Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
Furries and Relationships (long discussion) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mintea Drops

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:46 pm
[-Erik-]
I disapprove of this "master and pet" game, not only beacuse of what you said about the pet getting all emo for being just the pet but beacuse it makes furries look like horny bastards.

Now, if we talk about polygamy I'd say... "Whatever floats you boat, but if it sinks I wont throw you an inner tube". Why? Beacuse if the girl I love has a pet I'll start thinking she was using me as a pet as well, or that she was just fooling around with me, using me, you know! It doesn't feel nice >:l
Of course, that's me. I think that love can't be shared between more than two people.

If your relatives, friends, whatever don't accept your furrydom then I'd say they don't appreciate you enough. If they really want to be with you or be your friends, I dunno, they MUST accept you for who you are. Like always.

And yes, indeed, it's the furries who make the rest of the furries look bad. I'm glad somebody understands this.
User Image

Thank you.

I agree with everything you said in its entirety.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:48 pm
Leo Ursus
In my honest opinion, being a person who knows a platy-fur (male) in a relationship with two bunny-furs (one male on female) I see their relationship working in a functional matter. Am I saying relationships such as these are purely furry? No, there are other people who practice such a belief, however these people are few and far between.

Personally I don't agree with the concept of sex buddies or the ilk, but that sort of thing has always been the opposite of who I am. To further the point I don't see how one can give all of themself to two people.

If people want to practice those beliefs then it's fine with me, but I wont be shocked when it ends with one getting hurt.
User Image

Their relationship is completely polygamist and loving, not master pet though.

They work together with everything, everyone is in the relationship.

Where as you know who is treated like crap by his master, cheated on constantly, cheats on him blah blah. They both buck against their own set 'rules' and show how truly dysfunctional some relationships can be. (Not ALL)

User Image  

Mintea Drops

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0

Mintea Drops

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:51 pm
Diana Aries
Frankly, the idea of loving only one person is a foreign concept to me. My family has always been very close and loving and I have always cared very deeply for deeply for my friends, whom are like family to me. I am also very highly protective of both.

As far as sexual partners go, I have never been opposed to the idea of casual sex. When I was a bit younger and a little more naive on the subject, I did indeed believe that if a person is involved in a committed relationship that the one they are with should be their only sexual partner with the only exception being if both are simply inviting others into sexual acts.

Being a bit older now, a little more experienced, wiser and more knowledgeable I have come to realize that sex is just an enjoyable experience that does not need to be weighed down with a lot of excess emotional baggage. For me there is great pleasure in sharing an intimate moment with those I care about and bringing them pleasure in the act.

I have dabbled a bit in the whole mater/pet relationship, trying out both sides, and in the end realize it is just not for me. I have far to much pride to honestly submit to another person, but god do I enjoy play rape, and I am just far too nice to truly treat another I care about as some sort of servant, not in a long term stand point anyway. It is a bit different when one is just playing the role during a sexual encounter, it is another thing to keep up the act all the time.

The only RP relationship I have been able to keep up is treating one another as siblings. Which is fun for me, because I have a bit of complex when it comes to acting as someone's older sibling. Think that might have something to do with that I was always the oldest in my group of friends and thus they looked up to me and even know I tend to befriend those younger than me quite often.

To note, I do have an actual boyfriend, but I also have other lovers that are simply close and intimate friends. Yes, the fact I am like this has bitten me and continues to bite me in the a** when it comes to those getting crushes on me, but I am always very open and honest with all those I am involved with so they know ahead of time I will never leave my boyfriend. Those that try and convince me to be exclusively theirs get booted to the curve and while I do feel bad that they end up getting hurt, it is their fault, not mine.
User Image

I understand your point of view, but I do disagree.

There are different types of love, family as in, mother/father/sister/brother/friend love and lover love.

Someone you love whom you have sex with=/= someone you love as family.

I believe in only giving my sexual love to one person, having dabbled in casual sex and finding a dislike for it. However, I do love a lot of other people in the family category.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:05 pm
I actually do not believe in the concept of sexual love. Sexual desires are lust, not love. Now, romantic love is certainly different than love for one's friends and family. The thing is, even if you are romantically involved with someone does not mean you are having sex with them, just as one does not always have romantic interest in those they find sexually attractive.

My boyfriend is certainly the only one I have romantic interests in, but romantic interests and sexual interests are two wholly separate things. Sex is just one of many pass times one can share with others and certainly is fun.

Selene Aries

Mintea Drops

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:06 pm
Diana Aries
I actually do not believe in the concept of sexual love. Sexual desires are lust, not love. Now, romantic love is certainly different than love for one's friends and family. The thing is, even if you are romantically involved with someone does not mean you are having sex with them, just as one does not always have romantic interest in those they find sexually attractive.

My boyfriend is certainly the only one I have romantic interests in, but romantic interests and sexual interests are two wholly separate things. Sex is just one of many pass times one can share with others and certainly is fun.
User Image

That is what I meant, I apologize. Bad wording.

My brain is dead due to finals. D:

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:47 pm
Mintea Drops
[-Erik-]
I disapprove of this "master and pet" game, not only beacuse of what you said about the pet getting all emo for being just the pet but beacuse it makes furries look like horny bastards.

Now, if we talk about polygamy I'd say... "Whatever floats you boat, but if it sinks I wont throw you an inner tube". Why? Beacuse if the girl I love has a pet I'll start thinking she was using me as a pet as well, or that she was just fooling around with me, using me, you know! It doesn't feel nice >:l
Of course, that's me. I think that love can't be shared between more than two people.

If your relatives, friends, whatever don't accept your furrydom then I'd say they don't appreciate you enough. If they really want to be with you or be your friends, I dunno, they MUST accept you for who you are. Like always.

And yes, indeed, it's the furries who make the rest of the furries look bad. I'm glad somebody understands this.
User Image

Thank you.

I agree with everything you said in its entirety.

User Image

Just when I thought nobody read my post 8D

Thanks and yoooour welcome.

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:51 pm
When it comes to relationships, being a furry hardly even comes into the equation for me. I suppose I have never really been one for labels to begin with. When I think of myself in my head I think of the essence of me not as a furry.

I don't feel the need to introduce myself to everyone with a barrage of labels. Hey, I'm a girl... I'm a furry... I like anime... I'm heterosexual... I weigh 97 pounds... the list goes on and on. Sure they are each a part of me, and some hold more value than others, but no one label defines me as a person.

When finding a potential mate I would be far more worried about finding someone who can get along with my animals than a trifle such as being into the furry fandom. If someone is turned off by me being a furry however, than the relationship would have never worked to begin with. If they are that narrow minded about one of my hobbies, than I'm sure something else about me would have sent them packing long before they even found out I'm a fur.

As for the whole pet master thing, doesn't interest me outside of designated roleplay within the relationship. I am too lazy to tend to a pet, and far too dominant to walk in someone else's shadow.

Moving on to casual sex it isn't my thing. I'm very picky about touch and would find sex with a stranger disgusting. That would leave casual sex to having to be with close friends... of course in my mind if they are a close friend it isn't really all that causal anymore. Yes, some people can turn off their emotions when it comes to sex, but a lot of people can't. I don't want to risk hurting or loosing a close friend because of emotions that can evolve during the hormone induced dance that is sex.

As a female I also have the extra burden of knowing anytime I have sex with a functioning male there is a risk of pregnancy despite the use of condoms, birth control, and other preventatives. I take this rather seriously. I'm not in the mood to produce offspring with even a friend. I only want to bring a child into the world if I have a life partner to raise it with.

Being a hypochondriac I'm also not fond of all the STD's rolling around beneath the sheets.

Finally, I don't find it hard at all to simply not have sex. Thus I'll wait till I can find a partner willing to give into my possessive tendencies and be equally monogamous while in a relationship with me.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:33 am
Krissim Klaw
When it comes to relationships, being a furry hardly even comes into the equation for me. I suppose I have never really been one for labels to begin with. When I think of myself in my head I think of the essence of me not as a furry.

I don't feel the need to introduce myself to everyone with a barrage of labels. Hey, I'm a girl... I'm a furry... I like anime... I'm heterosexual... I weigh 97 pounds... the list goes on and on. Sure they are each a part of me, and some hold more value than others, but no one label defines me as a person.

When finding a potential mate I would be far more worried about finding someone who can get along with my animals than a trifle such as being into the furry fandom. If someone is turned off by me being a furry however, than the relationship would have never worked to begin with. If they are that narrow minded about one of my hobbies, than I'm sure something else about me would have sent them packing long before they even found out I'm a fur.

As for the whole pet master thing, doesn't interest me outside of designated roleplay within the relationship. I am too lazy to tend to a pet, and far too dominant to walk in someone else's shadow.

Moving on to casual sex it isn't my thing. I'm very picky about touch and would find sex with a stranger disgusting. That would leave casual sex to having to be with close friends... of course in my mind if they are a close friend it isn't really all that causal anymore. Yes, some people can turn off their emotions when it comes to sex, but a lot of people can't. I don't want to risk hurting or loosing a close friend because of emotions that can evolve during the hormone induced dance that is sex.

As a female I also have the extra burden of knowing anytime I have sex with a functioning male there is a risk of pregnancy despite the use of condoms, birth control, and other preventatives. I take this rather seriously. I'm not in the mood to produce offspring with even a friend. I only want to bring a child into the world if I have a life partner to raise it with.

Being a hypochondriac I'm also not fond of all the STD's rolling around beneath the sheets.

Finally, I don't find it hard at all to simply not have sex. Thus I'll wait till I can find a partner willing to give into my possessive tendencies and be equally monogamous while in a relationship with me.
User Image

I agree with you on all points.

:>

User Image  

Mintea Drops

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:13 pm
Krissim Klaw
I weigh 97 pounds...

I hope you're short or young, that doesn't sound like a healthy weight ;_;  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:43 pm
KillerLee
Krissim Klaw
I weigh 97 pounds...

I hope you're short or young, that doesn't sound like a healthy weight ;_;

Nope, she is a scrawny thing. We love her anyway. 3nodding

Selene Aries

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:05 am
Diana Aries

confused  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:22 am
razz  

Selene Aries

Angelic Muse

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:23 am
Krissim Klaw

I agree with you Kris. 3nodding

My boyfriend and I are both monogamous and we prefer it that way, at least for now. Being a furry does not interfer with our relationship. He embraces it, if anything.

But that's me. I have a feeling that many members of the furry fandom and of our guild take being furry to higher levels. For me, it is a small part of who I am; for others, a much bigger part. I think relationships within the furry fandom have to do with how involved one is with being a furry.

Just throwing that out there. smile  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:25 am
Isaol-the-wolf
Diana Aries

confused

Now now, don't judge others beliefs 3nodding  

Angelic Muse

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:55 am
Angelic Muse
Isaol-the-wolf
Diana Aries

confused

Now now, don't judge others beliefs 3nodding

He didn't say anything O:

By the emote he posted I'd say he simply disagreed with him.

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff