Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Ultimate DBZ Guild

Back to Guilds

Dragonball at its best 

Tags: Dragon, Ball, Ultimate, Empressdee, Guild 

Reply Bulma's chatterbox - all DBZ related threads that have nothing to do with the rp going go here.
The DBZ Live Movie opinions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you seen this movie
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
no
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

le norm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:59 pm
Zelorie
I loved it. It was different but different is good. It made me think of old kung fu movies like Double Dragons. Shockingly so, it was like the movie was made in the 80's and dilivered here for us to enjoy again.

How could u!! I thought it was disrespecting Akira and the fans. I was very issapointed. emo  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:22 pm
Would you care to back up your words, there xxdbzmanicxx?

How is the movie an insult to Akira and the fans?

From my point of view, the movie was exactly how Akira wanted it to go before FunImation had altered the storyline.

Personally, I really enjoyed that movie too and I must agree with Zelorie. My favorite line from Double Dragon the Live Movie was when the bad guys went, "Shortcut!"

Thinking that driving was a video game!

That scene was hilarious in the move Double Dragon.

Dragonball Evolution was far more realistic to how it would be like for Goku/Kakkorot in the real world at that age. The movie shows a more realistic point of view to the show.

If there is anything insulting to the fans and Akira is when people decide to criticize the movie without back up or reasons why like you, maniac.

Now, tell us, how is the movie an insult? I would love to hear your opinion.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

o mally cat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:01 pm
i didn't like it they changed the story line and i liked the original story line  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:56 am
And what was wrong with the new storyline, o mally cat?

Personally, I thought it aptly described how if Saiyans were really here, how humans would react.

If you saw an 18 year old Goku wandering through your halls at school, and he was real, you would likely call him bad names.

Nobody at Goku's school liked him because Goku was different than everyone else. I was treated like Goku was in that movie. As if I was a freak. I had the power to communicate with characters from the anime world when in Highschool.

Well, I still can, but do you see where that's gotten me? I am in an apartment alone. No friends coming into my place and I rarely see anyone outside my home that I can really talk to. Its sad, really.

This is why I would never wish for Vegeta to be in the same dimension as humans because 1. He'd be treated like a criminal. 2. Humans would try and kill him the moment he lays down the first murder.

You know how Piccolo was treated too in that movie. Mind you, he did play as the villain, but that's how Piccolo was before Goku's son came around.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

gotenks ss1
Crew
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:57 pm
im thank full that db acualy got a live movie and will probably reinforce the ods of a new bd serise.the movie was mosty a "what if story" showing what could have been. i cant say i like it nor do i dislike it becouse i have not seen it but i plan to iv asked some ppl and they said they dont like it becouse the oozaru(monkey) was to fake and wanted it to look like king kong (wich would be awsome).And that the eternal dragon was weird looking and not db werid looking. and the kamehameha..... well its best left un-said what they said about it.

(good job keeping this guild alive for so long dee)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:13 am
saw it on the computer and it was bad they didnt have goku right nor piccolo nor gohan so it was bad and the fights last longer in the actual show they werent even that long only like 30 seconds to 1min. so it was bad  

Cortav

Hilarious Entrepreneur

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:24 am
The point of the movie was not about the fighting. I am trying to get everyone to be aware of it people.

The movie was supposed to be a lesson to everyone to not treat someone bad just because they are different or in this case, just because something didn't turn out the way you expected it to.

You have to understand that the universe does not revolve around one individual nor does it revolve around one country or one planet. What makes the universe what it is, is the unique differences that is has.

When you look at the sun (not directly), you know that it is daylight. (Yes, the obvious) And when the moon is out, then you know that is nightime. But... do we complain about whether its daytime or night time just because of the sun or the moon?

That would be a new one for me, but the point is right there. If we don't complain about the day or the night just because of two planets, then why should we complain about something like a movie just because it is different than what we know of?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:27 pm
Me and my father rented and watched it. I loved the actress who played Chichi. She is very pretty and talented. 4laugh  

KalSweetie

janemba the second

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:32 pm
yeah i watched it it was so cool everybody looks so real even piccolo  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:36 pm
yeah i watched it it was so cool everybody looks so real even piccolo  

janemba the second

kcbeach28

Original Dabbler

7,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:08 am
XxAzure_StarxX
i was made to see this film
and i hate my friend for it
the movie change too many things and battles only lasted for about 1 minuite
infact the final abttle lasted only 30 secounds i timed it
and the special effects where the same as ones from the mortal kombat film over 10 years ago

my opnion no one elses

i agree they could of done it so much better  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:35 am
if your talking about dbz evolutin to me that movie was peice of crap piccolo looked like he clased with the green goblin they were way off on charecters and i think yamcha was an idiot but i say the effects were good  

NightWatcherPRBlue

2,100 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
Bulma's chatterbox - all DBZ related threads that have nothing to do with the rp going go here.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games