Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Blabber
Generic gaming thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Curse

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:13 am
Fresnel
Silver Screen
The Curse
I suck at console FPS.

WHERE IS MY WASD WHERE!?!?

I don't see how in the flying balls anybody can be decent at PC FPS. The only PC game I can think of that I was partially good at in regards to shooting was Carnivores, and that's because I cheated. The T-Rex was never an easy kill - had to shoot 'em in the eyes and the only realistic way of doing that is hopping over the lava.

Speaking of dinosaurs, where the ******** is my egg update? Evolve, b***h.
Yeah, it's tough with a mouse. 'S why I like Marathon. It was the very FIRST game with mouse-look, so they realized that you're going to suck at it and made it optional. I use the WASD keys to look and the arrow keys for movement. It works out fairly well. Most creatures are on eye-level anyway.

I couldn't do that.

The mouse lets me turn quickly or slowly as I need, and aim much more precisely. If it weren't for the mouse & keyboard, I'd be a living ragequit when it came to FPS.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:10 pm
The Curse
Fresnel
Silver Screen
The Curse
I suck at console FPS.

WHERE IS MY WASD WHERE!?!?

I don't see how in the flying balls anybody can be decent at PC FPS. The only PC game I can think of that I was partially good at in regards to shooting was Carnivores, and that's because I cheated. The T-Rex was never an easy kill - had to shoot 'em in the eyes and the only realistic way of doing that is hopping over the lava.

Speaking of dinosaurs, where the ******** is my egg update? Evolve, b***h.
Yeah, it's tough with a mouse. 'S why I like Marathon. It was the very FIRST game with mouse-look, so they realized that you're going to suck at it and made it optional. I use the WASD keys to look and the arrow keys for movement. It works out fairly well. Most creatures are on eye-level anyway.

I couldn't do that.

The mouse lets me turn quickly or slowly as I need, and aim much more precisely. If it weren't for the mouse & keyboard, I'd be a living ragequit when it came to FPS.
Between the primitive AI, complete lack of ramps, and general flatness of the Marathon games, I'd be surprised if there was a level you couldn't beat without looking up or down. Side to side looking is generally quick enough with the keys that nothing is really lost. I guess I've just learned to play it without the mouse and that's how it is for me.

Also, I have a trackpad. I've learned to deal, but I still suck.  

Fresnel

Citizen

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:04 pm
exclaim WORST GAME AWARD: exclaim
~*~ dead rising ~*~

Seriously, I just attempted to play. Worst game I have ever even touched in my entire life. EVER.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:12 pm
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Oh, and I also happen to love the Guilty Gear franchise of video games, too.
User Image

Who the ******** plays Guilty Gear any more? I mean ******** hate Axl. Always played Slayer.

Yeah, I generally avoid Axl. But put me in the control of:

Ky Kiske = You're probably ********. (I'm good with him)

Chip Zanuff = You might be ******** Kuradoberi = HA! YOU GOT BEAT BY A GIRL!

Anyone else = fair game.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:45 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
User Image

Who the ******** plays Guilty Gear any more? I mean ******** hate Axl. Always played Slayer.

Anyone else = fair game.
Axl has a ******** ridiculous reach on him. Goddamn kusarigama. Oh, and Jam. GOD she has an annoying voice.

Hah! Ky. Noob deluxe. He can be played by a noob with decent results, and can be played by an expert with devastating results. He's got a strange curve like that.

xd I once played Potemkin against Chip. Almost won... in a single hit. Then I got whupped.

I always played Slayer, and occasionally Faust. I was never much good with Faust though. He's an expert-only player.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:50 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
User Image

Anyone else = fair game.
Axl has a ******** ridiculous reach on him. Goddamn kusarigama. Oh, and Jam. GOD she has an annoying voice.

Hah! Ky. Noob deluxe. He can be played by a noob with decent results, and can be played by an expert with devastating results. He's got a strange curve like that.

xd I once played Potemkin against Chip. Almost won... in a single hit. Then I got whupped.

I always played Slayer, and occasionally Faust. I was never much good with Faust though. He's an expert-only player.

Dude, even EXPERTS suck with faust. His moves are too unpredictable to be reliable. I generally just do common combos, and pray to god it does something useful.

And I like Jam's voice. And I'll admit, I wouldn't mind hearing what her "orgasm" voice sounds like. Although she already sounds like she's orgasming, half the fight. Still, I like it. User Image

Slayer's alright, but a bit annoying, at times. Put me in control of Eddie (formerly Zato 1), and we have ourselves a 50/50. I can generally do pretty good with him, but I WAAAAAAY too easily forget what combos do what.

Zappa...I'm probably ******** before the fight even starts. He's so goddamn hard to figure out...

May...I won't be happy until you've been trampled by the Jellyfish Pirates. I just think that instant kill is too ******** cute!  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:29 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
User Image

Anyone else = fair game.

Dude, even EXPERTS suck with faust. His moves are too unpredictable to be reliable. I generally just do common combos, and pray to god it does something useful.

And I like Jam's voice. And I'll admit, I wouldn't mind hearing what her "orgasm" voice sounds like. Although she already sounds like she's orgasming, half the fight. Still, I like it. User Image

Slayer's alright, but a bit annoying, at times. Put me in control of Eddie (formerly Zato 1), and we have ourselves a 50/50. I can generally do pretty good with him, but I WAAAAAAY too easily forget what combos do what.

Zappa...I'm probably ******** before the fight even starts. He's so goddamn hard to figure out...

May...I won't be happy until you've been trampled by the Jellyfish Pirates. I just think that instant kill is too ******** cute!
I've played an extremely formidable Faust before. A good player with quick reflexes can kick some mighty serious ******** Jam... sounds like they took the most annoyingly high-pitched girlvoice they could find and gave her helium.

Haha, I once won a match against Eddie with Slayer and the circle button. Pinned him against a wall and shoulder-bashed him until he died. That was playing against the state champion. xd

I hate Zappa, not just because his ghosts suck, but because he PUKES from his SPINE. Though even Raou isn't unbeatable. I did it once, 'cos I got lucky. Mach punch dives in farther than Raou can reach, and Zappa was already mostly dead.

MAY IS SO ******** ADORABLE. That much cute should not be legal to put into one character.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:55 pm
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
User Image

Anyone else = fair game.

I've played an extremely formidable Faust before. A good player with quick reflexes can kick some mighty serious ******** Jam... sounds like they took the most annoyingly high-pitched girlvoice they could find and gave her helium.

Haha, I once won a match against Eddie with Slayer and the circle button. Pinned him against a wall and shoulder-bashed him until he died. That was playing against the state champion. xd

I hate Zappa, not just because his ghosts suck, but because he PUKES from his SPINE. Though even Raou isn't unbeatable. I did it once, 'cos I got lucky. Mach punch dives in farther than Raou can reach, and Zappa was already mostly dead.

MAY IS SO ******** ADORABLE. That much cute should not be legal to put into one character.

User Image

Oh yes, ***** all over the world probably wank to May. She's adorable! But...someone that young, who can actively wield a heavy ******** anchor for a weapon, like it's paper mache....um...I don't think you want to piss her off...

Dizzy, now there's an a** kicking waiting to happen. especially with that move of hers, that's unavoidable, that takes the full momentum bar to execute. ******** WIN!

And Jam, I think they just used the same girl that voiced Pikachu.

Testament...well, he can piss me off sometimes, when he plants one of those "traps". They catch me off guard ******** I guess that's kinda the point.

Potemkin. Well, He's fun to play with. You have to respect a guy that powerful. And I'd love to see him go up against Zangief, one time!

Guilty Gear Vs Capcom!  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:41 am
Silver Screen
~*~ dead rising ~*~

Seriously, I just attempted to play. Worst game I have ever even touched in my entire life. EVER.

You obviously haven't played many games >o>  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:44 pm
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
~*~ dead rising ~*~

Name it and I've probably played it at some point in my life.

The game mechanics in Dead Rising are just terrible.  

Kuchen Fairy

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:11 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

Anyone else = fair game.

User Image

Oh yes, ***** all over the world probably wank to May. She's adorable! But...someone that young, who can actively wield a heavy ******** anchor for a weapon, like it's paper mache....um...I don't think you want to piss her off...

Dizzy, now there's an a** kicking waiting to happen. especially with that move of hers, that's unavoidable, that takes the full momentum bar to execute. ******** WIN!

And Jam, I think they just used the same girl that voiced Pikachu.

Testament...well, he can piss me off sometimes, when he plants one of those "traps". They catch me off guard ******** I guess that's kinda the point.

Potemkin. Well, He's fun to play with. You have to respect a guy that powerful. And I'd love to see him go up against Zangief, one time!

Guilty Gear Vs Capcom!
Man, now you're making me want to play it again. I don't have it for PS2 though, I have a cracked PC version... and no PC. FFFFF-

Also, you'll probably find this amusing:

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:13 pm
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
~*~ dead rising ~*~

You know what bugs me?

Low weapon count
Low level count
Constant reliance on ******** douchebags (aka other players)  

Fresnel

Citizen

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:44 pm
You know what game I miss? Mario's Time Machine. Totally underrated.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:12 pm
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
~*~ dead rising ~*~

Not really, they just make absolutely no sense what-so ever. Play Atari's ET, any game involving big rigs or play any one released glitched so it is unbeatable. Believe me there are countless worse games.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:17 pm
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
~*~ dead rising ~*~

Not really, they just make absolutely no sense what-so ever. Play Atari's ET, any game involving big rigs or play any one released glitched so it is unbeatable. Believe me there are countless worse games.

Okay, I'll admit s**t like Fable II where the bugs can actually make the game unbeatable are annoying. But Dead Rising is just a terrible sandbox game.  
Blabber

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff