Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
Great Books, Suggestions, and Reveiws. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MaisSkyss

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:47 pm
The Prince, by Machiavelli. Fourteenth century book about politics. Only about one hundred book pages long, I really like it. It talks about what not to do when it comes to ruling a country.

Anybody writing any book with royals and war, this is a must-read.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:55 pm
I have to suggest Amelia Atwater-Rhodes stories. They are all short stories, but very good. I have yet to read all of them, unfortunatly. Her first few are vampire stories, and then there is the Hawksong series which is about warring shapeshifters. There is a definate Romeo & Juliet factor, only without the characters dieing at the end. Over all, it's a very addicting read.

I also enjoyed Theif Lord by C. Funke. Her book, Dragon Rider, is good, but for younger readers. There is also Inkheart by her, which I have yet to read.  

Zenai_Metos

eucatastrophe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:22 am
Probably three of my favorite books ever, I really liked "His Dark Materials" trilogy by Phillip Pullman. It's one of these things where the characters go to alternate realities. The three books are "The Golden Compass", "The Subtle Knife", and "The Amber Spyglass".

Another book I actually really liked (and this is surprising because I rarely like books I have to read for school) was "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:07 am
Starlightniing
Probably three of my favorite books ever, I really liked "His Dark Materials" trilogy by Phillip Pullman. It's one of these things where the characters go to alternate realities. The three books are "The Golden Compass", "The Subtle Knife", and "The Amber Spyglass".

Another book I actually really liked (and this is surprising because I rarely like books I have to read for school) was "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.
Yay! To kill a Mockingbird, It's playing at the Stratford Festival this year! ^.^  

Anneechin23

Cubcub_471

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:52 am
Without question, I would say my favourite books are The Bartimeaus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud.
The Amulet of Samarkand, The Golem's Eye and Ptolemy's Gate.
If you had a checklist for the perfect book this trilogy would tick every box and more.
They're urban fantasies, set in modern London about magicians, parliament and demons. They're just absolutely fantastic. Stroud is one of the most amazing writers I have ever seen. (He came to my local bookshop once, and I missed him stressed emo ) The characters are unique and beautifully developed. The storyline is excellent, the plot is great. It is absolutely hilarious as well, without making comedy its main point.
I used to be an avid reader, but once I read those books I haven't read as much. These books are so completely perfect that there is no other piece of writing that could compare. Stroud deserves to be named one of the best authors on Earth, he really does.

The Writing on the Wall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff