related to her, and tell them of their beginnings, where they came from and the love that started it all.

Ardia would want to be an Elder, in fact becoming one during this large task of hers would be perfect in her mind. She would want every family member she meets to know that in times of need, or even if they just want someone to talk to, they have a place and a Soquili to go to. She will try not to judge, will give advice if it's wanted, and will always be on hand to gently tease as only a grandmother..or great great grandmother can do.

Ardia simply would not want anyone to feel lost in their life.
Ardia is my oldest regular mare, and as such has always been a very special mare for me. She and Sheridan are the well from which one of the largest almost all regular Soquili family trees has sprung (there's now 1 wind in the whole family! XD), and I always had it in my mind that I would like her to become a Matriarch for her family, someone they can seek out for information.
I would also love her to join Sheridan, as he has been an Elder for a long time, and I think it only natural she should be as well.

In my mind Ardia has everything to be a good Elder..she is kind, sweet & motherly. Yes she has her faults, as everyone does but she's grown through them. Taking care of her family & friends is all that matters to her.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:59 am
Name of Soquili and Link to Image: Nagual-An .o.
Link to Teepee: .o.
RP Development
+ .o. | .o. + Nagual was always a carefree and fun-loving creature. However she was naïve and trustful of everyone she met. Even as a mare she did not believe in things as protection, sadness, and worry, as these were things that simply did not exist in her definition of the world.
+ .o. + Never knowing she had a bond, Nagual learned of the soul relationship with the human Sanika. At first, she was scared and distrustful, something that did not make sense. However, the pull was too strong, and Nagual learned to trust, love, and learn, from the human. To this day their bond is strong, the two seem to almost pick up on each other's thoughts.
+ .o. + (First Skinwalker Event) This was Nagual's first real difficult experience. While with Yei, the two mares came across a recently attacked village. Not quite knowing what happened, they both took it upon themselves to help the humans and soquili there at their own peril (literally).
+ .o. | .o. + In her naivety, Nagual allowed the stallion Ramoth to trick her into a pregnancy. In this RP she met up with Ashling while her adopted-daughter Viola and familiar Kislin assist her. She was absolutely miserable during her pregnancy and learned a hard lesson that forced her to grow up afterward – as her son Tlocatl tormented her and threatened those she cares for. His actions lead her to taking further control and defending others to protect them from harm.
Leadership and Responsibility
+ .o. | .o. + Despite everything Tlocatl had done to her and how poorly he treated her, Nagual always looked past such things and accepted him for what he was - a kalona. He was her son, and she loved him regardless. When he returned after a Skinwalker attack all broken and ruined she refused to leave his side – even when he bit and harmed her.
+ .o. + Nagual made a decision to do whatever she could to make sure her grandsons grow up to respectable and gentlemen adults, even if they are kalona. Needless to say, despite the lessons and attempts she made – they truly were the spawn of a kalona and cursed mare. Nagual loved them regardless and will continue to be there for them if they ever need her (which is likely given their mother).
+ .o. + After finding an abandoned basket, Nagual took it as her responsibility to take care of the unborn soquili. She returned to her home, only to have the father come and claim that the basket was his and the abandonment meant nothing. Nagual told him how selfish he was being and upon the arrival of the newborn filly convinced the father to stick around and help raise the filly as he should as a parent.

Why would your Soquili (IC) choose the Elder path? From the beginning, Nagual was a carefree filly. Her life was full of adventure and the joys of living. It was through experiences (both good and bad) that she learned the nature of the world. At times, she regretted the loss of her innocence while at the same time was relieved that by her life experiences she could help others and keep their joys and happiness alive. Nagual cares for those around her. She revels in the joy of life and happiness, even though she more than recognizes that the world is not created with such guarantees. Given the events she has endured she's aware that life experiences are both pleasant and traumatic. For that reason she wants to be an Elder so that the young can look up to her as an example and seek to gain the same strength she has. If she's sought out for advice, she'll give it without forcing her own beliefs on them. She's more like the midwife as opposed to the doting mother to those that seek her out – a bank of knowledge and care that is tolerant and nonjudgmental.
Why have you chosen the Elder path for your Soquili OOC? To be perfectly honest, I fought it tooth and nail. Nagual was my first soquili and I RPed her to reflect the full joy I had on getting my first soquili. I wanted her to always be free and naïve, but perhaps it was my own error to intend such things. As Nagual got out more and was involved with RPs I could not in good conscious keep her where she was at – she truly developed and matured before my very eyes and I could not stop it. It was in perhaps the last year or so that I realized that Nagual was shaping up to be following the Elder's path. She was 'motherly' in terms of being like the village's midwife to those who were not her biological children, taught others the meaning of kindness and joy, and remained true to her true nature – celebrating the life of creatures big and small. She chose the path in this case, and not the other way around.  

EchoLimaFoxtrot

Valdmir Talamore

Savage Shapeshifter

10,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:50 am
Name of Soquili and Link to Image:Kanati
Cert
A self rp sort of a back log of his past, a fan fic, and an unfinished part of the self rp
Older rps:
((Unfortunately a lot of them are incomplete from me loosing my internet for a long time))
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=3231565&page=1
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=5484531&page=1
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=7275609
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=6516145
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=11404487&page=1
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=12714987&page=1
He also participated a lot in both the Pale Two Leg event and the Skinwalker event, but I can't seem to find the links to the rp threads.

Why would your Soquili (IC) choose the Elder path? From the beginning Kanati was trained to know and pay homage to the spirit and gods of this world. Through his life experiences he learned that just as important as the spirits and family are, was any life form of this earth. He gained a respect for everyone's ways and would passionately teach those that were willing, everything that he knew. The reason he had chosen the Elder path, is to help keep tradition alive, to promote peace among the breeds and humans, to help all that he can with any problem great or small, and to pass down Knowledge of nature, gods, and spirits as his parents and the elder soquili of the Kawani village once did for him.

Why have you chosen the Elder path for your Soquili OOC? I feel like his life has been full and that this path makes since for his character. Even before elder position was even known to be available I've rped Kanati as an older soquili that many times takes the role of spiritual leader. His willingness to care for others as well as his family. As well as his passion for teaching and knack for spiritual leadership just compelled me to want to take him down the path of Eldership.

((I just had to add this picture))
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:47 pm
Name of Soquili and Link to Image: Lovey Dovey
Link to Teepee: X
x <-- This first link is the second page of my teepee.. it's Lovey's very first realization that she was going to have to grow up. The finding of her first daughter, Ignacia, as nothing more than a flickering flaming basket. It continues until about 1/2 down page three.
Lovey's First RP
x
x
x
x
x
x
<-- Got cut short but probably one of my favorites :3
x <-- Lovey giving birth.
At the first, Lovey was a vain little prima-donna. A true hair-crazed MLP. She could never remember much of her past, but just that hair care and beauty were the secret to life. From there she began on a rather daunting journey, meeting people and learning about how the "normal" lived their lives. Finding out that hair care did not require 8 hours of fussing and absolutely no movement. She struggled to understand the way of life here and finally began to put the missing pieces together when she met foals for the first time. They were so pure and innocent, completely without any sense of artifice or other ugly attributes that she was beginning to see in herself. Lovey learned to play in mud and to act like a kid again. In going back and doing what she should have done in her past she became free to go forward in life. That was a mistake for Lovey though, she became a bit complacent and then things got flipped topsy-turvey. She found a flicking flaming basket with no family and it had certainly be left to die, she met strange folks, formed bonds, broke some, and learned to take it all in stride. Since then she's given birth to three beautiful foals, and has an extended family and an even more extended herd to care for. Lovey's currently feeling worn down like a wooden peg that's filed away at for years and she's actually thinking of wandering away from her herd life right now to go back to playing in muddy water with foals that come her way. She wants to lead a simple, peaceful, and overly Lovey Dovey life. (sorry, had to do it >.<)
Why have you chosen the Elder path for your Soquili OOC? It just fits her in my book. She loves kids, came from being incredibly vapid and self-centered to being what holds her family up and the breathe of life that keeps them moving. Even if she does not ever get the "elder" status she is the ring-leader/elder/big poo-bah of her herd. They treat her with the correct deference and in return she fusses at the males for being too messy with their appearance and coddles her girls a bit too much. But they're a tight-knit loving group because of her. So yeah >.< I adore Lovey, her personality, with the flaws and I think that's what makes her elder-worthy. Fankz :3  

`Swirly

Hygienic Sex Symbol

Soquili

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:08 pm
Ohhhh what is wrong with me, I thought for sure I set the closing time for 8 O_< ((sorry guys, my goof))

ANYHOW.

Thread is currently closed for applications! Come back uh... probably closer to Friday, to find the results! *goes to hunt down other judges* P: <3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:00 pm
After much deliberation, we have come to our decision.

The following have been accepted into Elderhood:

Balrog, roleplayed by Sabin Duvert
[shall be colored by Merangue]

Bella, roleplayed by Uta
[shall be colored by Natsube]

Draven, roleplayed by Skye Starrfyre
[shall be colored by Endejester]

Eloran, roleplayed by Talencia
[shall be colored by Lilwolfpard]

Helaku, roleplayed by Excited Apathy
[shall be colored by Lilwolfpard]

Nagual-An, roleplayed by EchoLimaFoxtrot
[shall be colored by King Inversitle]

Stormwild, roleplayed by Kamiki
[shall be colored by Sirenz]

If any of you would like a tattoo added to your Soquili, please PM your colorist within 24 hours to let them know which tattoo is to be added on to your Elder. If you prefer no tattoo, then please disregard this note.

To the rest who participated, we want to thank you all for applying, and please please do not be discouraged. Many of you are on the right path to having your Soquili meeting the Elder criteria, and a couple of you are extremely close to achieving the status. A few things we noticed that entries lacked were:

- roleplay outside of family. While development is key and a Soquili's family is a wonderful way to achieve that development, an Elder is a role model and leader in the community, not just in the family. Have your Soq get out more and RP with others! Have your Soq give advice, or be put in a situation where they perform a role an Elder would do. Would they give advice, assist a creature in need, take charge in a dire situation?

- develop the role of a leader. Many of the entries did wonderfully in showing the development of the Soquili's character, from the start up until the current point in time. Part of that development, however, to prove worthy of Eldership, needs to show your Soquili as a capable leader figure. This can be developed through further roleplay where your Soquili takes charge, or finds him/herself in situations where a leader is needed.

This is not a competition, so we do not want any of you to walk away feeling as though you've "lost" in this application process, if your Soquili was not approved for Eldership this round. Just as in this opening, we have every intention of keeping the applications from being limited, so that all who are qualified for the honor will receive it, and none will be turned away due to slot limitations. Consider this as an opportunity to have your Soquili progress to the next stage of their life, where they are judged against themselves and not against other contenders. With effort and hard work, most Soquili who possess the desire and ability to be a leader in the community are capable of achieving the status of Elder.

We will open another round for applications in the next few months, and we hope to see you try again in the upcoming opening. <3

Soquili

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:37 am
O M F G eek

*runs around the house squeeing in glee*

Elders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]