Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:03 am
ArmasTermin
My zippo doesn't run out that fast. It'll evaporate out in about two weeks without use, but you're refilling it every day? Zippos have eternal warranties on everything but the casing, so maybe you should send it in to be fixed.
I fill it until the wick drips, and every two or three days it needs a refill.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:06 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Crash Maniac
Fresnel
I can't imagine filling it with gas. While it might work, your cigarette would taste TERRIBLE.

its true, its something my dad used to do when out on maneuvers. they'd dip the zippo into a gas tank, or something and fill it. Yes, the taste is horrible, but between smoking and no smoking... well..

Dont feel bad, my zippo does the same thing. but mine's OLD. i usually get a chemical burn on my thigh when i have it in my pocket.
You know, if that works, I'm switching to gas after I finish this gallon can of naphtha I bought a few years back for my catalytic pocket warmer. I don't smoke, so taste is immaterial. I also prefer the smell of gasoline to the smell of naphtha.

See, I've had it leak a couple times when I overfilled it, but I've never gotten a chemical burn. It just leaves this white film that washes off with water. Maybe it's because I'm not using Zippo brand fuel?

I used zippo brand fluid and got it on my skin through my pocket.
Never got a rash. I guess some people's skin are more sensitive.

There's some new low-odor zippo fluid that doesn't smell a whole lot.
Also, it seems to stay in the lighter a bit longer.
I filled my zippo two or three weeks ago and it still lights up.
Hmm, maybe I'll switch to that when my gallon's gone. The smell does bug me sometimes, and if it's that much better it'll probably be worth it.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out