Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Famous/Infamous Memorable Endings **Spoilers** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:06 pm
Focusing primarily on games that actually have plots and real endings... I'd say that Fallout 3 was absolutely awful (well most of the main quest was anyways).

Fallout 1 on the other hand had a pretty great ending in my opinion. Basically after saving your vault from the super mutant menace in the wasteland the overseer sends you into exile since you'd cause other people inside the vault to want to leave and their whole way of life would be messed up. Your character then proceeds to walk off into the wasteland with "maybe" by inkspots playing, the lyrics are extremely fitting.

"Still Alive" at the end of portal was a lot of fun. The ending to kingdom hearts was decent I suppose, but I barely remember the ending to the sequel, guess it wasn't very good.

Actually, despite its flaws, I remember the last 30 minutes - hour of Mass Effect being some of the best story telling in any game I've seen.

I'll come up with more stuff as I think about it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:00 am
nitnit

Actually, despite its flaws, I remember the last 30 minutes - hour of Mass Effect being some of the best story telling in any game I've seen.

Mass Effects final climax was pretty epic actually. Convincing Sauren to commit suicide and fighting him in geth form. Then the plot slowly ties itself together and its like knowing the knowledge of "Why are we here?". Then choosing how the story ends and knowing it will effect ME2, which i cant wait to play. I just need to finish my 2nd play through and finish my Biotic set up for ME2 biggrin  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Felix Kristanelo

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:00 pm
Parasite Eve's Secret ending where Aya returns to the opera house and then burns eveyone the same way Melissa did. What the hell kind of secret ending is that? You go through hell cleaning up the Chrysler Building and get rewarded with a bad ending! WTH?!?  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:04 pm
i won't lie i still cry at the end of KHI. i'm 17 and it still gets me considering i don't like kiari but it is stuck 4ever in my head cause of how sad it was. (plus it took me 3 years to beat him cause i was trying 2 get the ultimate weapen ( excuse the spelling. i just can't spell right now.. sweatdrop ) that never hapened so i just tried 2 beat him and i won! ^^ alot of work though...  

Elizabeth BEW

Gambino Entrepreneur

8,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200

Dreaming of the Day

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:08 pm
I must complain about PoP (Prince of Persia):Warrior Within's endiong...It was absolutly horrible, not only did it have an alternet ending that you HAD to ge to make the next game make sence, but it was just awful both endings....don't mind me and my fangirlism but i love those games and i happen to love the fact that he liked the gril from the first game and the random hook-up with that skanky witch ws just...random...and the game made no sense anyways, because he went from being Perisan to American! way to go Ubisoft....way to go.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:01 pm
Twilight Princess. The slightly violent Ganandorf finish was cool for a Zelda game. Seeing Midna in her human form was awesome, and them having to seperate forever was kind of sad.  

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200

Lah Cupcake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:18 pm
Warped Mr I
I'm going to give the obligatory mention to Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Easily one of the most heart-wrenching endings in all of gaming, the exposition of The Boss and dramatic level of detail, political backstabbing, greed, and dedication placed into the scene, to speak nothing of the actual death of The Boss herself, illustrates one of the most dramatic and legitimately sad endings in all of gaming history.

In fact, all of the Metal Gear Solid series, with the exception of the original, had very good endings. MGS2... was just a really, really, REALLY refined taste.

However, the best ending ever was Hotel Mario. I knew it, but when I heard horrible voice overs of my childhood icons say 'You're the best player ever!', I knew the absolute validity of my prowess.

As for the worst ending... Super Smash Bros. Brawl is up there, but then again, it never really had much of a story to begin with... or any entertainment value outside of Snake and Dedede... or any cool moments besides the part where DK breaks a Koopa Troopa's spine... or anything that an adventure mode should have... or any Nintendo value... remind me why this was considered a good game, again?

Anyway, obviously 'bad' endings aside (like the one where Adel becomes evil and eats children in Disgaea 2), I'll give the nod for a worst ending to none other than Ocarina of Time. Sure, Ganon's dead for the next twelve years or something, but not only does Zelda make all of Link's actions irrelevant by sending him back in time, but she fails to do so herself, destroying the moral that the story was trying to teach, making King Zora and Mido become destroyed characters, ruining the whole point of being a destined hero, deonstructing the sacrifice made by Link in the first place, creating a huge time paradox, forming an anticlimax where all of the unresolved sexual tension between Link and Zelda remains as such, and overall cheapening the effect of a game that everyone but me thinks is fantastic. It just makes everything that I already thought was pointless seem even more pointless, which is bad.

Didn't Ocarina of Time have 2 endings?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:25 pm
The Ending of Final Fantasy X made me cry, it was so heart wrenching *sniff*
I still remember the end of Shadow of the Colossus, god that was a good game.  

Lah Cupcake

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:27 pm
I've never cried because of a game. Well, ok, I shed a single tear of happiness from what was the insane epic win of the original protoss tech demo from starcraft 2. That's it.

Also FFX is really overrated. Just putting that out there to be a d**k mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:00 pm
I'm a bit embarassed about saying this, but the Saints Row 2 ending was epic. Crashing an attack helicopter through the window of a skyscraper and jumping out and barely dodging it. Then the confrontation. Vogel is a rat trying to talk his way out of getting owned when he gets cut off mid-sentence "You have the Saints' number one fan... running ulto-" then BANG! He falls out of the window, falls hundreds of feet before bouncing off of a substructure and hitting the ground. Then you fly off in a helicopter.

I'd say worst ending goes to assassin's creed. OH BOY! I GET TO SIT THROUGH AN ACTION PACKED 20 MINUTE INTERACTIVE CUTSCENE OF NOTHING! OH WAIT, SPECIAL POWERS NOW! OH JESUS! WRITING ON THE WALL! I WONDER IF THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL?

That and big rigs over the road racing "You're Winner!"  

Dopahkiin

Lonely Conversationalist

Lah Cupcake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:05 am
nitnit

Pretty much half of FF fanboys/girls who make a big deal out of them haven't even played the games.

Halo is also overrated >_>  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:13 am
VxMystxV
I still remember the end of Shadow of the Colossus, god that was a good game.

VxMystxV

Shadow of the Colossus' ending was a masterpiece. It's up there on my Best Endings List. I think Metal Gear Solid 3 is at the top, but Metal Gear Solid 4 will probably knock it off its high horse once I finish the 5th act.

Also, I'd have to agree about Halo. 3nodding

Oh, and lets not forget Okami. The most beautiful game on PS2 ends with an epic boss battle where you lose your powers, get them back, and kick @$$, not to mention you go flying off towards the Celestial Plain after its all over, which makes you think there will be a sequel, but they have no plans for a sequel since the studio shut down. crying

Georgia Gator

Hilarious Genius

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:01 pm
nitnit

It is. The only real reason I play it so much is for the challenges. By now, I could probably recite most of the script by heart. (Why didn't they add a scene skip option?)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:22 pm
VxMystxV
nitnit

Pretty much half of FF fanboys/girls who make a big deal out of them haven't even played the games.

Yeah a lot of halo fans havent played many other FPSes  

nitnit
Captain

Lah Cupcake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:58 pm
FPSes in general are overrated.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash