Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:29 am
Clearly she didn't know yet.

He leaned into his mate, seeming to draw strength from the contact - brief and light as it may be. It settled him a little and he felt himself beginning to take back control of his panicking thoughts, just a little bit.

He opened his mouth to add to his mate's words, to try and justify their actions, to apologies, to ask for forgiveness...to try and explain to her how hard it had been. How he still thought of it even now.

And that was it...his mind slipped back into that panic again. In fact he probably would have blurted out everything right there on the spot if it were not for the motherly tone of her voice. He realised then who this was. Yes, she was his grandmother, but until then it had been just a word. She was him. A part of his family. "No. No. I'm glad you're here." And he was, even if it did mean reliving that terrible day, facing what he had done. Admitting to her that family had turned on family that day with devastating consequences.

It's also easier being here now that I know I have family.

Would that all change when she found out the truth? Would she feel as if this place could ever be a home again? He turned his head, unable to look her in the eye.

"You're right. Now is not the time." His voice was quieter now. "And you must be tired after your journey. You should rest before we delve into greater conversation. I'm sure there is some food, also, if you are hungry."

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:22 am
No was not the kind of person who shoved things under a rug for a while. She liked to get the painful things over with as soon as possible. She did not like the idea of growing to like this Kinja and then having it turn sour once she knew the whole truth. But at the same time- this wasn't her battle to fight. She shared just as much of the guilt and pain, but this was Kidondo's blood. And they had to respect the old woman for wishing to wait.

But it made No fidget.

Her head bowed, and she pensively agreed. "Alright." She supposed traumatizing an older lioness after a long journey was perhaps not the best course of options. "I'd be happy to get some food if you'd like." Hopefully, she could gather up a few of her children and give them the low-down on the situation. Last thing they needed was their horde of offspring surrounding the old woman with excited questions and badgering.

And then again, quietly, No looked towards Kidondo and shifted her tail against his side. "We may need to speak to Kenna about this," she said, although her well meaning words soured a bit with the idea of dealing with the former traditionalist queen. But there was no saying what kind of an impact Kinja's sudden return would have on the pride. They'd need to inform the right people to be alerted.

Mimsey

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:42 am
"She smiled. "Such hospitality. Thank you but I made a kill before entering the desert. I know very well how hard prey can be out here so I prepared myself for that before hand. I won't lie though, a trip like that over the desert definitly wore me out." She chuckled. "I remember the days where I could travel across these sands without a second though." She shook her head. "Oh how time has changed so much."

She paused to let No speak to Kidondo about something. Kinja even went so fr as to divert her attention elsewhere for the quick conversation. It was at this point she noticed a few lions around that hardly looked like they had the frame or stature of the Firekin. Just like No. Strange indeed. What had happened to the pride that she knew so well to be arrogant brutes? Had they had a change of heart? Was it for the better? Well...that was the big question wasn't it?

After No finished speaking with Kidondo Kinja smiled and turned her attention back to them. "If you wouldn't mind, all I need is a nice spot in the shade where I can rest for a bit."

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:04 am
He nodded, though somewhat reluctantly. Thinking about talking to that ex-traditionalist made him uncomfortable and irritated. But, she was right of course, Kenna needed to be told about this. "You're right. They'll need to be informed."

He looked back towards the old female and felt, again, the pang of guilt tug at him. She had to know the truth eventually. He could not keep it from her forever. Besides that, he had a feeling she probably already knew, deep down. He thought about he would feel if he left the pride and then returned to find one of his children killed.

He would be angry.

No, angry wouldn't be the word.

He diverted his gaze again and turned towards the densite. "Request granted. There is plenty of shade at the dens and its quiet there at this time of day." And, quicker than perhaps intended, he moved towards them, his mind reeling with this new appearance.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas