Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
Musings of a bunny on her day. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:42 am
Oh there are lots of con, all over the world. I Have three I am planning on visiting before the end of the year.

If you are willing to say where you live I can take a peek and see what the furry scene is like and what the closest cons are. Most of them I have to fly to because of the distance from my home.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:45 am
Oh I'm hardly embaressed biggrin Sides even if I was, you wouldn't recognize me cause I'm cuter on gaia!

I live in central illinois, city called Springfield. Its the capitol actually, and one of the three cities the simpsons town is based on!  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:01 am
Pixeliciousness
Oh I'm hardly embaressed biggrin Sides even if I was, you wouldn't recognize me cause I'm cuter on gaia!

I live in central illinois, city called Springfield. Its the capitol actually, and one of the three cities the simpsons town is based on!

I live in Portland, Oregon. Matt Groening's home town. wink

Ah, yes, Illinois. Right off the bat without looking it up I can tell you there is a con near Chicago. I plan to be at that one again this year.

http://www.furfest.org/

While I have been able to find some furs listed in Springfield, so far the only meet ups I can find are around the Chicago area. Sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am
Oh its okay! you've been a big help, I feel alot more at ease and comfortable with things then I was a week ago biggrin

The chicago one sounds like it'd be really fun, only cons I've ever gone to are dnd ones, and really, their amazingly competive and sorta have a bad feel.

I'm not big into fighting or competition myself. I don't have a big fondness for violence or aggression. SSB is about as bad as I get.  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:41 am
I have yet to be to any kind of gaming con, only anime and furry. But there are always game competitions being held at these.

For the most part they are all about getting to meet other furries, artists and buying furry related products.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:07 pm
Oh I think that'd be far more fun! I mean, gaming is great and all, but I've done that a loong time, this would be something new biggrin

..Hmm, Actually...is there like..protocal...huh how to say it...

What if someone claim jumps your look?  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:14 pm
Well... I cannot say that it does not happen where someone literally copies another person's fursona, but there is little to be done about it. Sometimes it is truly just a coincidence the appearances are close, just like running into someone wearing a similar outfit. But, honestly, even in cases of where the person did indeed base their look off yours the most anyone can do is b***h and whine.

It is honestly more trouble than it is worth and just causes drama.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:32 pm
Is there alot of drama that goes on in furry circles? Or do we tend to be more self regulating?

Also If I haven't, I again want to thank you! You've done so much to alieve fears and insecurity with me, I really do feel alot more comfortable.  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:39 pm
My pleasure. ^_^

*coughs*

Yeah, well... this is the internet. sweatdrop There is tons of drama out there, including furry drama. Tends to spill over into real life at times as well, but things always calm down.

Since there are a variety of different sub-groups within the fandom, sometimes you come across those with opposing views. This can cause some clashing and fights to break down and while there is no central regulation, the various administrators and moderators do their best to put out fires.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:44 pm
So...since I feel a little more comfortable, I thought I'd broach one of the odder bits I've seen if you don't mind?

What about the slightly more 'specific' furs? Vores and Macros and that? Or maybe inflationists? Do they make furs not into that comfortable, is there animosity I should be leery of?  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:52 pm
Ah, yes, the various kinks and fetishes one runs across. My personal experiences is that most stay with in particular circles that their fetish involves and if one is not comfortable it is just best to avoid those groups. Far as just running into people casually, most I have met tend to be courteous that their tastes are not for everyone and can make people uncomfortable to keep them to themselves, but there are others that will do things just to see what reaction they can get from others. In some instances a person has made their fetish such a part of their lifestyle that they just do things without thinking of how others might react, but they are usually able to tone things down if asked nicely.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:01 pm
Ahh. I wasn't you know, trying to yell EWW YOU FREAKS, but it is a little peculiar! I just suppose its easier to notice the oddballs then the...good eggs! yay bunny reference.

I did alot of looking on deviant art(cause I like that my own name comes up there alot cause of my many commissions and to see what people say about it), And I've noticed some art I just..don't get, eheh.

Is the roleplaying something commonly intermixed with real life?  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:09 pm
Yeah, not everything little thing is going to be someone's cup of tea. I do try to keep an open mine myself and have gotten use to various subjects over time from sheer exposure. Guess you can say I have become desensitized over the years.

I assume you mean other than LARP players? whee For most of us, even in real life meetings refer to each other by the fursona characters we have developed. You will find some that act out in what could be a more role playing mentality, but for the most part the we make use of the real life meeting to truly be ourselves.

What goes on behind closed doors, however, that is a whole other story.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:22 pm
What goes on behind closed doors is everyone but mine's buisness!

I'm not really sexual, eheh.

Thats actually really intersting to know, I have a few friends I met online whom are uncomfortable calling me BY my real name and want to use Pixie instead just because my real name makes them feel 'wrong'. I guess its like that?

I try to keep my mind open all the time also! other then to most substance type abuse, eheh.  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:28 pm
Vices like that are another matter entirely. Never good for someone to over indulge them self in anything.

Far as the name thing goes, there are a few out there that use their real name for their fursona, but most do make up something and it is pretty usual to call that person by that name.

Also, you are not alone in not being sexual. There is a decent presence of what are coined as innocent furs. I am certainly not one of them, but I wholly respect those that are and never push sexual things onto them. The only thing I ask in return is to not be treated poorly because I do involve myself in sexual things.

I have run across a few people that act really snobby and look down upon those that indulge in sexual acts. Acting as if they are somehow a better and more pure person because they abstain from such things.

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff