Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
different tarot decks Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:38 am
iChibi-Panda
I have mini playing cards but not mini tarot D=

Have you ever thought about learning to read playing cards for divination?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:42 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
iChibi-Panda

I have a bunch of friends who know how to do that.
Its kinda like tarot, I suppose, with the four suites and all..

Is there any resource you can direct me to for this? My interest, it has been piqued.  

Ellisari

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:49 am
iChibi-Panda
Violet Song jat Shariff
iChibi-Panda

Is there any resource you can direct me to for this? My interest, it has been piqued.

Yea I guess the four suits of the cards are supposed to pair up with the suits of the Minor Arcana.

And unfortunately no I can not recommend a good resource for this sad Sorry.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:00 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
iChibi-Panda
Violet Song jat Shariff
iChibi-Panda

Yea I guess the four suits of the cards are supposed to pair up with the suits of the Minor Arcana.

Imma just use them like I do with tarot, with the minor arcana; it'd work just about the same. =]

Thanks anyways.  

Ellisari

-Eluveitie Eventide-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:16 pm
It doesn't matter the look of the cards. The only importance is that the reader can connect with them and read them correctly. However, me personally, I wouldn't be able to concentrate on a Hello Kitty Priestess card as well as I could a Morgan le Fey Priestess Card, but that's just me. lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:26 am
I have several decks of tarot cards but the one that sends off the strongest vib to me is my goddess deck. when i do a reading off of them it seems that it always is within where i am at at the moment.

I enjoy doing a reading on myself at least 3 times a month even though it is mostly for fun

lady silver45

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

StarGoddessSiren

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:47 pm
When I first began tarot readings I used playing cards. They are actually my prefered cards to use. A good book to read on it is: Fortune Telling with Playing Cards by Sophia  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:02 am
Reine Lunaire
Violet Song jat Shariff
iChibi-Panda
Violet Song jat Shariff
iChibi-Panda

Imma just use them like I do with tarot, with the minor arcana; it'd work just about the same. =]

Thanks anyways.

I have a good source that helped me, if you're willing to take it. wink

http://www.alcyone.com/arcana/oracle.html

There's one more, but I can't find it at the moment.

Namikikyo

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 pm
That's really funny how Hello Kitty has a tarot deck lol. I'd definitely like to see that. But yeah, I don't think any deck is more powerful then the other its just the person who uses them. I don't think I'd be able to concentrate much on that particular deck. I personally like the more formal ones. The more detailed the better I think.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:58 pm
quick question. whats the difference bettween tarot cards and orical cards. (sorry for any miss spells. im really tired.)  

12lovelikewinter21

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:28 pm
Tarot tends to follow a more set structure; the Major Arcana and usually the Minor Arcana will incorporate the same sort of themes in them for meaning. Oracle cards follow no set structure or interpretation system; you may find an Oracle deck with 10 cards that uses faerie imagery and then turn around and find a 50-card Oracle deck that uses plants and stones for imagery and meaning.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:55 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Tarot tends to follow a more set structure; the Major Arcana and usually the Minor Arcana will incorporate the same sort of themes in them for meaning. Oracle cards follow no set structure or interpretation system; you may find an Oracle deck with 10 cards that uses faerie imagery and then turn around and find a 50-card Oracle deck that uses plants and stones for imagery and meaning.

but really they are the same just one has a set meaning and one does not? they can be use for the same things right?  

12lovelikewinter21

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:01 pm
Oracle cards are usually less... developed. They're more likely to have a one-word meaning, for example. But sure, depending on the spread, you can use them for the same things. You'll find that different decks work better for different spreads, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:07 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Oracle cards are usually less... developed. They're more likely to have a one-word meaning, for example. But sure, depending on the spread, you can use them for the same things. You'll find that different decks work better for different spreads, though.

i have a "fairy oracle deck" and it also comes with a book that gives the basics on readings and also has very long in dept meaning of each of the i think 65 cards. its has a list of meaning for the cards reversed too. but i also has a short list of one words for each card. like "the oak man" would have a list like wisdom, old age, time. that kind of thing.  

12lovelikewinter21

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:51 am
12lovelikewinter21
Sanguina Cruenta

i have a "fairy oracle deck" and it also comes with a book that gives the basics on readings and also has very long in dept meaning of each of the i think 65 cards. its has a list of meaning for the cards reversed too. but i also has a short list of one words for each card. like "the oak man" would have a list like wisdom, old age, time. that kind of thing.

My friend has the same deck. Oracle cards are really interesting. To me they give the big basic picture as a whole. Whereas the Tarot has specific meanings.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games