Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Game Ideas? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:29 am
dracokagebuyo
I was thinking about a 3D Pokemon game. Like the Rescue series, but you control one Pokemon at a time, switching once the one in control faints or you switch. you have the the D-Pad for movement, L being jump, R being crouch, and A, B, X, and Y for designated moves. Also, with certain Pokemon, hold L to fly and R to dig/dive depending on type/moves. Also, the menu would be like from the classic Pokemon games: Pokedex, party, items, etc.

Also, have a similar look to Colliseum or XD, but you're controlling the Pokemon, no trainer.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:28 pm
Anyone else have something to contribute?  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:09 pm
nitnit
To be locked in a mental institution and through whatever means you have to escape. And no, I don't mean grab a gun and shoot your way out, I mean convince the NPCs you're sane.

Like the book Catch-22 in reverse?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:01 pm
So, any other ideas?  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:11 pm
Really? No Ideas?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:51 am
An idea:

I once had a dream where a little man in a big green top hat was riding a giant seahorse through space. He went around shooting these aliens that looked like big, glowing starfish. Every time he killed one, his hat would grow a little larger. Eventually it grew so large that he returned to earth and made it into a house. He then married a little woman, and they moved into the house-hat and lived happily ever after.

I can't help but think now that that would make for an awesome video game.  

Adahnan

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:01 pm
Maybe a LoZ game...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:18 pm
I had another idea, this one is a little crazy, and was just a random thought at the time, but hear me out:

The game name (that I have at the moment) is Time Torn Asunder. Essentially, something happens with the space time continuum that throws the world into chaos, ripping the world apart while keeping the pieces in a uniform order. You choose to play as one of several warriors, all of whom died at the same time in different time periods, who find the world in its sorry state and overrun by these crazy monsters which appeared during the catastrophe. Each character (a ninja, a Spartan, an English knight, a Viking, a Native American warrior, a WWII Russian sniper, and a modern day American soldier, just to name a few ideas) has a different play style, and different strengths and weaknesses. With different weapons, and several story changing choices, the game has a different ending for each character, with three options at the end: the Savior ending, the Overlord ending, and the Rewriter ending.  

Haratio TaFotter

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:43 pm
What would determine the different endings per character?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:07 am
dracokagebuyo
What would determine the different endings per character?

I guess I shouldn't have said "different". Essentially, there are several levels. When you beat one level, you can go one of two directions, determining which is the next level you go to. By the end, it also determines who the final boss is. When you beat the boss, the ending is really the same (depending on which choice you make) but you just have to fight a different boss.  

Haratio TaFotter

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:53 pm
So, it's like choosing a faction and the last boss is the opposing faction's leader?  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:03 am
dracokagebuyo
So, it's like choosing a faction and the last boss is the opposing faction's leader?

I don't know if I'd say you're choosing a faction. You're not fighting completly seperate forces. More you're fighting different sections of the same army, though yes, your final boss is like the captain of that force.  

Haratio TaFotter

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:53 pm
Gotcha'  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:24 am
In the mean time, I've though up a few more characters: a 1930's mobster, a cowboy, a Highland swordsman, a Samurai, and a trench fighter from WWI.  

Haratio TaFotter

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:47 am
What about an alternate dimension where France actually wins battles single-handedly?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff