Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Hel the Reaper-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:36 pm
I fracken love this game so much I loves it so hard. I'm not very far right now but I'm so addicted.
Any class that gives you character Counter is one to look into.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:01 pm
I'm a 299 missions.
I'm pretty sure I missed a mission that I can no longer do.

D:
EFFFFFF  

melikefood

Gikaru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:08 pm
-Hel the Reaper-
I fracken love this game so much I loves it so hard. I'm not very far right now but I'm so addicted.
Any class that gives you character Counter is one to look into.
I sort of agree, sort of don't...sure, Counter is great. But in Brightmoon Tor, Counter is hard to rely on, even against the Behemoths. It's usually better to just use Evade Magick, although it could work out with Counter (considering four of my six have Counter equipped). Plus, Counter isn't good for anyone that can't take some hits. To name some...Vieras in general, and anyone that doesn't use a melee weapon.

Ribbin
I just beat Brightmoon Tor, the first one. Daaaamn. What's different about the second entrance?
Ahh, slightly harder (obviously). All three towers have a special, one-of-a-kind jewel. Also, I think the second tower introduces a few of the monsters' outrageous all-screen spells. I don't recall Light Curtain ever being used, but Golden Hourglass (which CAN inflict Slow) and Veil of Darkness (around 50 percent chance to hit, but it'll kill all your MP if it does). I will not joke when I say this: even the third tower can give a Level 80+ party some trouble. On all floors (excluding the last two), the monsters WILL move TWICE before you can get a turn. Better be ready for some hell.

Rhazia
My team consists of a bunch of dual-wielding Seers with tanked out magic. Magic Frenzy + Illusion takes out pretty much anything.
You can't hold two books at a time (which by the way is ALL that a Seer can hold), and holding two staffs is just...no. Also, it's still better to have "tanked out strength," accompanied with dual blades. You do more damage with the second part of Magick Frenzy overall, even if you're hitting something that has high defense and Protect.

Also, my Luso managed to hit Level 99. Just gotta teach him Seer's Raise, and then he'll be a Blue Mage/Seer for life. If I recall, his Blue Magick consists of...Cornered, Dragon Force(?), Mighty Guard, and Quake, which is basically all I need. Although, now that I think about it, it'd only be good in the "301st quest," since Brightmoon Tor monsters will just eat his MP for breakfast.

Quote:
I'm a 299 missions.
I'm pretty sure I missed a mission that I can no longer do.
There is no such quest. You probably missed the same quest I'm missing right now, since I'm also at 299. Check your Clan Info, and look for the quests involving the Nu Mous and Bangaas of Rupie Mountains. Those quests make a five-quest chain, and I'm missing the last one. To get that one, you have to help the Nu Mous and Bangaas three times each.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:38 pm
Yea, I'm at 280 missions and the only one I have available right now is the Five Kings. =/

Although I'm working on mastering my current Heritor skill which should let me get more. Hopefully leading to more quests.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sazuka57

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:00 am
Gikaru
Ribbin
I just beat Brightmoon Tor, the first one. Daaaamn. What's different about the second entrance?
Ahh, slightly harder (obviously). All three towers have a special, one-of-a-kind jewel. Also, I think the second tower introduces a few of the monsters' outrageous all-screen spells. I don't recall Light Curtain ever being used, but Golden Hourglass (which CAN inflict Slow) and Veil of Darkness (around 50 percent chance to hit, but it'll kill all your MP if it does). I will not joke when I say this: even the third tower can give a Level i80+ party some trouble. On all floors (excluding the last two), the monsters WILL move TWICE before you can get a turn. Better be ready for some hell.

you know what's your best weapon there? Speedbreak and speed down moves on the enemies (Soldier love! <3). one hit each monster and you're SOOO set to pwn. it helps if an archer or some long ranged class is using it. x3;;;

Also, hasting yourself is a giant plus. i think there was a class that learned Hastega?...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:22 am
Sazuka57
Gikaru
Ribbin
Ahh, slightly harder (obviously). All three towers have a special, one-of-a-kind jewel. Also, I think the second tower introduces a few of the monsters' outrageous all-screen spells. I don't recall Light Curtain ever being used, but Golden Hourglass (which CAN inflict Slow) and Veil of Darkness (around 50 percent chance to hit, but it'll kill all your MP if it does). I will not joke when I say this: even the third tower can give a Level i80+ party some trouble. On all floors (excluding the last two), the monsters WILL move TWICE before you can get a turn. Better be ready for some hell.

you know what's your best weapon there? Speedbreak and speed down moves on the enemies (Soldier love! <3). one hit each monster and you're SOOO set to pwn. it helps if an archer or some long ranged class is using it. x3;;;

Also, hasting yourself is a giant plus. i think there was a class that learned Hastega?...

Time Mage. As much as I love the Alchemist/Sage combo, I might have to make my Nu Mou an Alchemist/Time Mage. I mean, Alchemists can use items on top of those two skills, so it's a win-win.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Pxlated

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:07 pm
^ ^;; I haven't touched the game in a while. I left it off at the final fight. o 3o Needed to get more skills and levels.

Originally, I wanted to make Luso a pally. There's this really neat weapon that my bf found, and he gave it to his pally, or something along those lines. When equipt, it made him de uber of uberness in the game, though apparently, had he done it when his pally was at a lower level, he could have been stronger. o 3o I needd to ask him again about that.
It's like some haxed weapon you find randomly. I don't think it was a quest reward item.
Aneeeways, My Luso's a Fighter I believe. I love the Monk skills, and if I'm right, the Fighters share the same skills? Like Air Render and Aura Blast?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:36 pm
Veiss Wynd
^ ^;; I haven't touched the game in a while. I left it off at the final fight. o 3o Needed to get more skills and levels.

Originally, I wanted to make Luso a pally. There's this really neat weapon that my bf found, and he gave it to his pally, or something along those lines. When equipt, it made him de uber of uberness in the game, though apparently, had he done it when his pally was at a lower level, he could have been stronger. o 3o I needd to ask him again about that.
It's like some haxed weapon you find randomly. I don't think it was a quest reward item.
Aneeeways, My Luso's a Fighter I believe. I love the Monk skills, and if I'm right, the Fighters share the same skills? Like Air Render and Aura Blast?

Yea, Fighters have those moves too.

Was the weapon he found Sequencer?  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Gikaru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:09 pm
Ribbin
Veiss Wynd

Yea, Fighters have those moves too.

Was the weapon he found Sequencer?
I can't think of single weapon that could be found randomly like that. It probably was the Sequencer, and it's not exactly a quest reward, even though it relates to one. It was probably Fallen Angel from one of the quests to get Frimelda, or one of the weapons for the Heritor class. Plus, I'd agree in making him a Paladin at the end if not a Blue Mage, and letting him use the Fallen Angel. Considering how the Heritor class is ranked "C" in all stat growths (except Speed, which is an "A"), Adelle will easily be one of your faster characters, thus making weapons with speed unnecessary. That said, she'd be fine with a simple Hyakushiki/Sequencer, especially since Fallen Angels give more speed. If it so happens that Luso is the faster characters, feel free to switch one of the Fallen Angels for the Sequencer. ^____^

Ribbin
Time Mage. As much as I love the Alchemist/Sage combo, I might have to make my Nu Mou an Alchemist/Time Mage. I mean, Alchemists can use items on top of those two skills, so it's a win-win.
But don't Alchemists get to use a third ability? I was pretty Alchemists can use three class skills. Alchemist/Time Mage is already a pretty decent combination (I think. I don't know Alchemist skills), and adding on Sage, White Mage, or Illusionist will just mean absolute magic hell. Mage Clan Cinqueleur would be jealous.

Sazuka57

As useful as that is, it's probably better to go on with something else in the third Brightmoon Tor tower. Soldier/Warrior/Raptor skills aren't exactly the best to use in Brightmoon Tor. Well, maybe Raptor is fine, but I never touched Raptor or Geomancer so I wouldn't really know. Anyway, I'd say it's better to use Blue Mage's Roar to get rid of the buffs. Light Curtain + Dark Behemoths = ZOMG. Just use Roar and...バイバイ!!!

Also, the 301st quest isn't really a big problem till you hit Round 4. I had hell in my face when I hit there. Thank god Adelle was still around to use Elpe. I coulda sworn she would be one of the targets. I made a new game on Hard mode after I beat it, and it's much more fun. Except how I'm leveling up in crappy classes with crappy stat growths. The game is actually a challenge XD;;;  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:52 pm
Alchemist's do technically get a third ability slot, they just can't change it from Item.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Gikaru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:49 am
Ribbin
Alchemist's do technically get a third ability slot, they just can't change it from Item.
Oh, that figures. Not that I use Nu Mou, anyway. Matter of fact, I don't use Seeqs, Nu Mous, Moogles, OR Bangaas. Nu Mous are the only ones who can fit into my party, and they're too slow compared to my Ninja-h0rs, Vieras, and Grias. ><  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:40 am
Woot. Just got 300 missions done. =D  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Shadow-GX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:13 am
lol I have to get back at this game. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:53 am
Gikaru
Ribbin
Oh, that figures. Not that I use Nu Mou, anyway. Matter of fact, I don't use Seeqs, Nu Mous, Moogles, OR Bangaas. Nu Mous are the only ones who can fit into my party, and they're too slow compared to my Ninja-h0rs, Vieras, and Grias. ><
I understand using Grias and Humes. I understand not using Seeqs.
But relying on Vieras? Not using Nu Mous, Moogles and Bangaas?
You're missing out on a lot of strategy AND making it harder for yourself.
Vieras have nothing more than agility to their name. and Red/Elemental Magic. Even then, a Nu Mou blindfolded could out-do them. Srsly, the have bad attack, defense, magic, and resistance. D:  

Sazuka57

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces