Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
EarthBound/Mother Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EarthBound/Mother for VC and DS?
  Hell yeah!That'd be awesome!
  No way!EarthBound sucks!
View Results

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:24 am
nitnit
I'm honestly surprised that Nintendo hasn't made a remake, or even an earthbound compilation for the Nintendo DS. With the huge success of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, American audiences have been exposed to some new faces - primarily Lucas and ROB. Maybe it's time Nintendo capitalized on that?

Exactly!People who play Brawl have probably played the games where the characters came from(well....most of them,anyway),but not Mother 3(and probably EarthBound and Mother).I wonder if they'll change the names to EarthBound 0 and EarthBound 2 if they decide to release those 2 games here in the US?At least that way,people will be less confused(at least,I THINK people will be less confused) about what happened after what,y'know?Nintendo needs to release the the Mother games here,but as a trilogy for the DS(hopefully((because the 3 game will be in one DS cartridge)),the music won't turn out like **** like it did in Mother 1+2 for the GBA xp )  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:34 pm
You could call it "earthbound trilogy" or something. Usually nintendo is pretty good at making money, not really sure why this hasn't happened yet.

Also, like I said, they ought to utilize ROB as a character now, either for a new game series, or make him a cast member in the mario party/sports games.  

nitnit
Captain

DragonKazooie89

Invisible Explorer

22,575 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:52 am
Heck yes! *is a Starman*

The only problem with that is legal issues with the music.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:21 am
DragonKazooie89
Heck yes! *is a Starman*

The only problem with that is legal issues with the music.

But see,here's what I find funny:Nintendo of America legal said that EarthBound couldn't be rereleased on the Wii's Virtual Console,but they didn't say that it couldn't be rereleased on the DS,which is why an EarthBound trilogy for the DS is such a great idea.  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:12 pm
And here's what I don't get:EarthBound was given a rating of E for Everyone for the Wii by the ESRB,right?But apparently,some people are saying that the ESRB made a mistake by rating it for the Wii instead of the SNES.Well,here's this thing:There's a rating for BOTH!Why?Was it an error courtesy of the ESRB?We may never know....  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:33 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKpaKlatg5M&feature=related
this video shows how much the EarthBound/Mother series is praised in Japan,and IMO,THAT's the kind of praise that the EB/Mother series deserves here in the US,but luckily,the SSB series and Starmen.net raised EarthBound's popularity and now there are a lot of us out there that want EarthBound to be rereleased here in the US on the VC(some of us also want it to be rereleased on the DS)
Damn you,Nintendo of America,for not bringing the Mother series to our shores!  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ten of Hearts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:39 am
Michael RD
Mirri the Sneak
WALL OF TEXT

Honestly, I found Earthbound Zero and Earthbound repetitive and boring; they were fun to watch, but I honestly couldn't stomach playing either for very long.

Mother 3, however, was very good, well paced, and had only one part that made me want to gouge my eyes out.

And speaking of Mother 3,if anyone wants to play Mother 3 in English,I can tell you where to find the ROM and English Patch cool

I would be interested.

And since I own a copy of the japanese Mother 3 it's prefectly legal. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:13 pm
Ten of Hearts
Michael RD
Mirri the Sneak
WALL OF TEXT

Honestly, I found Earthbound Zero and Earthbound repetitive and boring; they were fun to watch, but I honestly couldn't stomach playing either for very long.

Mother 3, however, was very good, well paced, and had only one part that made me want to gouge my eyes out.

And speaking of Mother 3,if anyone wants to play Mother 3 in English,I can tell you where to find the ROM and English Patch cool

I would be interested.

And since I own a copy of the japanese Mother 3 it's prefectly legal. ^_^

sorry,I can only tell you where to find the English Patch.I can't tell you where to find the ROM. sweatdrop  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:14 pm
You know, I've never played any of the series. What's it like?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:43 pm
dracokagebuyo

It's very fun and addicting cool  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:09 pm
i always wondered why Nintendo didnt bring this series back? i mean thats what they are known for... who was the development team behind the series anyways?  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:08 pm
Michael RD
dracokagebuyo

It's very fun and addicting cool
Also, the storyline's interestingly unique and emotional. There are some plot points in the games (most specifically Mother 3 and Mother) that touch your heart to the point where you might even cry as the images of the scene along with the music are etched into your memory banks.  

Volkenheim

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:02 am
Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff