Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Celebrity News - Who cares? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:54 pm
DioxazinePlum
black_wing_angel
mistercombine
Really, I tend to ignore Celebrity news, as I tend to find said people as more than a bit Eccentric and very VERY shallow. I, instead, ground myself with Theodore Roosevelt. At least he won't commit a scandal in the next twenty four hours.

I try to avoid it, myself. But, since it's ******** EVERYWHERE, it's kinda hard to completely avoid it all.

Yeah I know. You can't go on any major news site without seeing a link to some celebrity crap on the side somewhere.

Or Gaia, for that matter.

"OMG! CHRIS BROWN BEAT UP RIANNAH! your thoughts?"

Seriously, why is that national news?

Although, there is ONE story I followed from beginning to end, the Incarceration of Paris Hilton. I did a friggin' TAP DANCE when I heard that news!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:56 pm
black_wing_angel
DioxazinePlum
black_wing_angel
mistercombine
Really, I tend to ignore Celebrity news, as I tend to find said people as more than a bit Eccentric and very VERY shallow. I, instead, ground myself with Theodore Roosevelt. At least he won't commit a scandal in the next twenty four hours.

I try to avoid it, myself. But, since it's ******** EVERYWHERE, it's kinda hard to completely avoid it all.

Yeah I know. You can't go on any major news site without seeing a link to some celebrity crap on the side somewhere.

Ah haaa see you are guilty just like everyone is from time to time. Celebrity news sells. End of story. While that might mean we are all idiots, its true.

Although, there is ONE story I followed from beginning to end, the Incarceration of Paris Hilton. I did a friggin' TAP DANCE when I heard that news!

Ah haa you are guilty just like the rest of us from time to time. Celebrity news sells, end of story. While that might mean we are all idiots, its true.  

DioxazinePlum

1zn3nhb54oih43loi1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:00 pm
black_wing_angel
DioxazinePlum
black_wing_angel
mistercombine

User Image

Until I heard about that I didn't know who Chris Brown was, and I only knew Riannah by seeing her name listed next to a song.
I don't keep up with celebrity info unless it's looking at a magazine cover while waiting in line at a store.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:05 pm
The Whimsical Box
black_wing_angel
DioxazinePlum
black_wing_angel
mistercombine

User Image

Until I heard about that I didn't know who Chris Brown was, and I only knew Riannah by seeing her name listed next to a song.
I don't keep up with celebrity info unless it's looking at a magazine cover while waiting in line at a store.

User Image

I didn't know who either one of them are. And I wouldn't be the least bit downhearted if I still didn't.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

1zn3nhb54oih43loi1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:07 pm
black_wing_angel
The Whimsical Box
black_wing_angel
DioxazinePlum
black_wing_angel
mistercombine

User Image

User Image

I didn't know who either one of them are. And I wouldn't be the least bit downhearted if I still didn't.
User Image

"Some random guy beat up his girlfriend."
"That's a shame."

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:08 pm
The Whimsical Box

"That's a shame."

User Image

Well I don't know if I'd react to ANY case of domestic abuse quite like that.  

DioxazinePlum

1zn3nhb54oih43loi1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:11 pm
DioxazinePlum
The Whimsical Box

"That's a shame."

User Image

Well I don't know if I'd react to ANY case of domestic abuse quite like that.
User Image

What would you do? It could be someone in China for all you know. Crimes go committed and people are killed every day, but it's only important when it's famous people ;]

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:11 pm
DioxazinePlum
Do you follow celebrity news? Why or why not?

Do you think its an invasion of their privacy or their duty as a public figure?

Are we just a superficial society?

I assume you are talking about America and I cannot speak about any other country.

Plain and simple, we love drama and the very occassional bad news. It actually makes some people feel better about their lives.

The media has gotten lazy and used this an excuse not to get any real news. They need ratings and we love shanigans.  

Elweezy

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:26 pm
Elweezy
DioxazinePlum

I assume you are talking about America and I cannot speak about any other country.

Plain and simple, we love drama and the very occassional bad news. It actually makes some people feel better about their lives.

The media has gotten lazy and used this an excuse not to get any real news. They need ratings and we love shanigans.

That is so true...

I guess, in retrospect, I fall into that, too. But only when it involves people I actually care about. Like the murder of Dimebag Darrell Abbot, and the Chris Benoit double homicide-suicide thing, and all of that.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:05 pm
black_wing_angel
mistercombine

Live in a cave like I do. That helps.  

Archaic Thought
Captain

Aged Phantom

7,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 pm
mistercombine
black_wing_angel
mistercombine

Live in a cave like I do. That helps.

Nah, I prefer central Air.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:29 am
The secret source of humor is not joy but sorrow;

Elweezy
DioxazinePlum

Agreed.

But, gossip shows and websites are a worldwide crap. And feel lucky to be in America. Where I am, I have to stand the rubbish shows from Argentina, and another countries around there. Which are much lamer.

It´s the same subject as in America, but with a third-world mindset.

there is no humor in Heaven. Mark Twain

Donna Cecilia

Romantic Genius

16,050 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:23 pm
Meet Your Mistress

Elweezy
DioxazinePlum

Agreed.

But, gossip shows and websites are a worldwide crap. And feel lucky to be in America. Where I am, I have to stand the rubbish shows from Argentina, and another countries around there. Which are much lamer.

Ouch. And I thought it was bad in America. I can't imagine a "3rd world" perspective...  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:49 pm
black_wing_angel
Meet Your Mistress

Elweezy
DioxazinePlum

Agreed.

Ouch. And I thought it was bad in America. I can't imagine a "3rd world" perspective...

It just seems like... like.... Wow. Probably some news on the "Immoral habits of the Opposition Party". Yeah. Like that.  

Archaic Thought
Captain

Aged Phantom

7,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash