Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Square Enix would like you to stop paying homage to its work Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:51 am
Decavolty
It's business 101.

The creator isnt making a profit, why should it allow it's creation to be modified?
Because the modification wasn't going to turn a profit either?

I dunno, you could always ask Valve.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:21 am
Allegro
Decavolty
It's business 101.

The creator isnt making a profit, why should it allow it's creation to be modified?

Doesnt matter, it's still SE's call.

Not saying I agree with it, I'm saying they are well within their right.  

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:25 am
Decavolty
Allegro
Decavolty
It's business 101.

Doesnt matter, it's still SE's call.

Not saying I agree with it, I'm saying they are well within their right.
You can't definitively say that they're within their right. Copyright law is extremely fuzzy still. It's impossible to say who would win in court on a case like this.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:28 am
I don't know, they seem to be past their prime now. What was the last good game that was made by em? Dragonquest 8 that's what!

We need to convince Bill Gates to buy em out and close it up 5 minutes after xD

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

RyomaKun1992

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:46 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
I don't know, they seem to be past their prime now. What was the last good game that was made by em? Dragonquest 8 that's what!

We need to convince Bill Gates to buy em out and close it up 5 minutes after xD

They still have something to do with the Valkyrie Profile/Star Ocean series, which are considered good games, or at least good cult games, then again that's all Tri-Ace, they just make teh monies off of it,k but yes please...Square needs to die...badly.

It's trying to act like EA and the other big companies, mainstreamify itself instead of making what the people want.

On an unrelated note, I would be playing Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume if my mom didn't lose my DS crying  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:59 pm
Valkyrie Profile/Star Ocean series have been meh as of lately. Lately as in the past few years or so, the cell shaded one did catch my attention but thats about it. All they've done otherwise is milk FF7 some more with the anouncement of "FF7 ADVENT CHILDREN COMPLETE" (seriously this is the title).

Then announce their next big dump everyones supposed to flock over when they've done drinking all the laxitives. Then suddenly not want people to flock over it or do a coverage story about it being in the works and near completion. Adam Sessler from x-play knows what I'm talking about (FF13)

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Psychic bomber

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:21 pm
thats cold blooded.i use to think they were cool up till now,i hate when companies get the copyright thingy or whatever its called.i swear if most companies like marvel and NFL,and more never did the copyrighrt infrigment or the license thing they make 10x the money they make now.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:40 pm
RIP Squaresoft. <******** you Enix.

That is all.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

RyotaIchido

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:56 pm
Square enix is a bunch of assholes nowadays. They do s**t like this, as well as making many of their games japan-exclusive. Ever heard of kingdom hearts final mix, kingdom hearts 2 final mix, or final fantasy x international version? All japan exclusive.

Then they cancel this project seeing no profit from it. I would think that being the rich a** company that they are, they wouldnt care so much, but no.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:07 pm
Real, real, real shitty of them. They only sue because they can. Assholes...  

L a s t B a s t a r d

Mizu Torrent

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:13 pm
Enix is full of conceded morons.

They only cancelled it really, because they feel like they weren't getting the money for their idea.

Not that it was entirely their idea to begin with.

That's like them pulling something on Jupiter if they choose to make a sequel to The World ends with You.

And I really, really hope they don't. But you can always expect them to do it.

Square Enix also probably doesn't care about much else other than Final Fantasy anymore. Seeing as its the only thing giving them stupid fangirls and gross amounts of money. I include Kingdom Hearts in this statement.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:10 pm
Trenn Flashkill
It's been 14 years since Chrono Trigger came out and all we've gotten was a shitty half-sequel and a port. Give up Square. This game belongs to us, not you.
I liked Chrono Cross.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:19 pm
[Kegan]
Trenn Flashkill
It's been 14 years since Chrono Trigger came out and all we've gotten was a shitty half-sequel and a port. Give up Square. This game belongs to us, not you.
I liked Chrono Cross.
Same.

/agree with LPS about Enix although there have been good games produced by the company since the merger.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:21 pm
Eh. They've cancelled better.  

Waynebrizzle

melikefood

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:11 pm
To Japan!
We will go push SquareEnix people down the steps!

BEST SUMMER EVER.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces