Which one?
  Laser Sights
  Point Sights
  Iron Sights - ******** batteries
View Results

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:58 am
Fresnel
So I saw Trijicon's pistol reflex sights today. They have two models: one is fiber-optic, and I thought it was rather poor because the glass was highly reflective from BOTH sides, and the amber dot was dim. Not only could you not see the dot, you couldn't see the target. The other one, however, runs off a standard CR2032 watch battery and has a constant-on life of TWO YEARS (17,000 hours). It was nice and bright and impressively small. I'd take it over a laser any day. The best part is that it just slides into the rear-sight dovetail of most pistols, and there's other mounts for shotguns, or even as a back-up sight on top of a Trijicon ACOG.

That one seems like the winrar.
No permanent damage from machining. Just drift out the old sight and in the with new.

I bet that one is costly.
Source?  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:14 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
So I saw Trijicon's pistol reflex sights today. They have two models: one is fiber-optic, and I thought it was rather poor because the glass was highly reflective from BOTH sides, and the amber dot was dim. Not only could you not see the dot, you couldn't see the target. The other one, however, runs off a standard CR2032 watch battery and has a constant-on life of TWO YEARS (17,000 hours). It was nice and bright and impressively small. I'd take it over a laser any day. The best part is that it just slides into the rear-sight dovetail of most pistols, and there's other mounts for shotguns, or even as a back-up sight on top of a Trijicon ACOG.

No permanent damage from machining. Just drift out the old sight and in the with new.

Source?
Hnah.

$650 for the battery-powered one, $475 for the part-fiber-optic one that I thought was crap. $500 for the Docters, and Docter is supposed to be top-of-the-line, from what I've heard.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:39 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Source?
Hnah.

$650 for the battery-powered one, $475 for the part-fiber-optic one that I thought was crap. $500 for the Docters, and Docter is supposed to be top-of-the-line, from what I've heard.

I guessed it right.

Huh, I could get a Romanian Tokarev and a bulk load of ammo for that much.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:36 pm
Pssh, yeah, like I'm going to buy a sight for as much as I bought the gun. rofl  

ArmasTermin

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:15 am
Might as well get some nice night sights.

Sure the Tritium might get dimmer and dimmer over it's half lives but it's cheaper than those reflex sights.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:03 pm
ArmasTermin
I might be convinced if I never learn how to shoot a pistol with iron sights...

Though within the parameters of the OP, it's looted not paid for, so price isn't a factor.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:14 am
Nice, i sparked a good debate XD

As for choice of weaponry, it was just a general question both long and hand guns, but i do see where lasers or points would work both ways.

Here's how i see it; the laser sight is great for a pistol, as it's excelent for close range. The further that laser goes, the harder it is to see, so i can imagine it has a limited effective range. Unless we had an integrated red laser AND an IR laser to use with night optics, i dont see why one would use a rifle for close range.

Which is where the Dot and ACOG comes in, as you could use those things effectively at long range without any loss of shooting quality.

Now for shotguns, im actually kind of torn. I'd think that shotties are the obvious close quarters king, so the laser would work well. Then again, if one were using slugs, i could see where a Dot sight would help with mid range.

So, if i had to choose, i think i'd go with the laser. My current zombie set-up involves an SMG, so if i find myself dealing with zombies on a personal level, I'd want something that i could use effectively in cqc.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:44 pm
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
I might be convinced if I never learn how to shoot a pistol with iron sights...

Though within the parameters of the OP, it's looted not paid for, so price isn't a factor.

Oh, well looted then.
If I found a pistol as is with the reflex I'd use it, but I'd be too worried that I'd proverbially, '******** it up', doing the work myself. Even if it's as easy as I said, 'drifting it out and tapping it in.'
Another plus to it being on there when found, at least you can assume, with some certainty, that the sight has been accurized to some degree.  

OberFeldwebel

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:48 pm
Barru
I wonder how many holsters accommodate for an attached laser or light.

Finally found it!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0054162713014a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Product_liberal&QueryText=laser+grip&sort=all&_D:hasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/search/search-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:32 pm

That's the opposite.

I said holsters, not lasers.
Otherwise I would suggest the Crimson laser grips.
I'm wondering up the 'front of' trigger guard mounted lights/lasers.
Or the rail mounted ones on Glocks or SIGs.

Are there holsters that could accommodate them with their attachments?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:31 pm

That's the opposite.

Are there holsters that could accommodate them with their attachments? You could make one. Hooray for Kydex.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:54 pm
Fresnel

That's the opposite.

You could make one. Hooray for Kydex.

Ah, I suppose.
But where do you get Kydex?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:17 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

That's the opposite.

Ah, I suppose.
But where do you get Kydex? You can order small sheets of it online. Someone showed me the site they bought it from once, but I don't remember it.

Oh, Firefox does though. Good boy, Firefox.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:18 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

That's the opposite.

Ah, I suppose.
You can order small sheets of it online. Someone showed me the site they bought it from once, but I don't remember it.

I <3 Firefox.

Are there study guides or manuals on what to do?
Like, how I turn a molded piece of Kydex into a holster?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:23 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

That's the opposite.

Ah, I suppose.
You can order small sheets of it online. Someone showed me the site they bought it from once, but I don't remember it.

I <3 Firefox.

Are there study guides or manuals on what to do?
Like, how I turn a molded piece of Kydex into a holster?
Yeah, there's a how-to on USGO here. There's also a more in-depth one on Steyr Club here.  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff