Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:47 pm
DoomNeko
Sunegami
Yeeea, I don't think it's quite the same. Unless you're a Therian.

Different, yet still another of the many faces of discrimination for extremely silly reasons.
It's nowhere near the importance of black man's freedom and respect in modern society, but it's still rather sad when people can lose their roof over something they're interested in.

Not the first time I hear about someone getting kicked out for being furry though - it's happened to a few friends a while back.

I got kicked out of a role play guild here for it. I logged on to see the message, and it said that the person who banned me, provided a reason, all it said was, "FurFag." And I was relating it, I never said it was the same thing.

No, sweatdrop No I'm not a therian. confused  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:24 pm
Rainey_angel81
actually, my dad's side of the family would kick me out their house if they knew I was a furry. They think it's up there with being homosexual

Wow.

I so want to hear of the kid that got kicked out of his house for being a Trekkie.

Selene Aries

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:20 pm
Isaol-the-wolf
A trekkie? as in StarTrek fan? All of their fans are betweent the ages of 23-45 Then It would only make sense for them to get kicked out.

You heartless b*****d, leaving those poor middle aged men on the streets with no real world experience and a wardrobe full of odd looking jump suits! crying It's like you think people should have to move out of their parent's basement/converted to the Enterprise bridge room eventually!

(I'm totally not serious here. Don't worry. razz )  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:46 pm
What, and you think most furries are young? This fandom has been around for 30 years.

Like most sci-fi/fantasy fandoms, we are a mixed bag when it comes to age. As well, you will find plenty of Star Trek fans still in there teens.

Selene Aries

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:56 am
Isaol-the-wolf
A trekkie? as in StarTrek fan? All of their fans are between the ages of 23-45 Then It would only make sense for them to get kicked out.

Generalizations are bad, m'kay? ;3 Not all Trekkies are legal adults. Just like any fandom, there are people of all ages.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:01 am
Isaol-the-wolf
Martin Luther King didn't care if the world was ready for it, Susan B. Anthony didn't care either, they went for what they thought was right, at a time when such things ideas were seen as obscene to the majority of the people. Lets just keep doing what we're doing and until someone gets fired for being a furry, we should just live on.

(The word trolling is being thrown around as if this was the 80's and the word was communist.)

confused Im sorry Diana, I will delete my post then or edit it.

I never said he should stop doing what he does! Or start living life like a "normal" person.

All I did was to point something obvious, and that he needs some patience.

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:28 am
Garek Maxwell
Isaol-the-wolf
A trekkie? as in StarTrek fan? All of their fans are betweent the ages of 23-45 Then It would only make sense for them to get kicked out.

You heartless b*****d, leaving those poor middle aged men on the streets with no real world experience and a wardrobe full of odd looking jump suits! crying It's like you think people should have to move out of their parent's basement/converted to the Enterprise bridge room eventually!

(I'm totally not serious here. Don't worry. razz )

I wouldn't have common sense if I thought you were serious.

To me, I think that star trek won't make new fans at a steep rate, most people don't like jumping in the middle of a series. I usually try and watch the first episodes, and nowadays, I don't think the original StarTrek and it's glorious special effects and costumes appeals to most teenagers. I'll admit I had a hard time watching the older star wars movies because of what it looked like.

Sorry Erik, but you may have quoted the wrong person, If not I didn't mean anything like that.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:35 am
That is the thing about a lot of hard core sci-fi nerds, they tend to appreciate the classics for the sake of being original over something that flashy graphics.

Besides, judging a show, movie, or even a game, based oh the level of graphics and special effects is pretty shallow.

Selene Aries

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:41 am
Diana Aries
That is the thing about a lot of hard core sci-fi nerds, they tend to appreciate the classics for the sake of being original over something that flashy graphics.

Besides, judging a show, movie, or even a game, based oh the level of graphics and special effects is pretty shallow.

confused I'll pm you. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:39 pm
Yeah, so, OP: if you were convicted of a felony, sorry, that does put you at a disadvantage. However, if it was a misdemeanor, it's less to worry about.

Have you got people skills? You might apply to work in a bookstore or something (try to avoid grocery stores or big-box stores if you can), which is at least indoors and with little heavy lifting. Retail isn't glamorous but at least it pays.

If you have computer skills, see if any nearby colleges might be hiring tech support people. You typically don't have to be an expert in network maintenance to get those jobs, since they're geared toward students, after all.

If you have a college degree you could try tutoring students. It would be employment under the table, of course, but it's not like you'd make enough from that you'd have to report it to the IRS, anyway.

[Edit: I know finding a place to stay is also a priority. However, a paycheck is needed for housing.]

Some ideas. What do you think?  

Shaviv

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:19 pm
Diana Aries
Rainey_angel81
actually, my dad's side of the family would kick me out their house if they knew I was a furry. They think it's up there with being homosexual

Wow.

I so want to hear of the kid that got kicked out of his house for being a Trekkie.

well..my dad's side think that any organized fan group is like a cult, they're going to brainwash your mind. Though they are the biggest hypocrites in the world. Sometimes it's comical to have them around  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:10 am
Rainey_angel81
Diana Aries
Rainey_angel81

Wow.

well..my dad's side think that any organized fan group is like a cult, they're going to brainwash your mind. Though they are the biggest hypocrites in the world. Sometimes it's comical to have them around

Hypocrites? O:

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:14 am
[-Erik-]

Hypocrites? O:

They probably belong to an organized religion. Now, those are cults, in my mind. I also do not see fandoms as being really all that organized.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:06 pm
... sweatdrop MmmOkay, lets go to the Principal's Office.  

Isaol-the-wolf

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces