Submit

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:25 pm
Oh wow.
You guys really are huge geeks.
lol. I jest.

I'm not really an anime geek.
The only comic books I used to read were the maxx.
Plus I love that cartoon series they did.
I want to track that down.

I watch more geekiness than I read I suppose.
I like aeon flux, cowboy bebop, and samurai jack a lot.
But it's more for the scenery and stuff in aeon and jack.
I like the stories of cowboy bebop.

I was a poetry geek in high school.
I maintained an opendiary that had a couple followers.
But then I made friends and couldn't write anymore.
Seriously. Can't write anymore.
I used to be good.

Oh and obviously I like to dress up little pixel dolls.

@calisto- love the saber. It's seriously huge.
My bf's nephew has a couple little light sabres.
I always act out the losing the hand bit, cause that's all I can remember.
He loves it.

@karma- there is nothing geeky about supporting the arts. :p

@salmay- oOo. Home shows sound like fun. I would love to go to one of those and look at cool furniture and fixtures. Sometimes I draw floorplans than go "shopping" for all the fixings. I have a bin of tear outs of couches and tiles and beds and kitchens and such. It's such fun.

Sometimes my boyfriend starts going into the xmen stuff. It's my fault though, because it's usually me asking a question when we are watching the movie. Katamari Damacy is the s**t! I want them to put out a game on the wii and go really crazy with it.

@sox- You actually play all those consoles? My dad has our collection of consoles. We still have a NES. I was playing Qbert over christmas and this other game, Klax? I think that's what it was. It glitched and I had to blow in the cartridge. How old school.

@ieho- I know nothing of MMO's. I refuse to go check them out either. When I have, they seem awefully confusing for my flight of fancy.

@meooma (lol my fingers where on the wrong keys but it looks kinda cool so I'm leaving it) aka neiina- I used to draw all over EVERYTHING in school. In 6th grade, during french class, I decided to color the bottom of my flat shoe all black with a normal pen. You could've followed me that day pretty easily. Not my smartest move.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:32 pm
I play most of me consoles still, the only ones I don't are the ones like the ps1 as I have a ps2 which I use instead
I wish I had a nes I don't really have anything older than my gameboy and I think that things older than I am ^_^  

Parasox v2

Salmay
Captain
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:45 pm
Geothermal Furnaces/Water heaters are The THING this year. Water barrels were big last year and are okay this year.

I signed up to win several tvs, a wii, three water barrels, a grill, and getting my air ducts cleaned out.

Very tired but it was fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:46 pm
Parasox v2
I play most of me consoles still, the only ones I don't are the ones like the ps1 as I have a ps2 which I use instead
I wish I had a nes I don't really have anything older than my gameboy and I think that things older than I am ^_^

I just bought a used ps2. I have two games but nobody said I needed those memory chips so I have to go back tomorrow and get some.  

Salmay
Captain

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:56 pm
Oh yeah. I heard those european style "in the bathroom" type water heaters are all the rave. Much more economical as well.
My dad was talking about going geothermal as well.

What do you mean by water barrel?

@sox- I just recently retired my ps2 to my father's basement. Lol. There's just not enough room in my tiny apartment for two consoles. The Wii won of course. I think the first thing my boyfriend is going to do when he gets a steady job is buy a xbox360 or ps3. I probably would chip in for the ps3, but they aren't going down in price anytime soon.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:00 pm
lilartichoke
Oh yeah. I heard those european style "in the bathroom" type water heaters are all the rave. Much more economical as well.
My dad was talking about going geothermal as well.

What do you mean by water barrel?

Instead of having the water from your gutters just run into the ground, you put a water barrel at the end. Then you use the water to water your garden and stuff. Most water barrels have two spigots, one so you can fill a watering can and one you can attach a hose to. Very good for the environment.  

Salmay
Captain

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:01 pm
Oh. Very nice.
I want one of those roof gardens.
Like the moss ones that filter water and keep your house cool. I think that's how it works.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:57 pm
Those roof gardens sound cool.  

Salmay
Captain

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:46 am
Man I guess Im lucky as Ive got a large apartmant it means, I can stuff it full of geek stuff. Under our huge TV(it was a must) we have a wii, PS2, a 5 disc dvd player and a single disc dvd player thats unregion (means I can play english dvds in it. Wooo doctor who) Next I want to buy a PS3.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:09 pm
(using the mule 'cause I'm at work)

My nerd cred!

I own more comic books then I know what to do with. Seriously, like 90% of my reading material is manga. I also watch my fair share of anime too. I just finished the first season of Ouran High School host club.

I also own a dreamcast, PS2, DS and Wii. I plan on updating to a DSi very shortly. A PS3 will have to wait because of my other hobby...

...Giant resin dolls from Asia! Yeah...see them dolls in Sometimesalways" sig? That is my new obsession. I currently own 15 of them which range in size from 24inches to 4 inches. Even nerdier I take my dolls to doll meets and hang around with other crazy doll people.

Along with my dolls I also collect anime and manga dolls and figures. Everything from Final Fantasy X figures to talking Sailor Moon dolls. Ebay is my best friend for that.

Oh and I am the biggest Modest Mouse fan ever. Dunno if that counts as nerdy but damn if I don't go all fan girl when I hear their music. I have seen them 3 times in concert. Love love love them!  

Colorblind Monkey

Parasox v2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:58 pm
I've got more to add blaugh
I keep thinking of things to add to my list
So here goes

I've played chess for my county
I read the last Harry Potter book in 6 hours
I have in the past dressed up as Two Flower and Fred Weasley for World Book Day
I made my own bow, sword and shield
I have a set of d20
I know most of the crimps from the Mighty Boosh by heart. (I'll be suprised if many people know what that is)
I have loads of gaming t shirts (plus a Gaia shirt but thats not geeky XD)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:19 pm
I have Unshelved t-shirts.

I like History Channel.

I just got my own ps2 and MUST ROLL THINGS UP!!!!! (na naaaaaa na na na na na na na na na na na na naaaaaaaa)  

Salmay
Captain

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:24 pm
@Arti: I love my avi art, but even I have to admit Caramelldansen is pretty geeky xd The MAXX TV series is out of print, but you can probably still get it on eBay or Amazon. I want to track down the comics now... that series was awesome X3

@Sometimes: Yeah, but those dolls are probably going to be worth something 50 years down the road.

@Sox: I have a Gaia t-shirt too. The Aekea one from the Rejected Oympics. xd

@Salmay: I'm hooked on Discovery Health gonk Plastic surgery is really entertaining to me for some reason. It's totally brutal to watch eek  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:41 am
Dressing up as Two Flower is the coolest thing you could ever do. I always want to dresss up as susan.  

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Parasox v2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:11 am
Susan is awesome. Somehow I don't think I could pull it off as well as you could though XD
If I ever get the chance to dress up again I'm gonna be Rincewind or Vimes ^_^  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff