Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Sequels, sequels, and more sequels Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Johnny the 3rd

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:53 pm
for some reason, i can see Gears of war turning out like final fantasy!
lol the same basic storyline, just with different characters and a new setting, though i like that with final fantasy though.......even though theyre all the same story!  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:40 am
I think theres quite a bit of back story to bring more Gears. I mean how bout a prequel to the events of Adam Felix? And Marcus's attempt failing to save his father? What about other great COG soldiers out there? lol how about a Carmine that doesnt die?

Anyways, I can see Epic rolling out games as long as we buy them. I may have to stop at Gears 3 if nothing new changes.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:15 pm
Something to point out, usually game designers use a modified version of an earlier game's engine for the sequel, which helps cut down on costs and production costs - probably one of the main reasons why we see so many sequels.

Not defending bad sequels that just take the same thing and do it again with new weapons/characters, just making a point.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:12 pm
Well i think Epic does well with the profits they earned. I mean what publisher/developer doesnt license the Unreal Engine(excluding Silicon Knights xD)? Not many last time i checked.

Gears 2 has the best graphics by far. With their deep pockets im sure they fork a good chunk of it to keep updating the Unreal engine.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:18 pm
Here's another sequel being rereleased onto XBLA I'm actually looking forward to

http://www.gamespot.com/events/capcom09/video.html?sid=6208715  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:26 pm
nitnit
Here's another sequel being rereleased onto XBLA I'm actually looking forward to

]http://www.gamespot.com/events/capcom09/video.html?sid=6208715

Now there's something to look forward too!  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:47 pm
nitnit

]http://www.gamespot.com/events/capcom09/video.html?sid=6208715

i already stated that guys gonk look at the first page.

On the other hand, this summer its a definte 10 dollars down for Marvel vs Capcom 2. I challenge anyone to a online match.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it might be time for another thread possibly to talk about peoples team combinations, character favorites, and whose line up is better(Capcom or Marvel)?  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:40 pm
In my opinion.... this is just ridiculous neutral

Quote:
Activision Announces Four New ''Hero'' Games
Written Thursday, May 07, 2009 by Alan Pettit

You know, when the whole music-as-a-video-game thing hit the scene, it was pretty awesome. Even people who were terrible as real musicians had the chance to feel like they could shred the guitar, and later beat the skins or "slappa da bayass" (I hope everyone has seen I Love You, Man to get that joke).

Now though... give me a break. However, Activision can look at its sales sheet and say to themselves, "the public is still buying, so we're still funding." And then they all sip some fruity drinks on a beach I imagine. Why didn't I think of this?!

Aaaanywho, Activision has officially announced four new "Hero" branded games coming later this year. Most of them were already rumored and all but official, (some even had screenshots) but you can expect Band Hero, DJ Hero, Guitar Hero 5 and Guitar Hero: Van Halen all before the year is out. And below you can see a promo shot of the official DJ Hero "controller."

I honestly think the whole rythem/musical genre lost alot of its hype since Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band 2. We really dont need to make more plastic instruments to fill up the landfills... SOMEONE CALL THE ENVIORMENTAL PROTECTION SOCIETY!!!  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:44 pm
this however, is more fit for a sequel. Hopefully Rockstar San Diego puts alot of effort so the 360 can have a triple A Western game.

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:27 pm
What "triple A" wild west games are there anyway?  

nitnit
Captain

Sir Johnny the 3rd

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:35 pm
i played the first one, Red Dead Revolver, thats a different character!
the main character of the 1st one was Red Harlow, that seems much more different from the first one, in the 1st one the main character was a bounty hunter, and im not sure if i heard correctly, but i think they called the main character a sheriff?  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:51 pm
Heres a game i cant wait to pick up biggrin
Quote:
Thief 4 Officially Announced
Written Monday, May 11, 2009 by Dan Webb

Every so often a secret comes around that is so poorly kept that when the announcement eventually comes, you just tut and mutter "finally" to yourself. A recent Twitter post from Eidos Montreal stated that Thief 4 is now offically announced.

"THIEF 4 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED! www.thief4.com and www.eidosmontreal.com."

Whilst the Thief 4 site does currently exist, the only link that currently sits there is one to the Thief 4 forums on the Eidos site.

“We’re in the early development stages for Thief 4, but this is an incredibly ambitious and exciting project for Eidos,” said Stéphane D’Astous, General Manager at Eidos-Montréal. “While it’s too early for us to offer any specific game details, right now we are focused on recruiting the very best talent to join the core team at the studio and help us make what we believe will be one of the most exciting games on the market.”

Hey, we're just happy that the worst kept secret in gaming is finally out and we can look forward to seeing where Eidos Montreal can take the already impressive series.

Tron714
Vice Captain

Lah Cupcake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:08 pm
Meh was here
Like Assassin's Creed, I think that game isn't suited for a sequel...
Did you see the end of Assassin's Creed 1? If it didn't have a sequel people would be SOOO pissed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:12 pm
Miyamoto_Musashi102
for some reason, i can see Gears of war turning out like final fantasy!
lol the same basic storyline, just with different characters and a new setting, though i like that with final fantasy though.......even though theyre all the same story!

Excuse me? Gears of War =/= Final Fantasy on ANY level. At ALL. And imo shooters can't go in that direction.  

Lah Cupcake

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:30 pm
Well, actually, after FFX the series has been headed into an action oriented direction. So, if in the next installment Gears introduces a level up or upgrade system, and FF continues its descent into action, they could meet up.

A long shot, but it could happen..! (which would be dumb actually)  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff