Submit

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:27 pm
The books failed horribly with respects to horror, mythology, romance, plotline, and grammar. The movie was so horrible that I actually enjoyed watching it fail.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:52 pm
i must say i dont like it at all but oddly i do love Vampire Kisses whitch has the same plot line basically but i dont know i cant stop reading them no matter how badly they are written and how steriotypical raven is and that the author mistakes goth for metal head but hey im probably just nit picking  

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:21 pm
Personally I read all four books, and truly did not care for them at all. They seemed to get worse(and longer, for that matter) as they went along. The fact that the plot revolves around a weak-minded hopeless romantic schoolgirl with absolutely no personality whatsoever obsessing over a sparkly telepathic abusive bipolar vampire didn't really help much. Its only semi-redeeming quality is the character of Laurent. And even then, he gets killed off. Christ, even Stephen King says Meyer sucks.

The movie... Well, let's see: Two hours of absolutely nothing happening, a game of Marvel-esque superpowered baseball, a disappointing fight scene with a supposedly amazing vampire that simply gets his head snapped and burnt by Alice and the other Cullens and Bella somehow breaks her leg(might've had to do with Cullen dropping her on a wooden spike like 20 feet away after being hit by James, what a douche), then the usual teen movie ending where they're at some high school dance and they anounce their(le gasp!) everlasting love for each other. All in a two-month or so period. My Gods, those were hours I could've spent drunk, passed out on my front lawn.

Personally, I'm not surprised at the fangirl craze, as teenagers these days wouldn't know good writing if it bitchslapped them across the face.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:21 pm
Infection XIII
Personally I read all four books, and truly did not care for them at all. They seemed to get worse(and longer, for that matter) as they went along. The fact that the plot revolves around a weak-minded hopeless romantic schoolgirl with absolutely no personality whatsoever obsessing over a sparkly telepathic abusive bipolar vampire didn't really help much. Its only semi-redeeming quality is the character of Laurent. And even then, he gets killed off. Christ, even Stephen King says Meyer sucks.

The movie... Well, let's see: Two hours of absolutely nothing happening, a game of Marvel-esque superpowered baseball, a disappointing fight scene with a supposedly amazing vampire that simply gets his head snapped and burnt by Alice and the other Cullens and Bella somehow breaks her leg(might've had to do with Cullen dropping her on a wooden spike like 20 feet away after being hit by James, what a douche), then the usual teen movie ending where they're at some high school dance and they anounce their(le gasp!) everlasting love for each other. All in a two-month or so period. My Gods, those were hours I could've spent drunk, passed out on my front lawn.

Personally, I'm not surprised at the fangirl craze, as teenagers these days wouldn't know good writing if it bitchslapped them across the face.

I apologize for my age group.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:23 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
Infection XIII

I apologize for my gender.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:19 pm
XWraith_LordX
-Resurrected Writer-
Infection XIII

I apologize for my gender.

Thou art forgiven.  

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

L Kook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:33 pm
I just hope this stupid fad for twilight ends real soon.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:08 pm
L Kook
I just hope this stupid fad for twilight ends real soon.
You speak for many of us....  

Henneth Annun
Captain

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:29 am
I think you guys may find this amusing.

http://twilightsucks.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=fangirls&action=display&thread=5175  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:26 pm
I'm partially afraid to dress in my normal attire, I tend to have a 'vampirish fashion' (according to some people, usually stupid people) and I'd hate to be grouped into this fad.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

AbsintheGorgon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:35 pm
Digital Malevolence
I'm partially afraid to dress in my normal attire, I tend to have a 'vampirish fashion' (according to some people, usually stupid people) and I'd hate to be grouped into this fad.

If you act as though you have more then 10 brain cells you won't.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:43 pm
AbsintheGorgon
Digital Malevolence

If you act as though you have more then 10 brain cells you won't.
You are probably right, but still.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Midnight_Prince27

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:09 pm
A beautiful romance story, but I would'nt say it's dark. I enjoy the movie, so long as I semiforget there vampires. but yeah, not a dark romance. I mean, where's the blood feasting? The hey, i'm sorry I ate your dad. lol.
It's an interesting take on vampires but come on, dark? They twinkle! Faerie twinkle...lol.
I hate the hype tho. thousands of stupid teen's who shallowly just like it because "edwards hot".
I don't plan on reading teh books, I"m more into ann rice and darker rendition's of blood, lust and love.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:25 pm
Vampires are NOT supposed to sparkle!!! I re-read the part where Edward walks into the sunlight and he doesn't litterally sparkle!!!  

Angelica_Eve_Nguyen

Angelic Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Herself Online

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:48 am
The books appeal to all my girlishness. Is the writing great? No. Do Bella and Edward grate my nerves? Sometimes. Will I read all the books? Yes. Twilight and the others are like V.C. Andrews books for me; despite the repetitive dialogue, cheesiness, and the somewhat lack of writing skills (better than mine anyways), it is still addicting and I keep on reading them.  
Multimedia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff