Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Blabber
ARGUMENT CLUB Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:26 am
Fresnel
Quote:
oh yeah...and you are WRONG the pope is younger than hallmark by at least a couple of days...still feel better than me smarty pants?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hallmark -> paper greeting cards -> paper -> Starwars was written on paper -> Starwars was written by George Lucas -> George Lucas was a writer -> writers use paper -> paper -> WRITERS USE PAPER -> George Lucas is a writer -> George Lucas wrote his first film Look at Life years before Starwars
And back a few years....  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:20 am
so that's how you want to roll huh? pictorial argument...well here then, i submit my source that, not only were hallmark were in b4 pope, but that the greetings card industry invented religion to boost sales:

User Image  

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:26 am
and @magmayoshi...pssht i didn't need to look it up it's common knowledge that teh pope is in his 80's to people outside of the US where we get superior news  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:26 am
village midget
and @magmayoshi...pssht i didn't need to look it up it's common knowledge that teh pope is in his 80's to people outside of the US where we get superior news
Like what, The Sun?  

Fresnel

Citizen

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:27 am
magmayoshi
Fresnel
Quote:
oh yeah...and you are WRONG the pope is younger than hallmark by at least a couple of days...still feel better than me smarty pants?

Hallmark -> paper greeting cards -> paper -> Starwars was written on paper -> Starwars was written by George Lucas -> George Lucas was a writer -> writers use paper -> paper -> WRITERS USE PAPER -> George Lucas is a writer -> George Lucas wrote his first film Look at Life years before Starwars
And back a few years....
That was terrible. You only proved that paper was around before Star Wars, though it should be noted that Star Wars was a HISTORICAL DOCUMENTARY. It took place 'a long time ago' even when it was written. As such, Star Wars is older than paper.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:30 am
village midget
so that's how you want to roll huh? pictorial argument...well here then, i submit my source that, not only were hallmark were in b4 pope, but that the greetings card industry invented religion to boost sales:

User Image
Bosley Bobbers is only five or six years old. I'M older than that, and the Pope is older than me. Thus, the pope is most certainly older than that bobblehead. Though that should be obvious, because a prophetic bobblehead of a man not born yet would be ******** CREEPY.

Just for the record though, it looks nothing like him.  

Fresnel

Citizen

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:14 am
Fresnel
five or six years old. I'M older than that

i don't believe you. razz

fresnel
a prophetic bobblehead of a man not born yet would be ******** CREEPY.

hahahahahAHAHAHAHAHA

fresnel

that's because it's the last one...not the current one, anyway who gives a monkey's about the pope? i see you have managed to deflect from the argument at hand...very clever (no prizes though)

every country in the world has better access to news than the USA...the USA simply contemplates it's own navel.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:35 am
village midget
Fresnel
five or six years old. I'M older than that

i don't believe you. razz

fresnel
a prophetic bobblehead of a man not born yet would be ******** CREEPY.

hahahahahAHAHAHAHAHA

fresnel

that's because it's the last one...not the current one, anyway who gives a monkey's about the pope? i see you have managed to deflect from the argument at hand...very clever (no prizes though)

every country in the world has better access to news than the USA...the USA simply contemplates it's own navel.
Counterpoint: due to the internet, the whole planet has access to the SAME news (except China). I can read the Moscow Times just as easily as Fox News.

Wait a second, the last Pope was John Paul.  

Fresnel

Citizen

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:21 pm
in theory you could have got that news before the internet if you had tried hard enough...but that's really the point, to get news online you have to be proactive...and i don't think any of you can be bothered.
to get news at home it comes through the front door in printed form or it beams into your living room on tv, the US is famous for its introverted perspective US media reflects only the US, unlike the bbc, channel four, itn, the times, the guardian, the independant, the observer etc etc...we get all the news here in the uk because our public demand it, we are smart enough to see the importance... so either you guys are really vain, totally silly or you are really lazy. which is it?

(oh no *kicks own shin* er, that's a typo on the bobblehead btw)  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:30 pm
village midget
in theory you could have got that news before the internet if you had tried hard enough...but that's really the point, to get news online you have to be proactive...and i don't think any of you can be bothered.
to get news at home it comes through the front door in printed form or it beams into your living room on tv, the US is famous for its introverted perspective US media reflects only the US, unlike the bbc, channel four, itn, the times, the guardian, the independant, the observer etc etc...we get all the news here in the uk because our public demand it, we are smart enough to see the importance... so either you guys are really vain, totally silly or you are really lazy. which is it?

It's no harder to go to moscowtimes.com than it is to go to washingtonpost.com. And remember, you have to PAY for the print version. The online version is free.

See, that's because the USA is better than you. We're the best, so we only need news about us and thing which could directly affect us. You need news about us too, which is why you get international news. We're international to the rest of the world. Sure we get some of the bigger stories from out of country, like Swine Flu in Mexico or pirates in Somalia, but that's because they affect Americans. Americans get Swine Flu, American sailors get shot at by Somali pirates... If it only affects you, we don't give a s**t. The only reason we get news about Darfur and that kind of s**t is the ******** California hippies pretend to care.  

Fresnel

Citizen

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:32 am
omfg i can't believe you sound proud of that!

s.e.l.f.i.s.h  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:46 am
Fresnel
village midget

It's no harder to go to moscowtimes.com than it is to go to washingtonpost.com. And remember, you have to PAY for the print version. The online version is free.

See, that's because the USA is better than you. We're the best, so we only need news about us and thing which could directly affect us.

Quote:
You need news about us too, which is why you get international news. We're international to the rest of the world. Sure we get some of the bigger stories from out of country, like Swine Flu in Mexico or pirates in Somalia, but that's because they affect Americans. Americans get Swine Flu, American sailors get shot at by Somali pirates... If it only affects you, we don't give a s**t. The only reason we get news about Darfur and that kind of s**t is the ******** California hippies pretend to care.

Definitely. ******** hippies, man. Smoking up all the weed, and claiming that shitty bands are gods. ******** hippies!

As far as American pride is concerned, though, I do have a suggestion.

The Statue of Liberty, a gift to us from France. Yes, France. I say we cut the torch off of the statue, and replace it with the TRUE symbol of American pride, the "One Gun Salute!"

Not only 1-up the fruity french, by "improving" what they gave us, but show the REST of the world what we think of them, at the same time!

Welcome to America, ********!  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:12 am
black_wing_angel

The Statue of Liberty, a gift to us from France. Yes, France. I say we cut the torch off of the statue, and replace it with the TRUE symbol of American pride, the "One Gun Salute!"

Not only 1-up the fruity french, by "improving" what they gave us, but show the REST of the world what we think of them, at the same time!

Welcome to America, ******** class="clear">

rofl LMFAO!

but seriously wtf do you have against hippies? hippies are the voice of reason fighting tyrants and corporate greed....

...and speaking of greed, i've just come from the ed (mistake much? lol) and a thread about oversized clothing has really got my dander up. What the ******** is wrong with fat people? i'm not talking about the minority of obese people who are that way because of medical whatevers, i'm talking about the millions of obese people who are just ******** greedy!

fat people need to eat less and move around more, they also need to stop ******** whining and lying to themselves that they can't help it. lazy gluttons.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:31 am
village midget
black_wing_angel

rofl LMFAO!

but seriously wtf do you have against hippies? hippies are the voice of reason fighting tyrants and corporate greed....
The voice of reason is less reasonable when constantly blazed.

Quote:
...and speaking of greed, i've just come from the ed (mistake much? lol) and a thread about oversized clothing has really got my dander up. What the ******** is wrong with fat people? i'm not talking about the minority of obese people who are that way because of medical whatevers, i'm talking about the millions of obese people who are just ******** greedy!

fat people need to eat less and move around more, they also need to stop ******** whining and lying to themselves that they can't help it. lazy gluttons.
And the ******** clothing companies need to stop catering to the fat ********. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find pants in 32x34? ******** hell, that's not even a hard number to believe. I can find 36x34, 32x32, but NEVER 32x34.  

Fresnel

Citizen

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:52 am
Fresnel
village midget
black_wing_angel

rofl LMFAO!

The voice of reason is less reasonable when constantly blazed.

Quote:

And the ******** clothing companies need to stop catering to the fat ********. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find pants in 32x34? ******** hell, that's not even a hard number to believe. I can find 36x34, 32x32, but NEVER 32x34.

fresnel you are doing it wrong, we are not supposed to agree razz lo...ahem...l whilst i see your problem with sizing you are wrong...the clothing companies MUST continue to cater for them, they must remain clothed!

and being stoned doesn't render someone unreasonable, besides "the man" is frequently in the bathroom tooting coke...what's your point?  
Blabber

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff