Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Marijuana Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Legalize it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Zambimaru

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:44 pm
I don't have a problem with legalizing it. But I think it should be treated like alcohol. Can only be smoked in certain places, can't be under the influence and drive or work, have to be a certain age to smoke it, etc  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:54 pm
Zambimaru
I don't have a problem with legalizing it. But I think it should be treated like alcohol. Can only be smoked in certain places, can't be under the influence and drive or work, have to be a certain age to smoke it, etc

Oh, there's no question that it would be highly restricted, as alcohol is.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:22 pm
In honest truth I hate the fact that people use it because most of the people that I talk to that do smoke tell me that they use it to escape reality. If a problem is in front of you, turning your back to it does not mean it just disappears.

There's also the question "why do it all?" Seriously.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:33 pm
Hydra Alpharius
In honest truth I hate the fact that people use it because most of the people that I talk to that do smoke tell me that they use it to escape reality. If a problem is in front of you, turning your back to it does not mean it just disappears.

Everyone has some form of escape why restrict this one? Or your gaia usage. There are lot of more damaging ways to escape than marijuana, unless you believe scare tactics. Like that new fangled thing called the interwebs that contains gaia.

And that question applies to everything. Like gaia.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:38 pm
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius

Everyone has some form of escape why restrict this one? Or your gaia usage. There are lot of more damaging ways to escape than marijuana, unless you believe scare tactics. Like that new fangled thing called the interwebs that contains gaia.

lol..qft  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:48 pm
black_wing_angel

I'm not saying it can't cause problems. Hell, ALCOHOL can do that. I have a friend that, just last night, got so wasted drunk, that he got paranoid that his girlfriend was sleeping around on him, and threatened to kill her if she ever tries anything "again".

ANYTHING taken in a high enough dosage, can be very detrimental. Hell, even drinking too much WATER can kill you.

There's a level of personal responsibility involved, as there is with alcohol.

However, unlike alcohol, the addictive properties of marijuana are STRICTLY PSYCHOSOMATIC. It is not chemically addictive, as alcohol is.

of course, i was responding really only to your comment regarding psychosis linked to pot and putting it out there that it does happen...and it is entirely possible to become emotionally dependant on anything psychosomsatic, the power of the mind and the consequences of altering it shouldn't be underestimated. having said that you are of course correct about personal responsibility, and i would want some evidence to show that the general population would take enough responsibility for themselves not to ******** themselves up...i don't trust them.

blackwing
midget
black_wing_angel

Actually, it would be taxed, just as tobacco is.

what is the advantage to smokers of legalising it then if it is going to go up with inflation? like you said it is already easily available...

"Easily", but not "safely". There's no guarantee that you'll survive the transaction, if the dealer decides to swindle you, and, instead of weed, give you a bullet, or knife, to the chest, for your money. Also, they could easily charge you triple what they paid to get it, in the first place.

At least one wouldn't have to worry about such things, buying it from a legitimate store, for a REGULATED price. I figure, for someone who wants to smoke a little weed, there's no reason to go through such dangers.

ok, point taken.

blackwing angel

And for the record, I have never, and have no intention to ever, smoke weed. But I do support it's legality, just the same.

The closest I came to smoking weed, was being at a Metallica concert, and the guy right in front of me lit one up, and I can't quite hold my breath for a 2 hour show.

fair enough, if it ever is made legal i won't be upset...i guess i'm indifferent really *realises this is a ******** useless statement in a debate, shuffles away*  

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:55 pm
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius

Well in all honesty the better solution would be to face your problems head on would it not? Oh and for the sake of keeping a mature conversation, keep your font the same size throughout the entirety of your paragraph.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:07 pm
Hydra Alpharius
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius

Well in all honesty the better solution would be to face your problems head on would it not? Oh and for the sake of keeping a mature conversation, keep your font the same size throughout the entirety of your paragraph.

Yup but nobody does that fully. If you are using to escape from part you might as well fix that part, is the way I look at it but not all parts can be fixed without ******** something else up. Escapism is a compromise required for sanity really.
I see nothing wrong with breaking up the seriousness of the thread and emphasizing parts of it like it's said under my breath. Your overly serious demeanor might be less healthy than marijuana if it's this brutal all the time.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:15 pm
Hydra Alpharius
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius

blimey, i suspect you need more joy in your life...  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:17 pm
village midget
Hydra Alpharius
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius

blimey, i suspect you need more joy in your life...

Exactly what I was thinking >>;  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:32 pm
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius

Yup but nobody does that fully. If you are using to escape from part you might as well fix that part, is the way I look at it but not all parts can be fixed without ******** something else up. Escapism is a compromise required for sanity really.
I see nothing wrong with breaking up the seriousness of the thread and emphasizing parts of it like it's said under my breath. Your overly serious demeanor might be less healthy than marijuana if it's this brutal all the time.

Right and from what I remember, this is a serious discussion guild. I leave all of my "non-serious" talk in the CB and I suggest the same to you. Besides, some things dont easily translate into text, like you saying things under your breath. Oh and by the way (and this goes to village midget as well) Im a very happy person and my life has taken an unbelievable turn for the best and nothing, alcohol,weed, or any drug, helped me get there. And thats my personal story.

Now back on topic. Every problem has a solution and I dont think that facing the problem would cause more problems and even if thats the case, turning your back to it would seem to cause more problems then from the beginning. Now sincerely, if one depends on a plant for happiness and tranquility, I couldn't even begin to imagine what would happen if it suddenly disappeared. Peoples lack of self sufficiency is what makes the world grind oh so slowly. Now Marijuana used for medical purposes is a different story and I highly support that. Why? Because its actually benefiting the person.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:55 pm
Hydra Alpharius
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius

Right and from what I remember, this is a serious discussion guild. I leave all of my "non-serious" talk in the CB and I suggest the same to you. Besides, some things dont easily translate into text, like you saying things under your breath. Oh and by the way (and this goes to village midget as well) Im a very happy person and my life has taken an unbelievable turn for the best and nothing, alcohol,weed, or any drug, helped me get there. And thats my personal story.

ok sorry, no offense intended.
there is no reason why humour and visual aids cannnot enhance a serious discussion by the way, it is a common practice in serious academic lectures, politics and all grave areas of thought - so why not in a discourse forum online? Magmayoshi was addressing the topic at hand and using humour to make his point which i think he did very succinctly...and i'm sure we can agree the small text and it's content read as subtext at the very least...anyway i have no wish to drag the thread off topic further...  

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Besides, some things dont easily translate into text, like you saying things under your breath.

That's why I add emphasis that otherwise would be completely lost.

Hydra Alpharius
Right and from what I remember, this is a serious discussion guild. I leave all of my "non-serious" talk in the CB and I suggest the same to you.

Quote:
Tired of dealing with the GD and ED forums? Join this guild to have both serious and light-hearted conversation

I do both at once! This is the guild thesis essentially due to it being on the front page and all. The guild's not a completely serious discussion place as much as a place for the more serious regulars to keep their sanity. Humor making a point is serious humor anyways. We should probably drop this talk since it's irrelevant to the topic and if I wanted war I'd go to the thread here for that or ED.

Hydra Alpharius
Oh and by the way (and this goes to village midget as well) Im a very happy person and my life has taken an unbelievable turn for the best and nothing, alcohol,weed, or any drug, helped me get there. And thats my personal story.

I care why? I've never had any of those things and I'm almost content as well, I just have goals that will take time. You just have that can't crack a smile attitude is what our issue is with.

Hydra Alpharius
Now back on topic. Every problem has a solution and I dont think that facing the problem would cause more problems and even if thats the case, turning your back to it would seem to cause more problems then from the beginning. Now sincerely, if one depends on a plant for happiness and tranquility, I couldn't even begin to imagine what would happen if it suddenly disappeared. Peoples lack of self sufficiency is what makes the world grind oh so slowly. Now Marijuana used for medical purposes is a different story and I highly support that. Why? Because its actually benefiting the person.

Eh? Some problems are most safely solved by focusing on other things more important till the problem solves itself. Sometimes fighting will only make it more ******** up. Okay so using it for pain fabricated by your mind is somehow better than using it for medical jargon pain fabricated by your mind? The people who truly desire happiness and tranquility will get it with or without a plant's help. I just don't see how making the general population (who fail at happiness without frequent escapism) more miserable to be around, makes you happier....  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:06 pm
village midget
Hydra Alpharius
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius

ok sorry, no offense intended.
there is no reason why humour and visual aids cannnot enhance a serious discussion by the way, it is a common practice in serious academic lectures, politics and all grave areas of thought - so why not in a discourse forum online? Magmayoshi was addressing the topic at hand and using humour to make his point which i think he did very succinctly...and i'm sure we can agree the small text and it's content read as subtext at the very least...anyway i have no wish to drag the thread off topic further...

Non taken at all. Just figured I'd let you know.

I realize what you're saying but I felt like that comment seemed a bit childish. I didn't read it as that because after dealing with so many people in the CB that use small text as a way to annoy people and troll I couldn't tell the difference. That's a mistake on my part.  

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:18 pm
Hydra Alpharius
I didn't read it as that because after dealing with so many people in the CB that use small text as a way to annoy people and troll I couldn't tell the difference. That's a mistake on my part.

That's understandable. I never do anything without a point to it but I don't mind this misunderstanding since now you know. 3nodding  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff