Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
(TOPIC CLOSED!) Low On Chakra: Has America Ruined Naruto? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the American dubbed version?
  Yes
  No
View Results

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:43 pm
fantasydreamer74
*#@$*% I HATE THE DUBBED VERSION, they ruined like everyone's voices! Some are alright, but Naruto!?! Dear lord, BELIEVE IT, SHUT UP!! *bangs head against desk* They made Haku's voice girly too!! Chouji is just ugh! Iruka, come on, just shoot me already! The only good voice is the Hokage, how pathetic! Well there is Konohamaru but that is only good thing the dubbed thing can pull off, both are annoying so it is pretty easy to do his voice. My poor Sasuke's voice....oh dear... Yep Sasuke Fangirl whatever number.
I completly agree with you..im not a sasuke fan though  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:47 pm

*Sasuke's #1 Fanboy* !! x3~
*Waits for Xaria to comment as well*

Reticence

fantasydreamer74

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:33 pm
Sasuke fan boy? Hmm...exactly what do you mean per say? You trying to steal my Sasuke-kun?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:53 pm

Trying to? Oh. Its done x3~
*Kicks you back on topic...*

Reticence

Rum the Bottlemail

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:55 pm
Naruto's voice makes me want to beat myself with a bat...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:55 pm
Reticence

akaritori

The voices aren't really all that bad...

Answer to your arguments - they aren't allowed to show these kind of stuff on TV. children are watching it. if they did have it, it would probably be forced to be taken off TV.

First off. I think that one of the major components to the fact of why I dont care for the voices (besides being used to the japanese ones) is a hint of jealousy. If only I could dub for Sasuke << Haha. I can dream though...

Second, That is why I brought up the fact of Toonami. I think it would have been wiser to bring it into a time slot that fit in with Adult Swim's material. I know they have enough shows as it is, and that it wouldnt get too much younger aged attention as other time periods, but it would probably make more people happy (if you were one of those who hated the changes made).. But I find it humorous when they have a nosebleed and all you see are the tissues lodged in there head.

- - -

Hm... I guess your right. the "believe it" thing also bothers me, bueh...
It would be nice if I was a voice actor as well XD

Akaritori

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:23 pm
Oh and to all of you that say that Naruto's voice sounds like a nine year old let me tell you something. HE PRACTACLY IS A NINE YEAR OLD SO GET THE F*** OVER IT. And I recently heard Haku's voice and I have to say its reallyn well done, it dosent sound girly to me, to me it has the same gender ambiguity as the rest of him.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:09 pm

Does naruto's voice remind anyone of a past child character on DBZ? Heh...

Reticence

squalltheknight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:28 am
yeah...naruto is awesome...but as all other things that come to america...the dubbing and editing kinda kills it...so when it comes to american naruto...ill stick to the manga...well...unless the dvds that come out will indeed have the japanese version aswell...as im sure everyone here has their fingers crossed for...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:03 pm

Manga is always good... I like it better for the fact that the voices are as you prefer them. Never flourishing in disappointment because of the pitch or pronounciation for they are from your point of view after all. But I still stick to Anime for the fact that its animated, has music, etc etc. Their personality stands out much more than words on paper I think. But when it comes to the American version, Id rather be watching the original. Heh.

Thanks again for all your feedback!!

Reticence

Tokio Rocker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:51 pm
the american version of naruto pronounces so many words wrongly, for example: the name Naruto is pronounced wrong almost every time they say it (which is like every 5 minutes)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:33 am
First off, I'm going to say that I'm not one of those anti-dub people out there who always automatically assume that if something is dubbed and put on American television, it's crap (which is usually the case... sweatdrop ).

But ANYWAY, the dub is tolerable to me, to a point. I'm going to keep on watching my fansubs. The English voices bother me, except for a handful. And I hate how they pronounce some of the names. The really big pet peeve for me is how they translated some of the techniques. I seriously think "Shadow Replication Jutsu!" sounds funny. Of course, the people who aren't familiar with the original version in Japanese are not going to know what the heck "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" is supposed to mean, but I think they should've translated the ENTIRE technique.

Grand Fireball Jutsu my a**. stare

I also don't like the way they edited certain things. The KISS! My PRECIOUS SasuNaru kiss! crying And blood in movement. I think Adult Swim would've been a better block to show it on rather than Toonami. At least they could've left some of that stuff in then.

If I hear "believe it!" one more time, I think I'm going to have to hurt someone.

A Magicians Smile

A Magicians Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:36 am
Reticence

*Sasuke's #1 Fanboy* !! x3~
*Waits for Xaria to comment as well*

*Sasuke's #1 Fangirl* !! x3

I'm a girl, BTW. I just have a guy avi. My main account is Ashli-chan 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:36 pm
Dude, Haku's voice is girly in the JV anyways. Naruto is a boy going through ouberty, and Sasuke's voice actually sounds better.

Yes, Iruka's voice does suck, and Naruto's VA isn't very good either, but they're nothing to b***h about.

Also, "Believe it" is just like saying "dattebayo". I'm sure if we were all natively Japanese, that would annoy us just as much. But it's still what he says. Believe it is in there BECAUSE of dattebayo.

The names aren't pronounced wrong, on a whole. Kakashi is, yeah, but Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto, Zabuza, and Haku are fine. It just so happens it's not the actor's first language. At least they're trying.  

Captain Verd

squalltheknight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:57 pm
Captain Verd
Dude, Haku's voice is girly in the JV anyways. Naruto is a boy going through ouberty, and Sasuke's voice actually sounds better.

Yes, Iruka's voice does suck, and Naruto's VA isn't very good either, but they're nothing to b***h about.

Also, "Believe it" is just like saying "dattebayo". I'm sure if we were all natively Japanese, that would annoy us just as much. But it's still what he says. Believe it is in there BECAUSE of dattebayo.

The names aren't pronounced wrong, on a whole. Kakashi is, yeah, but Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto, Zabuza, and Haku are fine. It just so happens it's not the actor's first language. At least they're trying.
but naruto doesnt say "dattebayo" all as often as "believe it" i mean..i only remember a few times spanning through episodes 130-158  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff