Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ŧhe Đarkroot Єhronicles ✧Closed✧

Back to Guilds

The peaceful town of Darkroot has been torn from the map by a metallic army in this anthro RP. 

Tags: Roleplay, Accepting, Darkroot, Chronicles, Sonic 

Reply TDC Main Forum
✝ Ŧhe Єhronicles of the Ѵillage Đarkroot (The RP) ✝ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:01 pm
Night stood a safe distance away from the stadium when Rage approached. Thankful for the small amount of shelter in the trees, she watched the intimidating man walk through the entrance and gasp at what he saw.

Suddenly an ear-piercing screech of bomber jets waved through the atmosphere. She covered her ears to block the horrible noise!
She bit her lower lip to prevent the screams of the jets to fill her mouth with her own scream of the pain in her ears. Then the noise died a considerable amount as the jets passed.

Hesitation. She finally looked to see the echidna yelling at someone in that destruction zone. She fought the protest in her legs to make them inch closer to him and away form the green shaded sanctuary. Silently, careful of her footing, she moved her feet closer. She could hear as the poor boy was standing there momentarily... he forgot his own name...

It was harder to hear from where she was. Not to mention some stupid jets where swinging around toward the arena. Wait...what did he say?

S-SIR! I... I found some survivors...!

Her legs went numb. s**t! Did they see me?!

As a bellow of rage escaped the arena but she barely noticed. Her attention was on what she thought was more jets, was really a helicopter. If Night stayed where she saw there was no way the chopper COULDN'T see her.

The bat's head snapped around to see one of the officers look her way.
F$%#!! her thoughts screamed. OUT! GET OUT DANGIT! Forgetting any methodical escape, she took off running away, away from the stadium, away from the horrible echidna. He stopped yelling to have the privates salute the Colonel who stepped out of the chopper.

She dove back into the safety-or safe for now- of the trees. Breathing hard...hard...hard. The noise of the chopper drowned the panting of the bat that would have given her away. The trees sturdy bark the sway of the leaves seamed to tell her things.
Don't worry! We can keep a secret! We wouldn't tell them your here. Your safe...That is if they don't already know...  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:43 pm
Only a few mobians with a keen eye would be able to see the slight displacement of the air. Even to the more advanced of the robot ranks, the only appearance on their scanners would appear to be a small reflection of light. His movements would remain unnoticed. He was but a drop of water in the rain.

Upon hearing Colonel Winters' words, Z-77 turned off his cloaking device. Releasing his grip on the underside of the helicopter, he swiftly and silently made his way over to the Colonel. A small clinking noise could be heard as he pulled out a set of silver dog tags, so that the colonel would be able to identify him. One tag showed the name of the bearer and the other held the symbol of their rank. The tags were standard among all non-robotic personal under the rank of Sergent Major of the Army. Normally a robot would not need a form of identification as those commanding them should already know their ranking based on their model type. However for those robots above such a rank, as Z-77 was, the tags were required. He had kept it inside his clothing only so as to not alert anyone with such noise.

He walked over and stood next to Command Sergeant Major Rage. He properly turned and faced the Colonel, saluting him. "Here, as ordered Colonel Winters sir. I am yours to command."

Ehrinn

Versatile Guildsman

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:53 pm
He returned the salute, and dropped it almost as soon as it was up. He closed his eyes, placed his hands behind the back, stood up to his full height, and began to speak in a deep voice, completely devoid of all emotion, as though message could not be portrayed with any inflection upon it whatsoever. "Lieutenant Z-77 and Command Sergeant Major Rage, I was sent to this location to watch the progress of your recent mission. This mission was a test of your skills. You both performed exceedingly well, beyond expectations. Though casualties existed under your command, such things are to be expected, as empassioned people can be swayed to do extraordinary things. The General has decided to grant you both an increase in your rank. Sergeant Rage, this includes an officer commission for you." He opened his eyes. "I may not approve of your... methods, but they have proven effective in this instance." He looked around for a moment. "Where is the one who led your forces here? I was also sent to retrieve him."

As the polar bear spoke, James Hunt became conscious of something moving him. Everything was a blur, he could neither see nor think straight anymore. He flt something cold grab him around the chest and waist. He made a pained gurgling sound, he couldn't feel his legs.

As a pair of robots brought over the ruined body of the mountain lion, Colonel Winters made a disgusted sound. "Pity. Now we'll have to waste time and money bringing him back up to a fit state as well as training him. However, the boy was made a promise, and promises are kept in this military." He turned to the robots. "Get him med evaked, then make sure he arrives at a hospital alive. That's an order." The pair of robots scurried off with their charge, and vanished. He turned back to the two he had speaking with moments ago. "Now, if there is nothing either of you need tell me, I must be on my way." He turned to leave.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:40 pm
Just keep going...

Charlie was beginning to run out of steam. He'd been running for what seemed hours, carrying his brother the whole way. He was nearly to the edge of the forest, and he knew that once he arrived there he'd at least have a chance to rest.
Then he heard it.
Something behind him had snapped a large dried branch in half. Charlie stopped a moment, turning to see what had made the noise, and nearly dropped Jeremy. There behind him Charlie could just make out two small, squat robots kicking up quite a dust cloud with their big, thick-treaded tires. Looking back over the road, Charlie felt a strong mix of emotions, first and foremost in his wavering consciousness was fear. At the sight of the pursuing 'bots, he had felt that quite powerfully, as well as a deep sense of Losing. Certainly something he didn't feel often.
But then he looked to where the 'bots had come from, and all else was replaced with despair.
The stadium.
He hadn't traveled nearly as far as he'd figured.
Minutes... only minutes away... How... Why...?
Why am I so tired...?

His attention turned back to the ever closing gap between himself and the 'bots. His heart dropped to his stomach, but at least he couldn't feel it hammering in there. He turned around once more and began running, hefting the dead-weight of his limp, moaning brother along with him. Charlie's breathing was ragged, and vision blurring, but he couldn't worry about that right now. He had to make it home.
Home.
just keep saying it.
Home.

He heard a high pitched hum, felt the sizzling of fur being singed, then a powerful sting exploded on his left cheek as a red beam of light raced past his view. He stifled a yelp; he needed to conserve his breath, and kept going. There ahead of him the forest was drawing nearer. That would be his first step to freedom.
The trees will make for a slower trip, but it'll slow down the 'bots even more. I can maneuver the forest better than I can in the open.
His mind, tired as he was, raced with possibilities. As he trudged along, images of the chalk board in the locker room came to mind, flashing X’s and O’s standing in various positions and marked with dotted lines showing where each corresponding player was to go. He continued his mental search, though he found few that truly catered to his current needs.
Maybe I can mix two together…
With a new mindset he started over, and quickly found two that seemed fitting; a football maneuver that allowed the quarterback to find and take advantage of a weak spot in the defensive line, and a basketball play that that helps put distance between the player and those after the ball by confusing them.
With some effort, he glanced over his shoulder at the two ‘bots tailing him.
Yeah. Those shouldn’t be too hard to befuddle.
The thought gave him hope, and he found some strength in it. He began to feint to the left, causing the ‘bots to swerve in the same direction, but at the last second he let his feet skid in the dirt, using the push provided to launch in the opposite direction. The ‘bots tried turning again but ended up drifting, one of them eventually tipping over, the impact sending a massive dust cloud into the air. The other skidded to a stop and began correcting its course.
Yes!
Charlie swerved around and ran parallel to the treeline, angling slightly away. While He searched for his opening, a decent weak point that he could slip through, he hoped to trick the ‘bot into trying to intercept him in the wrong place. The ‘bot revved for just a second, and began the chase once more. It didn’t seem to want to try to meet him the way he’d hoped. It barreled along in a direct beeline for the fleeing hedgehog. He feinted again, hoping to send the ‘bot skidding toward the stadium, but it was no use this time. The ‘bot had already calculated his move and instead turned widely away from the town.
Krumn!!
There was nothing left to do but race it to the forest.
So he ran.
Stone faced and full of determination, he made a mad dash for the trees. He was almost there—he could smell the forest. He could smell the rotting wood, pungent moss growing thickly on the bark, the smell of the sap.
Then, searing pain blossomed from the shoulder of his already maimed right arm, followed shortly by a thunderous echo. It was all Charlie could do to keep from dropping his brother. He tried to save his breath- he knew he needed all he could get- but it was no use. He just heard his voice over the pain. Oddly, it didn’t last as long as he expected. The pain quickly faded, and he found he felt quite drained instead.
But he hadn’t reached the goal yet.
He heard voices behind him--Mobian voices, yelling at him. He picked up his pace.
No… no one can… keep up…
with…
me…

He heard- no, more like felt- another bullet zipped past him.
Almost there.
He saw his opening and bolted. His feet came together for a moment and he bunched his legs. As he jumped, more a leap of desperation than anything, everything seemed to move in slow motion. He flew through the air, Jeremy’s arms dangling deftly as they cleared the treeline. He heard bullets cascading, taking large chunks of tree and bark with them as he weaved between the trees.
H-home… free…
He ran for some time longer, the shouts and commands of two soldiers echoing through the forest while he dodged in and out of the trees. He ran until he could run no longer. His vision blurred, and after seconds went black.

Then there was nothing.

Clutch 45
Captain

Gracious Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:51 pm
Something explosively snapped under Night followed by the shredding of splintery fibers of wood into the air. She jumped and saw a huge dead tree limb had been ripped off by something. Instantly her wings spread out in two graceful arches and shot down pushing her into the air.

Below, two squat but exceedingly swift robot's ran off toward the trees.
Not toward her.
It was someone else they had seen.
From the stadium?

She pulled her wings in a bit and crouched through the top branches. She saw what she hadn't before.

A green hedgehog.
An escapee from the stadium. He was carrying a useless limp object and was obviously wounded.

She watched almost impressed as he unprofessionally kept a gap between him and the robots.

Her senses snapped her back to the sound of Mobins yelling.

She smirked slightly. Her hand reached around to her hip. Pulling out a round metallic object; she timed herself, pulled out the ring, and dropped it.

Instantly the whole area was filled with gas and dust. Only someone with very keen eyes could see through it. She now hovered above her tree. She buttoned the collar of her coat to pull it over her mouth and nose. She turned her head to see the hedgehog leap through brush and into the safety of the woods.

In the green shaded light of the trees there was a ruffle and a pop from the above trees. With a graceful land on her feet but a light thud a dark bat crouched in front of the unconscious green hedgehog. Wings out stretched, her coat puled up over her mouth, and in the shade- her eyes stood out like stars- but giving him a menacing smirk.

"You left yourself vulnerable hedgehog..."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:07 pm
On the far side of the clearing from where the overconfidant hedgehog had collapsed, Ethan slipped into the forest unseen. Though, he did not know this as he was still making a mad dash for everything he was worth. About fifty feet into the foliage, he stopped to catch his breath, and nearly keeled over from exhaustion. He turned back to look at the stadium for but a moment, but the collapsing metal and fires greeted him, even at this distance through the trees. He chocked back the tears. Everything he had had been in that stadium. Gone... They're... all gone... was all that kept running through his head. The grisly image of his brother's demise came back to the front of his mind. He suddenly felt very, very sick. He colvused shortly before finding himself staring at the pizza he had eaten for lunch on his own in a dare. He looked back to the stadium one last time... before turning his back on it forever. He set his teeth, gripped his hands into fists, and wiped the blood dripping from the scratch over his eye he had not noticed untill now. They're all dead. There's nothing I can do to change the past.He began to walk forward, deeper into the forest, and farther from the life he was now forced to leave behind. But if those bastards think for even a second I'm gonna lay down and let them get away with killing my family, they have another thing coming. He began to run again, his strength bolstered by his new found determination.I'll kill them... Every last one, if I have to. He snarled and bared his teeth. "Every last one!" He said in defiance of whatever power had led his parents and brother to their deaths.

He ran for, he didn't know how long. It could have been minutes, it could have been days. But, he had reached the edge of the forest, or at least, the foot of the nearby mountains. He was tired. The adrenaline surge from the attack and his decision to seek revenge had run out. He collapsed in a heap on the ground. He soon heard measured footsteps, but he no longer cared. He needed to rest. Just as he was about to pass out, he saw a pair of sandaled orange feet stop in front of him, then, a wooden shaft hit the ground.

"It seems fate has brought a stranger to my lands." The old echidna chuckled to himself as the young hedgehog passed out. "Perhaps it is time to pass my skills on to the next generation after all..."

Ethan did not hear the last words. His mind was already lost in the blackness of sleep, reliving the events of the day in terrifying clarity, and intensity.  

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100

Clutch 45
Captain

Gracious Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:52 am
Rage, positively radiating an unbearable heat from his fuming anger at the thought of survivors escaping, stood with his hands at his sides, balled into powerful fists. His entire body was trembling. Or perhaps a more accurate word would be vibrating.

HOw DarE theY.....????

A bead of sweat rolled down his head, joining what was quickly becoming a fountain of anger.

Hwhy dHo tHeyH th-TH-Th-tH!nk..! THey CAN'T just!! HWho !dO th!ey! TH!N!k !!!!!

His breathing was ragged...
"They DON'T th!nk..! They CAN'T th!nk...! thEY!!! HUUUHH!!! HUUUUH!!"
It was just more than he could take. His perfect vision...

RHu!ned...!

Was there NOTHING these idots could accomplish!? It was as absolute abomination! Their utter lack of capacity to complete..!

The!r !ncompetenCE!!! ThE UTTTERR lack OF CApac!tyy...!

"Yess much BETTER..!.. That NeeDED some... DECRIPtive poWer to it.!..!"
...Fine. Either way, it was unacceptable.

UNNaccXEPTabale!!..!

"... What..?"
Stoppit.

NO!!

Just then, HIS THOUGHTS WERE INTERUPTED by the glorious sound of hellicopter blades slicing through the sky.

HA!! Interup--

By the sound of hellicopter blades. Rage--

Command Seargent Major!

Rage spun to see the chopper land, sending hats flying and soldiers scurrying. The scene before him was positively comical. He felt his pulsating anger ebb as a fit of giggles began to wash over him. He soon found himself nearly doubled over with laughter, his eyes tearing up and his teeth chattering uncontrollably. Several of the newer recruits looked at each other with expressions of complete and total fear on their faces, though this was overlooked by Rage himself. His high pitched, frantic laughter was, without a doubt the most alien, joyless sound they had heard in their lifetimes.
Then the blades began to slow, and as the door swung down, Rage found himself peering over the wonderously decimated field at...
Someone with more stripes than him.
"Wonderful."

Who is this!?? Do you have to listen to him??

Yes, he does! Are you completely DIM!?

Hardly that!! HOW DARE YOU??!!

Through gritted teeth Rage uttered to the bickering irritants that voiced reason and rhyme within his head.
"Just... SHUT UP. HE is superior. In RANK. In RANK superior he is HE... He's in superior... Is RANK..."

He's RANK!! Stinks!!

HAHA! Peeee-ewww!!!

Smells BAD!!

He's RANK!! Stinks!!

I already SAID THAT!!

ME TOO!!!

No you DIDn't!!!

"K-k-QUIET....!!"
The Lieutenent appeared next to him and saluted, apperently unnaware of Rage's muttering.
Rage looked over to where the robot--

RObot... no MIND... no VISION... can't FEEL it like...

WE do...

--had so suddenly popped up and supressed another fit of hysterics, the laughter nearly escaping once more.

Idiot... Why are you laughing!? IT'S NOT FUNNY!! Why is some un-minded, visionless--

heh...Visionless...

--DON'T interrupt me! Visionless, robot with no FEELings just POPPING UP--

POPPING UP!! POPPING UP!!!

--STOP IT!!!!! IT'S NOT FUNNY!!!

"StoppitStoppitStoppitStoppitStoppitStoppitStoppit!!!!!"
He was trying for all he was worth to keep from laughing aloud.
The Colonel was approaching. As Rage heard the orders barked over the dying sound of the copper, the gut renching giddy feeling left his body. One look at the Colonel's face was enough to silence Rage's inner Rhymes and Reasons.

I'm a Rhyme.

Then I'm a Reason...

But I wanna be the ONLY Reason...!

I AM THE MIGHTEST OF THE REASON-RHYMES!! BOW BEFORE MY RHYMEY-REASONY POWER!!!!!

I wanna be a Rhyme!

Silenced! They were SILENCED!! As Colonel Winters stopped in front of the two, Rage half heartedly copied the salute of the visionless robot beside him, and stifled a sigh. Then the Colonel began to talk.
Lieutenant Z-77 and Command Sergeant Major Rage, I was sent to this location--

He's white. Shiny white fur.

Rage continued to stand erect, with shoulders back and face forward,

Just like they told us...

But his eyes traced the back of the Colonel as he spoke.
--existed under your command, such things are to be expected, as empassioned people can be swayed t--

Swayed. He's swayed. He walks funny.

Rage couldn't help it. His eyes immediatly fell to the Colonel's feet.

Green doesn't go with shiny white...

Rage had to agree. He decided to watch as three PFC's and two E-pvT's struggling to lift a particularly cumbersome piece of twisted metal bleachers. He found himself smiling slightly and felt a fluttery sensation in his stomach. He found him self rooting for them.

Ten bucks on the bleachers.

Well I think the 'bot's are gonna do it. Not the live soldiers.

"You can do it... come on... lift!!"
--increase in your rank. Sergeant Rage, this includes an officer commission--
Rage's attention had been restored by the sound of a promotion, and his head snapped back into place at the sound of his name.

Officer...

SO?? Who cares!?

Stupid! Means more troops!!

So? Stupid inCOMPetent...

MORE ARTILLERY!!

Rage couldn't help but smile at that thought. He was well aware that higher rank meant he got more toys. Especially an Officer...
I may not approve of your... methods, but they have proven effective in this instance.
Rage's eyebrows forrowed, a clear attempt at controling his sheer anger at that final statement.

Not aPPROvE..?!..? HHOw...

He sa!d.. WhaT wAS that??

That hE.. d!d HE?...!

"Not appROVE..."
Rage muttered under his breath curses that he hadn't ever even heard of before.

But they MUST mean SOMEth!ng...

"SOMEth!ng..."
His right eye began to twitch and his fists vibrate once more.
No... Musn't lose your self.

Yourself is only one word.

DON'T forget who that IS..!

Yeah!! HE'S RANK!!

"Stinks..."
Rage muttered so quietly even his Rhymes and Reasons had difficulty hearing. His anger faded somewhat as a shortened stub of a mountain lion was carted betwweeen him and the Colonel.

Heh... Had a bad day?

You had a bad day, tell me don't lie...

SHUT UP!!!

He is lying.

LIAR.

Lying or laying...?

The most beautiful specimen... Rage watched in raptured wonder at the Lion Stub.
"Heh."
He looked remarkably like a ciggarette butt.

?? What have you been smoking?? If that's what your ciggarette butts look like...

SMOKING MOUNTAIN LIONS!!

He is a smoking mountain lion.

This is a NO SmokING ZONE!!

Now, if there is nothing either of you need tell me, I must be on my way.
Rage couldn't help himself. He knew he shouldn't have, but it was more than he could resist.
"Only one thing, colonel."

MORON! Colonel has a CAPITOL C!!

He stepped forward as he spoke, and looked over to where the Lion Stub had been scurried off to with a fearsome smile slapped on his face.

SLAPP INA FACE!!

"This is a NO SMOKING ZONE."
His voice sounded distant, as though he were remeniscing. Then he seemed to snap back to reality, and looked back to the visionless Lieutenent bot.
"Do you wanna give your report now..."
He grimaced so that only the feeling deprived robot could see.
"...SIR?"
He shouldn't have done it. He couldn't care less.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:00 pm
Z-77 dropped his salute as soon as soon as it was given in return by the colonel, as was in his programming. He scanned the field for any sign of hostiles while the colonel spoke. An increase in rank to an officer commission? That would mean that the Command Sergeant Major Rage would likely be promoted to a Second or First Lieutenant, though it is well deserved given the complete execution of his orders. Also, an increase in my own rank would likely mean I will be a Captain. This has not happened before in history, at least not for a robot such as myself. This is a great honor indeed. But Z-77 could not show his appreciation for this increase in rank, as he was not programmed for emotions. He could feel gratitude in his thoughts, but he lacked the functions needed to portray those thoughts. Instead, he simply stood at attention, ending his scanning. He was then prompted by the Command Sergeant Major, who seemed reluctant to utter the formalities required between soldiers of differing ranks, to give a report.

He calculated the totals in his head in an instant. "Hostile casualties estimated at approximately 1300. Friendly casualties estimated at exactly 27. The approximate ratio being 48.148 to 1 in our favor. Pending further research as to the exact number of deaths by the cleanup crew, the day went exactly as planned with very minimal friendly casualties." Z-77 finished his report and turned his head to the Command Sergeant Major, whom was still in unease, presumably because of his lower rank than the Colonel and himself. He detected a hint of hatred toward himself, most likely because the mobian felt betrayed, being underneath a robot. This was common for most mobians as they still don't seem to trust the capabilities of the robots. Most of them prefer to keep the mobians in charge and let the robots do the killing. But Z-77 had noticed that the Command Sergeant Major was rather different in one area when compared to the others... he had the extreme desire to be on the battlefield and to kill. Z-77 felt that this mobian deserved more praise than he was given. But to speak against not only the Colonel's orders, but the wishes of the General as well, that wouldn't be possible for his programming. He had another idea though.

"Colonel Winters, Sir!" He turned back and he spoke up to ensure the Colonel heard him. "If I may inquire? I have done nothing extraordinary on this day. My mission was to ensure that the hostiles were inside the stadium and that they suspected nothing. I was then to give the order to attack. I did indeed carry out that mission perfectly, simply because I am not programmed to falter from my mission. As I have been given the rank of Captain, I would like to submit my review of Command Sergeant Major Rage. He executed the mission so flawlessly that we only lost 27 soldiers. Out of thousands of soldiers, we lost 27... not even 1 percent. Not to mention his heroism on the battlefield. He is one of the few higher ranking soldiers I have seen run into the battle without question in his mind, a true soldier. I would be honored Sir, if you would allow this mobian to be my equal. He has more than proven himself in battle and in command, in my eyes, he has not only gained the rank of Captain, but he has earned it." He continued to stand at attention. "Colonel, you have the ability to give him that rank."

Ehrinn

Versatile Guildsman

Puff O Puff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:57 am
"No... this can't be happening"

Was the cat's first thought when when he reached the clearing where the town of darkroot once was. This was insane. A whole city turned to rubble and corpses. Who knows what could have done this to all these people. He felt like puking... this was a massacre. Most of the buildings were smoking and had large holes in them where they had been hit by something. Whoever did this must have used some sort of cannons... a lot of them. Looking more closely, he could see small dots moving around down near the city. They were organized... after something like this.

"hmm... survivors, no, not after something like this."

There were far too many and they were too organized for them to be survivors. He turned his back to head back into the forest. "It's getting dark. I should probably make camp." He quickly ran into the forest he didn't want to be too close to darkroot; that could be bad for his health. His backpack felt lighter than usual... he was running out of arrows. This was bad, without arrows he wouldn't be able to do much if he was attacked. He needed to set up camp somewhere safe. After that he needed to get out of here as fast and quiet as possible. But something bad was bound to happen, after all, he was a bounty hunter.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:16 pm
Colonel Winters First regarded Rage's remark with a look of shock and disgust, then became thoughtful as the robot spoke. When the robot finished, Winters cleared his throat, but did not look up. "Such a decision is not to be lightly made, to say the least. I shall review the battle, and, so long as the information you have provided proves accurate, Lieutenant, I will pass along my recommendation to the General." He looked up and stared into the lifeless eyes of the machine. "Such praise is not commonly given to any man, and such a request is nearly unheard of. However, you have intrigued me, and this seems a good recommendation, based on Sergeant Rage's past performance." Colonel Winters closed his eyes and nodded. "So long as the report my men bring me confirms the information you just gave me, I will send along my own recommendation for his immediate promotion." He turned his back on the pair. "For now, I must return to base. Ensure that all men return to base. If any man attempts to run, you have permission to use deadly force. Nobody goes AWOL in this army, is that understood?"  

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:18 pm
Robert couldn't clear his head. He'd been walking for days, maybe weeks with little rest. Heading from city to city was never easy what with the Wastes seemingly growing. It had been nearly two days since he or his 'family' had found any water, Let alone safe to drink. But it was the price he had to pay.

Megaopolis was just to big, the power supply was nice, there was plenty of good food to steal. But every good alleyway was already occupied. That was past though. They were all almost to Darkroot. Then he'd be free once again. Free to do whatever the hell he wanted. No more giving up his last good meal to the old sick guy who would probably die anyway, no more sleeping on the freezing sand at night, and waking up to a scorching sun, and especially no more Sam.

Perhaps it was the heat, but Rob despised him even more so then the others. And when he hated something, it was the only thing on his mind. He really was the definition of annoyance. The only other teen with Robert's little band of travelers. Sam took a special interest in him, but not as a friend. It was obvious he was talking down to him every time he spoke. Probably just because of how short Rob was for his age. "Where's little Robbie, what's Robbie doing, something wrong with my lil' Robbie?" F***. It's obvious he wants his head pounded in. Not only was Rob a short, skinny guy, but Sam was huge. The ordinary 'tall, dark, and douchebag.' I'd tear that mouth right off him. if I could reach it. He hated being short. Nobody was intimidated by his presence. He was just a lost kid to them.

Rob tried to lose himself with different complaints; starvation, the sun, there were tons of things that inspired his anger out here. Sam was just another loser. Soon Robert would leave the group of travelers and never have to hear from him again. So Robert kept on walking, juggling 'The Sphere' between his hands. His greatest invention. A makeshift orb of metallic mesh and wiring about the size of a baseball. It was built as a little electric capsule. You could plug it in to an outlet to charge, and in return, use it to charge other things; like a battery. But it was more than a battery to him. It was better... Well, out here it was pretty useless. He missed the convenience of Megaopolis' electricity. Perhaps he hated Sam because of the time he took it from him and held it over his head. No, he also hated the compliments some of the others gave him. It was a desperate attempt to socialize with him, just because their consciences told them to try and be friendly to the odd one out. Come to think of it. He hated everyone for something.

Megaopolis didn't feel like home. That's why he decided to move on. That city had nothing for him, neither did Rapture before that. He tended to curse his hometown on a daily basis for all the hell it put him through. Robert squinted as he looked up ahead. All this thinking wasn't doing him any good. He needed to look toward the future. No matter how bright the damn sun was. He thought he could almost feel the cool drafts of wind that danced through the alleys. He could smell the gasoline and assorted garbage. Smells that he had gotten used to. He swore he heard the conversations of all the other lost souls that wandered the night. Whether the person they were talking to existed or not. These memories were the closest thing to home that Rob had.

"Look over there guys! Darkroot forest! You see that from down there Robbie? We're almost there."

Sure enough, the outline of the city could be seen over the horizon. His new life awaited him.

"...'Bout time."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:27 pm
"you thought you could actually catch me, with how loud you were you could have woken up the dead."

All those that were organic were silent while the robots with them were standing like statues with weapons aimed at his head. One of the organics, which was most likely the leader, slowly started to walk towards him calmly. Saying nothing, when he was only three feet away, he stopped.

"Sir we only want you to come with us."

"You must be dumber than you look if you think i would go with you... anyways i can get out myself."

The man started to turn around; now was his chance to get out of here. Rook quickly lunged at the man, putting him in a headlock and quickly liberated the man of his pistol. Aiming the pistol at the mans head, smiling the whole time. The robots didn't move the whole time while the two other organics had drawn there weapons. The one on the left was a mouse with a small pistol, the other was totally different story; he was a badger that had a large rifle trained at his head. This was not good... but it was better than before. Thoughts racing a mile a minute, all of how to escape or how to beat them. Rook's smile widened at the thought of it.

Rook threw the man back at the group. Stunned by the sudden action, the badger and mouse quickly grabbed him. With a silent command, the robots fired all at once. But before any could hit, Rook had jumped as high as he could extend and grabbed onto a tree branch and started to climb. The squad of ten started firing blindly into the trees, hoping for a body to hit the ground. Then the firing stopped, except for one. The mouse after running out of ammo, started to look around.

"Hey anyone get him."

The only response he would receive... was one of silence. The mouse tensed and turned around to be greeted by none other then Rook Felid. Behind him was his squad mates, all on the floor, various arrows decorating them. That same predatory grin was plastered to his face as he started to walk toward the mouse.

"Nice uniform, mind if I borrow it?"  

Puff O Puff

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:09 pm
It was a very cold night. Robert woke up with his teeth chattering. By now the sun would have singed him dry. the forest canopy was different. It was... Protective to say the least. The feeling of greenery surrounding him was still fresh. Most definitely something he wasn't used to. The shade of the canopy was so comforting after marching for who knows how long. It'd be less than a day before they set foot in Darkroot. Robert rose to his feet as the rest of the pack did. All of them conversing amongst themselves. Rob didn't care to hear what they were saying.

Rob could hear the chaos of darkroots streets. Faintly, but clear. He caught a smile trying to sneak onto his face, which was quickly shot down. Of course, Sam had to notice. The smug jerk slowed down in order to walk next to him.
What are you smiling about little guy? Oh great. Rob thought. Just look away. He changed his attention to the trees lined to the side of them. Green, green, green, green, brown, dead, dead, burnt. What? Robert paused to take a look at the trees. Than he looked in front of him. Dead trees everywhere. Not natural looking either. It didn't seem like a fire, some trees look like they'd had sections of them blown off. Something was wrong. Uh... Guys? Rob muttered so quietly he could barely hear himself. Surprisingly, nobody else had noticed. They were still walking and chatting about what they'd do once they got there. Idiots! Rob stopped in his tracks as the entire crowd walked through some thick brush and disappeared. Moments later, Rob heard agonizing screams echo through the forest. The worst part, was that he had a good idea where it was coming from. Rob ran through the brush to examine the surrounding area. What he saw was mortifying. Everybody. EVERYBODY. Was dead. Thin holes pierced straight through the flesh of each of them. Rob was used to seeing the dead, but still. He'd actually gotten to know these people a little. It took him a second to regain himself. Gunshots. No doubt. Rob's attention was taken away by a faint noise. More shouting could be heard in the distance. It only took seconds for him to notice that Sam wasn't with the bodies. That was most definitely his screaming. Rob didn't know what was happening, but instinct told him to aid Sam against whatever was out there.

Wait. Rob stopped himself from heading any farther. What the f*** am I doing? I don't owe him anything. Robert stopped. If anything, now was his chance to run. Sam was just another loser. Why bother? One final gunshot ended the screaming, and Rob didn't even flinch. He simply looked down at his handgun, and ran the other way. Closer to the city of Darkroot.

...Or at least, what used to be Darkroot. Rob stunned when he was first able to see the city. Everything was crumbling. He heard the faint noise of explosions and gunfire, the screams of people losing their lives. Men, women, and children alike. The sight was to much for him to take in. All he could try to do was look the other way and pretend that nothing happened. But the truth was. Everybody he knew was now dead. (Except for those few that had ran away in the past.) His new life had been torn to shreds before it even had a chance to start. He was now, truly alone... again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:33 pm
"How the hell did I get into THIS?" Night muttered, complaining to herself.

She was carrying the unconscious green hedgehog in her arms and his unknown companion on her back. This left her unable to fly but she could lift herself and the other two using telekinesis. She almost thought about leaving the useless one and was now wondering why she didn't.

"This better be fu**in worth it..." She hissed.
Her plan B was to bring them to Midway where they could now get proper medical treatment and bla bla bla. But inside she was kicking herself for not finishing what she came here for.

Her thoughts criticized her. 'One! It took one echidna to scare you off! Your lucky he got out himself! Who ever the heck this is with him...'
She looked over her shoulder at the limp Mobian.
'Stop complaining. You can't change the past. You of all people should know that...' She cringed and silently sifted through trees.

I while later she stood in front of some clinic. The city was nicely maintained but she saw behind the cover. She scowled at the tall expensive buildings in the background. But her back was tired and she didn't have the time to 'admire' the new monopoly.

She stepped inside and ignored the awkward and severely alarmed looks from the lady at the desk. She roughly slid his brother onto one of the chairs and looked down at Charlie. By now he was badly infected. His face was still bloody, his gloves torn and burnt. His arm might be broke. She wondered if he even had noticed his brother had blood ALL over that beautiful jersey.

She set him down in another chair. His head limped over uncomfortably to a side.
A dark smirk spread across her face.

A few minutes later she was in the sky heading back to darkroot.

Night could smell ashes and see the smoke in the distance as she approached darkroot again. The sunset of reds and pinks was still blotched by soot. But her mind wandered and that was her mistake.

She was just over the peek of the trees and she still hardly heard the rustling. Suddenly something burst out of the leaves and grabbed her ankel ripping her down without giving her time to make a squiek.

A black hawk had ripped her down into a branch and slapped one hand over her mouth and used the other to pin her down. He leaned his face close into her to keep her captive and his breath was horrible. One eye was glossed over like it was blind and the hand clasped over her mouth only had three fingers.

"Hello' poppet..." He hissed " 'Jou take a gander at our ol' bots eh? Heh, you'll pay for that..."

clutch 45
Rage still stood proudly in the beautiful midst of blood and destruction. He deeply inhaled the intoxicating smell of burnt and ...something else burnt. As he looked over the landscape, he couldn’t help but smile, something he’d been doing quite a bit more than was normal lately. Much to the dismay of the troops under his command. It wasn’t a pleasant thing to behold.

Hey!

Don’t start with me. It had the look of something crazed, as though some feral animal had lost it’s mind entirely.

"Do you really need to go into such detail?"

Yeah. Stupid…

NO! Stopitt!

His smile now gone, Rage turned to look over the horizon in hopes of catching glimpse of those blasted survivors he’d sent the privates after.

Hamburger…

Nope! Not hungry!

The ingrates had fled to the north, into the westernmost tip of the forest.

They have grates in them?

INGRATED!!

"No, no! It means--"

Grates in their heads!!

Sigh… to his left, th--

That would be WEST.

To his left the sun was starting to set.

"What time is it?"

West o' clock.

The Colonel had left a while ago-

He left two minutes ago!!

That green should be outlawed…

The Colonel had left a while ago and the only solders left where the ones under Rage's command. He had used the excuse of counting how many dead there were to the utmost of his advantage so he could enjoy himself as long as possible.

I dun wanna go home!

"Don’t make me come back there!"

>{sniff}< Ok. I dun wanna go home…

After a while, his gaze drifted back toward the forest once more.

Look! Trees!

SHAME on you! Those trees don’t aprisheate it when you look them over like that!

Appreciate.

Yeah, quit checkin out the TREES!

Appreciate.

"Huh?"
…Just… Stop. Seriously. He looked on for any sign of survivors being brought back to him.

No body goes AWOL in this army, is that understood?"

Yup.

Stinky words!

What’s a Aywall?

"Don’t worry, he’ll bring em back!"

who?

Umh... Who exactly is he talking about? I mean, I feel like I should know! After all, I am the narrator…

"Private Hamburger!!"

Hamburger Kenderson!!

Oh. That kid. Right.

I wonder how he’s doing right now......

That was far too many dots.

C’mon!! Que the time space shift thingy!

Nope, I’m afraid he’s going to have to have his own post this time.

Oh, nurtz!

"DON’T make me come back there!"

Just cause you’re the one with the body…

"Shut it. I see someone coming back."
A moment later, the hawk that he had sent out to check on his search party--

HAMBURGER!!!

It’s my party, and you’ll die if I want youto, die if I want youto, DIE if I want youto!

SHUT UP!! Shizzlebits, what’s with you and singing today??

The one with the weird accent? I never liked that guy…

A MOMENT LATER--

You already said that!

--The HAWK he’d sent out returned with a prize all his own.

OOH!! Did he buy the cereal?? I hope it’s a good one!

… No comment. He stood before Rage and presented his prisoner.

Oooh! He must’ve got the kind where you have to send in your box tops to get the really good prize!

I always liked that guy…

‘Ere ja go, Sir! Found ‘er checkin’ out th’ scenery! And, I t’ink she migh’ be th’ one ‘at took outcher Scout Bots, Sir!

Night was showed through the arena to the center where Rage stood. The hawk grabbed her hair and pulled up head up. She bit her tongue to not growl. Suddenly her face went pale.

Rage stood a few feet in front of her. His sickening smile melted any rebellion in her like acid. She couldn't peel her eyes away from the horrible gash that scarred his shoulder all the way to half way down his chest.

Clutch 45
"WElll, noW... You did that, did you? Heh... Alrighty then! I hope you won't mind staying here for a bit, now would you? No, I don't think so..." Rage turned to walk away.

"How the hell did I get into THIS?" Night muttered, complaining to herself.

clutch 45
Rage nearly popped a vessel. He spun back to face her with veins popping out along his forehead and cords and tendons bulging from his neck.
"WHAt wAzz ThaT??!"
As he yelled at the bat, he sprayed uncontroled drool at her face.
"JUst whERE D0 y0u G3t tHE n!rVE?? TAKE HER TO THE BR!G!! LOCk hER UPP!!"

Take the key and lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up!

"Stop singing!! Get her out of my sight!!"
He couldn't keep himself from bellowing as he watched the bat being taken away. Not that I can blame him... the singing was getting really stupidly annoying.

HEY!

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:43 pm
How do you recover from this? Robert was clueless on what to do now. He slowly trecked along the tree-line of the ruins that used to be Darkroot. He always had a backup plan, because things never go correctly... But THIS? There's nothing, nobody, no hope. Rob was alone. Just like he wanted. But this time it didn't seem so sweet. He could make out the small metallic figures in the distance that most probably caused this nightmare. I better get back in the trees.

That sight was terrifying. Robert collapsed onto the roots of a dead tree once he thought he was a safe distance from the wreckage. I need to hurl. Boy could he feel his stomach churning. The nearly mechanical noise of a washing machine could be heard in his stomach... Getting louder, louder. Until it hit him. That's not me. Robert shot up of the ground and looked behind him. A robot was coming. He just knew. Reaching for his old handgun, he pointed it at the movment in the lifeless brush. GET OUT HERE A******! Then he saw it. One measly Scout Bot. Wait... A Scout Bot? Those are military robots. What the f*** happened here? Something very close to home happened. He looked closer at it's arm and saw torn shreds of an old football jersey. Sam's! Now rage was boiling through him, along with mixed emotions. Come on shoot me! Just end me! - You'll pay for what you've done. - Why do I care for those losers? With a split second to think he just fired a shot at the Bot's tires. It Hit! Then it turned for him.

Why did I do that? It didn't see me. I could've ran! I always run... That's all I ever do. But not anymore. The Bot locked on to Robert and let loose a fury of led. Robert leaped behind the dead tree he was laying under. But he wasn't fast enough. He could feel one of the bullets tear through his sneaker and into his foot. Then he could feel pain like never before. AAUUUUGH. AUGH. OH... Oh GOD... He couldn't stand, he couldn't think, he couldn't even breathe. But he was behind the tree... and alive for now. Soon that thing would go around his cover and finish him off. But still Robert beared the pain, got his pistol aimed to the side of him, and prepared for his final moment. Thi-This wasn suPPos... He saw his reaper turn the corner and aim for him. But Rob fired first, and that bullet saved his life. hitting and denting the barrel of the gun coming from the Bot's chest. YES! There's no way that thing can shoot at me now! He had a chance now. Small... but still a chance. Until it brought out another gun. No. A Laser! Robert fired again. This one broke through it's visor. The glass went back into the hardware in it's head and pierced something important because it stopped rolling forward. It can't move it's wheels! But the laser was still charging. Rob had to dodge it. So he rolled. Rolled over his bad foot and felt the pain all over again. The laser fired in the spot where he used to be. He was STILL alive. CoMe OnNnn... All he had was one last move. He pulled the trigger one last time... CLICK!... NOOOOOO!!!! That was it. The Scout's laser was charging and he couldn't cause any more pain to his foot without passing out. So he waited for death...

NO! I'm tired of giving up! I'm tired of hiding! You can't stop me! It'll take a f****** ARMY stop me. From now on. Never say die. Robert had seconds to act. The Bot was at arms length with a shattered visor. What does he have... His sphere! Robert reached into his sweater pocket and pulled out his barely-charged orb. The laser was about to fire. So gathering all of his strength. Rob got up on his good leg, and leaped for the Bot's head. Shoving the ball through it's face... Now THAT was it. He fell to the ground as the robot was violently shaking. No way. No f****** WAY! His ball had short circuited the Scout. He had made an EMP! As the Bot fell to the ground, so did he. Crashing in unison againsed the dirt. There was no life in that Bot what so ever. He did it. Robert was still alive. He finally let loose his stomach. Followed by insane laughter that echoed through the remnants of Darkroot forest. Then he turned to the bot. Now... What. To do with... you?

TDC Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff