Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CherubiMaster

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:36 pm
GuruGuru214
Regulust
WTF are you guys talking about?

http://www.bobsgame.com/

Basically this guy's spent the last five years writing his own video game, entirely by himself. He put in an application for a Nintendo DS development kit and didn't hear back, so he locked himself in with a webcam for a 100 day protest, though after the stunts he pulled later, who knows if any of that was ever real. Around day 21, he started making odd threats. On day 26, he trashed his room and left. I get a little fuzzy here on what he claims happened next, but I think he claimed to be raided by the police and then abducted by aliens.

Three weeks later, he and some friends took a trip to Nintendo World, where he bought a DS Lite, put fake DS game cases for his game on the shelves, scattered business cards all over the floor, and taped posters for his game on the outside window, among other douchery. After that stunt, Nintendo officially denied his request for the development kit. That was three months ago.

The last I heard, about a month ago Bob released a demo that could be played on a DS flash card or emulator and it was actually pretty decent.

And this guy had access to a computer why? I mean I'm not 100% mentally stable, playing video games non-stop and whatnot, but you have really lose it to do that!  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:13 pm
I've been following this story on the game websites I visit for my news and the video game podcasts I listen to. From what I understand, when he locked himself in his room with the webcam then later trashed his room and made up a crazy story about cops and aliens, that he was reenacting something from the story line in his game. I haven't played it, so I can't confirm if this is true or not. But, that still doesn't change the fact that anyone who doesn't know the story of the video game (which would be a lot as the game hasn't been and won't be released) has no idea that this "stunt" wasn't just him being insane. Its a shame he couldn't keep his cool so that we could all have a copy of his game.

Anyone played it? If so, is it true that that was all just part of the storyline of the game? And, is it really any good? I've been trying to find a decent review of it out of curiosity, but keep coming up empty handed.  

gibblebitsy

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items