Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
What do you like to read? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BL-kay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:49 am
@M- I've read Fairy Tail, and it's simply awesome. I thought Plue made a cameo in there. XD

@Endranse- I so badly want to read the Vampire Hunter D novels, but the place I go has like book five and seven and stuff. Never has book one.

Childhood's End sounds really interesting. I'll put that on my list too.

Dracula and Frankenstein are classic that you don't mess with. Haven't read Phantom yet, but I want to, because the Opera version is really good.

Tried Eragon and just couldn't get into it, but my sister loves that series. And I'm going to get the Alice book.

And Yes, The Zelda manga. I thought I was the only one that read it XD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:09 am
Oooh, I got the Interview with a Vampire book, finally! And I bought Howl! : D

Still waiting for the library to get the Alice book, thou. ; ^;  

BreathLessX
Crew

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:32 pm
BL-kay
@M- I've read Fairy Tail, and it's simply awesome. I thought Plue made a cameo in there. XD

@Endranse- I so badly want to read the Vampire Hunter D novels, but the place I go has like book five and seven and stuff. Never has book one.

Dracula and Frankenstein are classic that you don't mess with. Haven't read Phantom yet, but I want to, because the Opera version is really good.

Tried Eragon and just couldn't get into it, but my sister loves that series. And I'm going to get the Alice book.

The good thing about the D novels is that they're not really linear. Each one is it's own story set in the same universe and they take place over a series of years. At least, the ones I've read up til now have been that way (1-10)

Childhood's End is an Aurthur C. Clark book, so if you have a stigma about him, then I wouldn't read it.

I find the Phantom story better in book form because its more of a horror story than a romance. Despite how wonderous the stage production is, it just doesn't do justice to the book.....oh, and the movie/musical is crap compared to the stage version.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:29 pm
Endranse
BL-kay

The good thing about the D novels is that they're not really linear. Each one is it's own story set in the same universe and they take place over a series of years. At least, the ones I've read up til now have been that way (1-10)

Childhood's End is an Aurthur C. Clark book, so if you have a stigma about him, then I wouldn't read it.

I find the Phantom story better in book form because its more of a horror story than a romance. Despite how wonderous the stage production is, it just doesn't do justice to the book.....oh, and the movie/musical is crap compared to the stage version.

More horror? Really, I have got to read this too.

Oh, and just tossing this book into the pile, Chasing Windmills is a good book too. I forget the author, but It's pretty much like this:

From Booklist
Sebastian is a few months shy of 18, while Maria is in her early twenties with two children, yet they both ride the subway in the middle of the night to escape the pressure of their lives: Sebastian’s overly intellectual and oppressively Luddite father, Maria’s abusive boyfriend and recent firing from a grocery store. When their eyes meet, it’s fate. Though it takes weeks upon weeks before they learn each other’s last names, the subway meetings turn into love. Maria imagines it’s just like her favorite movie, West Side Story. But as everyone knows, West Side Story is a tragedy, and Maria and Sebastian have to free themselves from difficult situations to avoid ending up like the original Maria and Tony. Hyde, whose novel Pay It Forward (2000) was made into a movie, stretches the relationship between Sebastian and his father a bit too far, but the reader will gladly allow it in exchange for the lovers’ tense and electrifying meetings on the subway. --Hilary Hatton --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

Great book, tho.  

BreathLessX
Crew

Mr Eliot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:55 am
books ive read and enjoyed:
artemis fowl series (is really good, xd )
about 60-somethin starwars books, cant remember their names
halo series
A Spy by Nature
The Polish Officer (last amazing book i read)
David Baldacci's The Simple Truth, and Last Man Standing
Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy
Grissom's The Brethren
a series of unfortunate events is good...hated the way the movie was, though

manga:
full metal alchemist series
.hack series
rurouni kenshin

and yes, i saw my friend reading the zelda manga, she got so angry that the water temple was only one page...but she liked it

im currently still reading a spy by nature, and also reading east of eden, finished a thousand splendid suns, and i will never take ap english, my friends lives revolve around it...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:32 pm
Wow. That's some serious reading list you got there. I feel like the only graduate on Net Slum that didn't take an AP English course. I did take art history. o^o

Oh, I just read the first two books in the Harry Potter series, guiz. It was...epic.  

BreathLessX
Crew

Ayekasong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:27 pm
BreathLessX
Wow. That's some serious reading list you got there. I feel like the only graduate on Net Slum that didn't take an AP English course. I did take art history. o^o

Oh, I just read the first two books in the Harry Potter series, guiz. It was...epic.

I didn't take AP English! *high fives* The funny part is that I tested out of Freshman English in college anyway. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:43 pm
lolol AP English isn't anything special, really. Then again, I spent most of it making "wimminz get back in the kitchen" jokes. Whoops.

My 11th grade English class was the best ever. The teacher was the most amazing teacher I think I've ever had. Some of the books were blah, but I absolutely loved that class.

Right now, I'm digging those bargain books they have at Barnes & Nobel and Borders. I got this really awesome one with sexy space pictures for like $4, and a huge book on WWII for about $10. Though, the one I wanted most was this book on cathedrals. ;3;  

fk12

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:39 am
I know! I'm stoked that they have bargains. THEY NEVER HAVE BARGAINS, LET ALONE SALES. <333  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:12 pm
BreathLessX
Wow, Doom, you sure read a lot! I'll jot those down so I can gett'em at the library. I've never read Fowl, but he seems to have a lot of good books. And The Giver is awesome. Best book in Middleschool history.

I love reading! Let's see, I also read the following:
1. The Host (Twilight wasn't good, but this one was. Read it twice)
2. Sabriel (Did I say it before? Either way, I reread it)
3. The Black Book of Secrets
4. Sovay
5. Angel of Death
6. The Hunger Games (Also read twice)
7. The GraveYard Book
8. XXXHolic volume 13
9. .hack//XXXX Volume 2
10. Clover volumes 1-4
11. Tsubasa: Those With Wings
Numbers 1-7 I finished before the school year ended. Actually, for 1 I finished reading and rereading before school let out. 8-11 I finished in one day. 10 I had started the night before I finished it, but then read the last volume the next day, along with the other manga. I started reading The Forest of Hands and Teeth, and after I finish it I have two more books that I bought to finish. I reread the first Artemis Fowl book. It was as good as I remembered, if not better.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Ayekasong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:18 pm
I suppose I should actually contribute something to the thread. Let's see, I'll just list the last 10 books I've read.

1. Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles Vol. 21 & 22
2. Twilight Saga (all four books in less than a month o.o)
3. Brisingr
4. .hack GU+ 1-4
5. .hack GU book #1
6. The Twelve Kingdoms 1-3

I guess that is actually 15 books if you add them all up. Meh. I don't read books, I devour them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:36 pm
If you guys like .hack//
i think 1/2 prince is a good read  

apoptoxin4869

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:18 pm
Ayekasong
I suppose I should actually contribute something to the thread. Let's see, I'll just list the last 10 books I've read.

1. Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles Vol. 21 & 22
2. Twilight Saga (all four books in less than a month o.o)
3. Brisingr
4. .hack GU+ 1-4
5. .hack GU book #1
6. The Twelve Kingdoms 1-3

I guess that is actually 15 books if you add them all up. Meh. I don't read books, I devour them.

Ditto. They're delicious. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 pm
apoptoxin4869
If you guys like .hack//
i think 1/2 prince is a good read

I tried reading it. Twice. Both times I found the main character kind of annoying, and then when she just falls for the dude straightaway, and he turns out to be gay, and then there seems to be slight focus on the crush she has on the dude...it really just annoyed me, and I couldn't really read it. v v" I can be somewhat picky about my manga. Other times I'll just devour them with my eyes. Really depends on the plot and all that.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:01 am
I don't think I'll touch The Host any time soon. But I'm also picky about my manga. I want to finish the series on my list right now before I dive into new ones. Like Tsubasa. I've been reading recent chapters without reading like the 50 before them. o^o  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff