Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
dating and Islam Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

0_o___V

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:56 pm
okay Tassan the clothing you gave for the man was kinda out there... that clothing is not required by men to wear... and the whole reason a woman is to cover herself is because she is not disrespected. If one sees a woman in tight clothes that show her curves a man might notice, but if the women is wearing loose clothes and covering herself it is very unlikely the man will look at her in a lustful way. And men don't have to cover themselves like women b/c men aren't as pretty has women. And plus most men cover the parts women are attracted to. So they do their covering. Men and women aren't the same. We we have rights in God's eyes but we have different roles and obviously differnt looks. So both have their own requirements of purdah.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:27 pm
tassan
divineseraph
But I know they are there. Admittedly, on that example I don't want to know as she is a bit older than my liking.

Age does not matter when it comes to cloths, well not in Islam.

divineseraph
And even then, what is wrong with wearing clothes that use the body as a form in a composition rather than hiding it behind a shapeless mass?

as i said a female should not show her body to unknown men/women even if it is cover with the cloth as body shape, men are so lustful that they fall for it as well XD (you can't disagree with that) well except if they are asexual or gay XD

divineseraph
Why don't men need to wear cloaks like that to cover their dirty, dirty hands and faces?

Now that is a bit sensible question, Man should wear this clothing, this is what is recommended for a man like those cloaks are recommended for woman, this covers their dirty hands, and now when it comes about veil, the thing is that man are common out of their homes and do not face females most therefore its not necessary but its obligatory for a man to lower his gaze and same is for woman when they face each other.

divineseraph
And then still, it seems to be more a problem with the people if they would get thrown into a sex frenzy over a simple look in the eye. That sounds like THEIR problem with lust, not the woman's.

Ahh its BOTH's problem not only the one who sees, if the woman covers it the man would not fall for it at the first place.

You would get wood over a naked old woman? Wow, someone has problems, and it's not me.

So then, should men cover themselves to stop the "sinful" ways of homosexuals gawking at their bulging man-meat? I mean, if the idea of covering a woman is to keep men from committing a crime from their arousal, doesn't it make sense- No, MORE sense, to cover men to keep homosexuals from getting their even "worse" ideas?

And why? Why must they not look in the eyes? It is a problem with the PEOPLE if they are so easily messed up mentally. That's not a healthy state, when you get dangerously aroused by looking in the eyes of someone. And that is a state CAUSED by laws which make such things appear sexual and taboo.

And no. It's the problem of the person who views something neutral as an extreme.  

divineseraph

0_o___V

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:15 pm
divineseraph
tassan
divineseraph
But I know they are there. Admittedly, on that example I don't want to know as she is a bit older than my liking.

divineseraph
And even then, what is wrong with wearing clothes that use the body as a form in a composition rather than hiding it behind a shapeless mass?

as i said a female should not show her body to unknown men/women even if it is cover with the cloth as body shape, men are so lustful that they fall for it as well XD (you can't disagree with that) well except if they are asexual or gay XD

divineseraph
Why don't men need to wear cloaks like that to cover their dirty, dirty hands and faces?

Now that is a bit sensible question, Man should wear this clothing, this is what is recommended for a man like those cloaks are recommended for woman, this covers their dirty hands, and now when it comes about veil, the thing is that man are common out of their homes and do not face females most therefore its not necessary but its obligatory for a man to lower his gaze and same is for woman when they face each other.

divineseraph
And then still, it seems to be more a problem with the people if they would get thrown into a sex frenzy over a simple look in the eye. That sounds like THEIR problem with lust, not the woman's.

Ahh its BOTH's problem not only the one who sees, if the woman covers it the man would not fall for it at the first place.

You would get wood over a naked old woman? Wow, someone has problems, and it's not me.

So then, should men cover themselves to stop the "sinful" ways of homosexuals gawking at their bulging man-meat? I mean, if the idea of covering a woman is to keep men from committing a crime from their arousal, doesn't it make sense- No, MORE sense, to cover men to keep homosexuals from getting their even "worse" ideas?

And why? Why must they not look in the eyes? It is a problem with the PEOPLE if they are so easily messed up mentally. That's not a healthy state, when you get dangerously aroused by looking in the eyes of someone. And that is a state CAUSED by laws which make such things appear sexual and taboo.

And no. It's the problem of the person who views something neutral as an extreme.

I believe that the reason for looking down is b/c of respect. When you lower you eyes to one you are giving them respect yes. So in away your also giving each other respect when you lower your gaze. But I also think is depends on different situations. For example when I am talking to my older male teachers about something i dont understand i will look them in the eye when I am talking to them so they know who im talking to, but when Im passing some guy by I am not gonna stare at his eyes while I pass him by b/c if I look at him first he might think I'm weird and second he might misinterpret my glare/look. I mean this isn't always the case surely, but just to prevent you from this case ever happening Islam has these rules. Also if a person goes around naked it is that persons fault that one is looking at them lustfully b/c they are promoting it... It is cause and effect... the person that is naked is causing the other person to think in that manner... so yes it is partially the other person's fault for having such thoughts as well... but that is human nature... I mean people cannot not like people...  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:38 pm
i think it's ok to love each other and go out, but at least they must have a "mahram" with them.
and touching the opposite sex is haram because it'll happen like from a simple touch to other stuff...you know what i mean. ^^;;  

The Broken Winged Angel

maya azzy

Peaceful Worshipper

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:03 pm
Whatever happened to the values of humanity,
Whatever happened to the fairness in equality...

Hmm, well, just about every single good-looking Muslim girl/guy in East London has/had a bf/gf. ^^' That is my personal observation, even though it's not exactly as a proven statistic, but yeah. The only reason I myself don't have a bf is because I have stronger morals I guess, and would only go for a guy I'm totally in love with. =)

Otherwise, I wouldn't get so free as to get with any guy that has a face. >_> It's just plain wrong, even if they weren't Islamic principles, it's still totally daft for a girl to go and do that to herself. I wouldn't wanna go around feeling like a worthless hooker. stare

Instead of spreading love we're spreading animosity,
Lack of understanding, leading lives away from unity...

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:39 pm
0_o___V
divineseraph
tassan
divineseraph

divineseraph

divineseraph

divineseraph

I believe that the reason for looking down is b/c of respect. When you lower you eyes to one you are giving them respect yes. So in away your also giving each other respect when you lower your gaze. But I also think is depends on different situations. For example when I am talking to my older male teachers about something i dont understand i will look them in the eye when I am talking to them so they know who im talking to, but when Im passing some guy by I am not gonna stare at his eyes while I pass him by b/c if I look at him first he might think I'm weird and second he might misinterpret my glare/look. I mean this isn't always the case surely, but just to prevent you from this case ever happening Islam has these rules. Also if a person goes around naked it is that persons fault that one is looking at them lustfully b/c they are promoting it... It is cause and effect... the person that is naked is causing the other person to think in that manner... so yes it is partially the other person's fault for having such thoughts as well... but that is human nature... I mean people cannot not like people...

I look down when I meet people, as an abbreviated bow. I understand that. But not doing that should not be a ticket to hell. especially when the "respect" is supposed to be because of someone's gender. Being born with different biological traits doesn't make you any better than anyone else.  

divineseraph

0_o___V

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:34 pm
divineseraph
0_o___V
divineseraph
tassan
divineseraph

divineseraph

divineseraph

divineseraph

I look down when I meet people, as an abbreviated bow. I understand that. But not doing that should not be a ticket to hell. especially when the "respect" is supposed to be because of someone's gender. Being born with different biological traits doesn't make you any better than anyone else.

Well yes who said your going to hell if you don't look down? I believe that you can go to heaven even if you don't pray... b/c I'm not the one who is judging... God is and he knows your morals and who you actually are... and if your a good person I'm sure you would go to heaven... And yes your right being a specific gender doesn't make you better but usually opposite genders are more respectful to each other than the same gender...and plus it's more gentlemen like think to do, to be more respectful towards women (heh)...but b/c usually one is more frank with the same gender...  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:10 am
0_o___V
divineseraph
0_o___V
divineseraph
tassan

Well yes who said your going to hell if you don't look down? I believe that you can go to heaven even if you don't pray... b/c I'm not the one who is judging... God is and he knows your morals and who you actually are... and if your a good person I'm sure you would go to heaven... And yes your right being a specific gender doesn't make you better but usually opposite genders are more respectful to each other than the same gender...and plus it's more gentlemen like think to do, to be more respectful towards women (heh)...but b/c usually one is more frank with the same gender...

Many of these rules imply that if you don't follow them, you go to hell. Regardless of how arbitrary or mortal they are.  

divineseraph

0_o___V

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:19 pm
divineseraph
0_o___V
divineseraph
0_o___V
divineseraph
tassan

Many of these rules imply that if you don't follow them, you go to hell. Regardless of how arbitrary or mortal they are.

Not really... these rules are just guidelines for the believers of Islam... what about the people who don't believe in Islam? They would have no chance in going to heaven then b/c they don't follow Muslim guidelines... so No, I believe that God will judge you on who you are and how hard you tried getting near him... Also I think that some people who aren't even religious, but are in general good people have the right to go in Heaven, but like I said i dont know... only God does and we don't have any right judging if someone is going to hell or not...  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:46 am
Fair enough. This must mean, then, that observing these arbitrary rules are unnecessary as God will judge us on more basic principles such as general goodness, for example, not killing, stealing or harming. So if the rules of Islam are largely unnecessary, if they are in fact also harmful not only to the people but to a free expression of God, does it not make sense to disregard them?  

divineseraph

Dhul-Noon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:33 pm
There is no acception to dating but as for gaze, there is one case and that is if you are looking to marry the one you are gazing at.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:57 am
Dhul-Noon
There is no acception to dating but as for gaze, there is one case and that is if you are looking to marry the one you are gazing at.

what?!  

_rainarai_

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:41 am
What does gaze means?

If it means dating, then i agree.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:30 am
The_Pathan
What does gaze means?

If it means dating, then i agree.

It means to look...glance sweatdrop
Oh you know, my name means something like to gaze xd  

_rainarai_

XxXZero_BeatXxX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:37 pm
FC_XDFire_Flame
if any of you dates, please say your opinion about Islam and dating, why are you dating if you think it's wrong, what is your relationship level and which level you think that we Muslims should stick with?

i think its ok if u r just trying to know the person. as long as u dont have any love relations. i mean how else can u find a wife if u dont know the person... unless of course the marriage is arragged which is haram.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff