Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
Guilty Pleasure D: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you expressed your furry side to EVERYONE you know?
No
46%
 46%  [ 21 ]
Of course
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
Some people but not relatives
31%
 31%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 45

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:58 am
I actually take great enjoyment on educating people on what furry really is. Sadly a lot of furries I know simply do not care to try and explain and even go as far as purposely exhibiting all the negative stereotypes that haunt us, just for the lolz of seeing someone's reaction.

The larger this fandom grows and sub-groups emerge, the more the original concept gets lost. It is frustrating for me at times, because of how long I have been a part of the furry community. I guess it is just a sad fact, but honestly the fans of something can end up ruining the experience for others. Especially when they bicker and fight amongst themselves.

An example would be that I am an anime fan, I truly do love anime/manga and the various merchandise that goes along with it, but I have to separate myself from the actual anime fandom, aka otakus. Frankly, otakus suffers from a long of the same foibles as furries, they are actually worse in almost all aspects far as I am concerned. Except their art community is far less conceited, that is for sure.

However, I am still a furry and love being one. Unfortunately, my greatest love when it comes to this fandom, the artwork, has become somewhat tainted to me. It is another one of those things where the fans have ruined the experience, not to mention the artists that pander to them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:04 pm
Isaol-the-wolf
guilty pleasure:
"Something that you love to do, but you just cannot admit that you do it."

For the journal entry in class today (english) We had to right about a guilty pleasure, im suppose to be doing it now, but I cant... sweatdrop I suppose you can guess what my guilty pleasure is, seeing how Im making a topic about it in this guild.
Nobody except two friends IRL know that im a furry, I cant bring myself to talk about it in the journal entry... Especially since the teacher reads them. I know im not the only one who is secretive about it. Im not sure how to deal with it.

Ask your teacher if this is discussed in confidence or not (i.e., the teacher will only tell others if there's reason to suspect you're a danger to yourself or others, or that you are or will be breaking the law). If not in confidence, just don't do it about this...  

Shaviv

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:27 am
When it comes to English you're going to get a lot of topics often that you don't have a lot of interest in. Often, it's better if you can BS really well than try really hard to be real.

My suggestion is that if you have trouble, make it up. Now you this might not sound like much fun, but you can put a fun twist on it. "My guilty pleasure is fantasizing about running over politicians with my car". Or "late at night, when I can't sleep, I think of nothing more than caressing that finely made assignment you sent me... The paper is exquisite and I can't get enough of it!"

You can really have fun if you throw reality out the door. razz  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:36 pm
Hmmm... I can't tell anyone? Well, being a furry. Everyone else knows I'm gay, but if they found out that I RP online as an Anthro Bunny boi? I dunno what they'd do o.o

Isaol-the-wolf
guilty pleasure:
"Something that you love to do, but you just cannot admit that you do it."

For the journal entry in class today (english) We had to right about a guilty pleasure, im suppose to be doing it now, but I cant... sweatdrop I suppose you can guess what my guilty pleasure is, seeing how Im making a topic about it in this guild.
Nobody except two friends IRL know that im a furry, I cant bring myself to talk about it in the journal entry... Especially since the teacher reads them. I know im not the only one who is secretive about it. Im not sure how to deal with it.

MikeyMike90

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:35 am
sweatdrop I still like the idea of not telling unless im asked. As a guilty pleasure I just put down video games. I know it may seem like im a coward but this way everyone is happy, the teacher got my assignment, I got the grade, my dad knows im passing, and ive been given more time to decide wether or not I should tell.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:09 pm
Isaol-the-wolf
sweatdrop I still like the idea of not telling unless im asked. As a guilty pleasure I just put down video games. I know it may seem like im a coward but this way everyone is happy, the teacher got my assignment, I got the grade, my dad knows im passing, and ive been given more time to decide wether or not I should tell.

Absolutely no shame in that, nor do you seem like a coward for doing so.

"Coming out" about furry is a lot easier than it sounds though. When you're ready, it'll happen, and frankly, it'll be excruciatingly anticlimactic.  

William Graham

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:22 pm
If it was not for the sexual stigma attacked, it would be a lot easier to be openingly furry. sweatdrop At its core, furry is not sexual, but I admit that it is a bit of a fetish for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:32 pm
I've sort of put my semi-furry predilections lumped into my previously existing roleplay and salacious internet RP eccentricities, and are on a strict "don't ask, don't tell" rule.  

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:33 am
Diana Aries
If it was not for the sexual stigma attacked, it would be a lot easier to be openingly furry. sweatdrop At its core, furry is not sexual, but I admit that it is a bit of a fetish for me.
Me to but, really im not exactly fighting that stereotype.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:40 pm
On the interbutts me being furry is known wherever I may roam. Where ever I shall have an account, it shall state it. In big text, or tiny text. But IRL, ******** that. No one knows xD No one except those who I know are furries, which... Well... is no one IRL -.- Sadly. You'd think in NY there would be alot more open furries. Especially gay furries like myself, after all, it's New York for Christ sakes! D: You have EVERYTHING! Once I saw people walkin' down the street in rubber bondage suits. They don't get laughed at, but a furry would? =/ America confuses me.  

MikeyMike90

Shaviv

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:32 pm
Isaol-the-wolf

There's a difference between having a secret and keeping it secret. Having a secret just means there's something related to you others don't know. But don't bury it deeply where nobody will ever find etc., etc., because that's bad for you mentally and emotionally.

If someone finds out, they'll tease you a bit... and then forget about it, as long as you don't live up to the worst stereotypes.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:24 am
Shaviv
Isaol-the-wolf

There's a difference between having a secret and keeping it secret. Having a secret just means there's something related to you others don't know. But don't bury it deeply where nobody will ever find etc., etc., because that's bad for you mentally and emotionally.

If someone finds out, they'll tease you a bit... and then forget about it, as long as you don't live up to the worst stereotypes.
The "vault in my heart" is not endanger of breaking open, at least not now.  

Isaol-the-wolf

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:30 am
Shaviv

That's exactly what happened with me once.

One of my friends saw I was watching a furry-related video (hell if I can remember what it was now) on YouTube during a break in class a while ago, and he said something like "******** furfags". I said "Hey, I'm a furfag. Oh, wait, that means we can't be friends now, doesn't it?" He said "Damn right", we laughed, and we're still friends.

Moral of the story: don't let it bother you, and no one will care if you're a fur or not. X3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:40 am
You dont understand...and your never on sunegami, you reply somehow but your never on. Not everyone in every part of the world, has the same mentality. Im frustrated, we get laptops from our school, I went to the IT room 4 school days in a row, the laptops they give me keep breaking.  

Isaol-the-wolf

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:22 am
Isaol-the-wolf
You dont understand...and your never on sunegami, you reply somehow but your never on. Not everyone in every part of the world, has the same mentality. Im frustrated, we get laptops from our school, I went to the IT room 4 school days in a row, the laptops they give me keep breaking.

I'm almost always on, I just have my status hidden. X3

I understand that not everyone has the same mentality; I was just giving an example.

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff