Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sergeant CJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:45 pm
Freak_090
Sergeant CJ
I honestly can't see this as a good move.

And why is this?

I'm pretty sure Texas doesn't have enough people to efficiently establish an international presence and importing things from other countries might end up a problem when they don't seem to really be able to export anything but beef. I think that they wouldn't really need to have a huge military force since.... Who really hates Texas enough to attack them XD?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:44 pm
Sergeant CJ
Freak_090
Sergeant CJ

And why is this?

I'm pretty sure Texas doesn't have enough people to efficiently establish an international presence and importing things from other countries might end up a problem when they don't seem to really be able to export anything but beef. I think that they wouldn't really need to have a huge military force since.... Who really hates Texas enough to attack them XD?
Nothing but beef...

AND s**t-TONS OF OIL. It's not called "Texas Tea" for nothing.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:22 pm
Fresnel
Sergeant CJ
Freak_090
Sergeant CJ

And why is this?

Nothing but beef...

Because we all know that around 3 the Texans drink petrol and have some crumpets on the side.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:02 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Sergeant CJ
Freak_090
Sergeant CJ

And why is this?

Nothing but beef...

Because we all know that around 3 the Texans drink petrol and have some crumpets on the side.
The connoisseurs are snobbish bastards. Won't drink the cheap imports or nothing.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:04 pm
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel
Freak_090
Oh no, let's not listen to the Texan who's been telling us to do this for the past 2 years. Nah, we'll just ignore him until we really need to go down there...
For you climate picky people, here's a guide to Texas temperatures.
http://web2.iadfw.net/danb1/climate.htm
Damn the temperatures, I want a humidity guide! Which, coincidentally, I didn't see there.

Here you go, but note: This is a current map and we just got hit hard by a 3 hour storm.
http://www.usairnet.com/weather/maps/current/texas/relative-humidity/
Bluh, New Mexican border or nothing, man. 100% humidity in the East? That should never happen, even if it IS raining.

Oh yeah, you guys get hurricanes and tornadoes, don't you?

Depends on where you live. I've never seen a tornado in my 17 year of living here, and only 1 hurricane.

I live too far south for tornadoes to be of any real concern. Hurricanes are nothing to worry about, it's not like it's Florida that gets pegged 10 times a year...

oh, don't underestimate Texas' military might...
http://www.city-data.com/states/Texas-Armed-forces.html

"Texas was a major military training center during World War II, when about one out of every 10 soldiers was trained there. Some 750,000 Texans served in the US armed forces during that war; the state's war dead numbered 23,022. Military veterans living in the state according to the 2000 Census totaled 1,754,809, including 284,485 who served in World War II; 179,512 during the Korean conflict; 533,801 during the Vietnam era; and 263,192 during 1990–2000 (including the Persian Gulf War). Expenditures on Texas veterans totaled nearly $3.7 billion in 2002."

Did I mention that we also have Chuck Norris? wink  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:03 pm
I hated the humidity in Georgia, I'm pretty sure I'd hate it in Texas.

I heard some people were being racist about Obama at the rally here in Sacramento.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:06 pm
They won't secede.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:15 pm
Inquisitor Brock
They won't secede.

I Know, it's a shame... emo  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:59 pm
Requiem6661
I hated the humidity in Georgia, I'm pretty sure I'd hate it in Texas.

I heard some people were being racist about Obama at the rally here in Sacramento.
Probably liberal plants.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:02 pm
Freak_090
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel
Freak_090
Oh no, let's not listen to the Texan who's been telling us to do this for the past 2 years. Nah, we'll just ignore him until we really need to go down there...
Damn the temperatures, I want a humidity guide! Which, coincidentally, I didn't see there.

Here you go, but note: This is a current map and we just got hit hard by a 3 hour storm.
Bluh, New Mexican border or nothing, man. 100% humidity in the East? That should never happen, even if it IS raining.

Depends on where you live. I've never seen a tornado in my 17 year of living here, and only 1 hurricane.

I live too far south for tornadoes to be of any real concern. Hurricanes are nothing to worry about, it's not like it's Florida that gets pegged 10 times a year...

"Texas was a major military training center during World War II, when about one out of every 10 soldiers was trained there. Some 750,000 Texans served in the US armed forces during that war; the state's war dead numbered 23,022. Military veterans living in the state according to the 2000 Census totaled 1,754,809, including 284,485 who served in World War II; 179,512 during the Korean conflict; 533,801 during the Vietnam era; and 263,192 during 1990–2000 (including the Persian Gulf War). Expenditures on Texas veterans totaled nearly $3.7 billion in 2002."

I have a friend on the coast, somewhere near Galveston, I think... she's been hurricaine'd twice since I've known her. I guess so long as I don't live in or near a trailer park I'm safe from tornadoes. They're natural enemies, and seek each other out at every opportunity. 3nodding  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:09 pm
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel
Freak_090

I have a friend on the coast, somewhere near Galveston, I think... she's been hurricaine'd twice since I've known her. I guess so long as I don't live in or near a trailer park I'm safe from tornadoes. They're natural enemies, and seek each other out at every opportunity. 3nodding

Yeah, there was Rita about 4 years back, but it missed my town. Now, Ike came straight up I-45 which is only 6-7miles away. God bless Pine trees.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:08 am
Shouldn't be any worse than Florida. *starts packing*  

Sidal

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:36 pm
Ohh BTW you have bad allergies stay away from east Texas. East Texas has almost nothing but pine trees and in spring everything turns yellow.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff