Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harharhar...
  u iz stoopid
View Results

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:54 am
Prince Seiko
LOL Spanish is is quite gendered that many language most romance languages are for us "el agua" its a male noun and which in literal translation is "he water" but in actual translation is "the water" quite confusing aint it biggrin rofl

El, la, los, las. :/
I can't believe there are different words and verb endings just for different genders, and the amount of people.
What I want to know is, what would it be for transgendered people. Aren't they technically male and female? eek  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:27 am
for that you'd probably use 'it', right?

gah the only thing I can remember from my spanish lessons were the sodding verb endings because they were hammere din our brains so much!

o
as
a
amos
ais
an  

dragontamer363
Crew

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:19 pm
no they are "el" or "ella" depending on how they look or how they want to be call  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:05 pm
VampressLeona
Yes languages change but American english just seems to degrade itself. We butcher the proper pronunciation of our own language, we butcher grammar and most of the public allows it. Take music for example, rap and some r&b totally annihilate the proper use of words, tense and enunciation. Slang words dont become "slang" anymore they become the language itself, so much to the point that people attempting to learn English cant keep up because they dont teach "idiot speech" to the students in other countries, they teach Proper English. In short, Americans grow more lax as years pass and it just sounds like the majority of us are incredibly uneducated. (note these comments are more towards the "no need to bash american english"...its not that we change its that we dont do it for the better.)

And yes context has everything to do with deciphering the use of many of the words I chose, I was just commenting on the fact that I find it odd.

Then did Mexico degrade the spanish language?
There is a lot of slang in Mexican spanish and it is different from Castillian spanish, the spanish spoken in Spain, like how American english is different from Brisith english.

You learn proper Mexican spanish in school but when you actually talk to someone who grew up in Mexico then they will use slang that you don't know.
They don't always use proper grammer when you talk to someone who grew up in Mexico, slang in Mexico has also become part of the language, but we don't learn any of that. We learn the proper way of grammer, we learn the proper words.

Does that mean Mexico has changed spanish in a bad way?

As I said earlier, we aren't the only ones changing languages.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:29 pm
I know mexican's slightly different in pronunciation and all that even without the slang. you get that in anything where a child lanauage grow outside the mother lanaguge into adulthood. Like you say -
it's just like English vs American English.
I wouldn't call it a degredation, just different.
You'll never really learn the slang of any language until you go out tehre and live with people, because slang is so culture-specific and influenced by histories, social perceptions yadda yadda yadda  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:00 pm
That's exactly what I was trying to say.

I brought up Mexico in the first place since Leona was implying America was the only one altering their language.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:41 pm
LOL! if we go there in every place that speak Spanish not everything means the same some words here dont mean the same in Mexico or Chile or many other Spanish speaking country like for example cake here in Puerto Rico i said "Bizcocho" but that in Mexico is a really nasty word and they call Cake "Paste"l which here in PR "Pastel" is tradition food for us and doesn't have to do with cake Spanish is not as easy as you think but I agreed with Zizzy most languages differ to the region where they are even DT have state that in some old topic the English differs from place to place in England  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:07 am
I accidently said "I love balls" in my Spanish class. =(

Balls and Eggs are VERY similar. It literally comes down to if you pronounce the 'h' sound. The rest of the word is the same.

There are alot of words in Spanish that are similar to English, but Spanish is closer to Italian than anything else. They both derive from the same thing.

Vampress: Every language does that after a while. Spanish has done it considerably. Most hispanics that take Spanish class fail, because the slang is so common now, proper Spanish is almost unheard by teenagers. Same goes with English like you said. Certain groups really do butcher the English language to the point where it isn't even English at all.

Flyentologist

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:41 pm
iGoldman

Balls and Eggs are VERY similar. It literally comes down to if you pronounce the 'h' sound. The rest of the word is the same.

Woah. That must've been hilarious yet embarrassing. What's balls and eggs in spanish? Lol.

I heard my teacher say punta (sp?) in class and everyone was like, "Isn't that b***h in Spanish?"
She said if you use it in a certain way, it can be b***h or something completely different.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:02 pm
Death Shikaku
iGoldman

Woah. That must've been hilarious yet embarrassing. What's balls and eggs in spanish? Lol.

I heard my teacher say punta (sp?) in class and everyone was like, "Isn't that b***h in Spanish?"
She said if you use it in a certain way, it can be b***h or something completely different.
Balls = Juevos
Eggs = Huevos

And I thought b***h was "puta". Hmm. Oh well, either way, that's totally understandable. In English, 'hoe' could either be a trashy female or a gardening tool, 'b***h' could either be a swear or a female dog, 'a**' is either a swear or a donkey, 'c***k' is either a rude name for a chinese person or a crevice.

Flyentologist

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:21 pm
iGoldman
Death Shikaku
iGoldman

Balls = Juevos
Eggs = Huevos

And I thought b***h was "puta". Hmm. Oh well, either way, that's totally understandable. In English, 'hoe' could either be a trashy female or a gardening tool, 'b***h' could either be a swear or a female dog, 'a**' is either a swear or a donkey, 'c***k' is either a rude name for a chinese person or a crevice.

Puta, punta, about the same, right? I must've spelled it wrong, and been saying it wrong for the last... er... four years or so?
Jueves and hueves? Wow. Too similar... aren't j's supposed to sound like h's in Spanish, though? So what's the difference, really?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:24 pm
Death Shikaku
iGoldman
Death Shikaku
iGoldman

Balls = Juevos
Eggs = Huevos

Puta, punta, about the same, right? I must've spelled it wrong, and been saying it wrong for the last... er... four years or so?
Jueves and hueves? Wow. Too similar... aren't j's supposed to sound like h's in Spanish, though? So what's the difference, really?
Yeah, 'j' sounds like an 'h' in Spanish, and if there's an 'h', it's silent. So to say "balls", you pronounce the 'h' sound at the start of the word. Which I did, because I saw an 'h', and forgot it was supposed to be silent. =(

Flyentologist

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Well, no worries, it's just a small mistake... kind of.

What if you told someone to suck on eggs (or whatever the saying is, lol) and you pronounced eggs in Spanish wrong. O.o
Those two words are way too close sounding. :p  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:44 pm
iGoldman

Oh Lawdy. rofl
Sorry Goldman but that cracked me up.

It reminded me of the time someone in my class had to read a sentence outloud. I don't even remember the sentence anymore but after they read it the people who already knew spanish in the class were giggling and the teacher turned bright red.

They had mispronounced one of the words in the sentence and said the spanish word for p***s instead.
It'd probably be funnier if I remembered the sentence but I don't anymore. That memory just makes me giggle still.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:38 pm
blaugh rofl lol ok everything here is sooooooooooo funny first balls in Spanish is "bolas" o "pelotas" not juevos which is not Spanish word and second "punta" is the same as point like referring to the point of a pencil or something sharp not whore and BTW isnt it c**k use to refer to a rooster too?

PS: is funny how this topic from a simple word like Bologna turn in to a language topic  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff