Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Avatar Talk
Have you been cloned? Outfit Thievery. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Outfit thievery -
  Is no big deal. Spread the inspiration.
  Is petty. Why can't they create their own?
  I love it. Imitation is the strongest form of flattery.
  Touch my item combos and face my wrath? D=
  Accidents happen, but if they did it on purpose I'd be upset.
  Who the hell cares?
View Results

LessienElanesse

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:06 am
As far as I know; nobody else has done the cloak with fw before...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:26 am
My outfits are way too unique to be cloned. :3  

[ insert name ]

boombanda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:25 am
If the person blatantly copied me, went to AT, asked for a rating, and said the outfit was 100% their original idea, I'd be sure to post in the thread and correct them. I wouldn't get mad about it, though.

If the person copied my outfit but didn't ask for a rating [or said they copied me in the thread, at least], I wouldn't care in the slightest bit. I'd probably find it pretty cute/amusing. After all, I can't copyright these pixels, and if they copy me, it usually means I made a really good avatar [or they have really bad taste XD].  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:16 am

Someone copied my genie outfit once. She used the exact same items, but blue.
That annoyed me. D:
I think stealing people's outfits is totally unacceptable. But getting inspired and using some item/color combinations is okay, I think. Then you atleast make your own outfit.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[Cardamom]

FrozenFyre
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:20 am
XD Cardie, i saw her. she said she asked you if it was ok and you said yes. did you? O_o;  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:03 pm
Yeah someone copied my bule black and red winter avatar. I didn't really care, theres plenty of room on gaia and its not like school where I have to see them all the time.  

Paxter Walker

Generous Hunter

characteristic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:02 pm
I once went into a rate thread in thead in the AT with a new outfit I liked, adn someone accused me of copying a reg. It made me mad, htough it really shouldn't have I supose.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:42 pm
I have never been copied because I am not an AT great like most people that are copied are. I guess that there are some plusses to being a nonentiy .  

Orlyescence

nrasjaa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:53 pm
i find that i may randomly match with people i know, or what ever, but i dont think anyone has ever intentionally copied mine, i would be pretty irritated if they did though  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:43 am
I don't think anyone has copied me. If they have, I totally haven't noticed.

My entry for the Arena last week looks like something Pat made for Lunchie, and I felt mega-bad, because I totally had no idea I'd done it. They were both horribly cool about it though because I mean, that stuff happens.

I don't believe it was an exact replica though. XD. I dunno.

I don't really know how I'd react either. Like, if people are 'inspired' by my outfits or whatever, that's cool. It's a form of flattery, but to out and out steal an outfit...I guess I'd be a little upset I suppose, because I kinda see myself as having a unique style. But oh well, what am I gonna do? Copyright pixels? XD. I'd just move on. It's not like they're going to keep it on forever.

.Some.Other.Mercy.

[Cardamom]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:19 am
FrozenFyre
XD Cardie, i saw her. she said she asked you if it was ok and you said yes. did you? O_o;

I said yes and gave her some tips on how to make it original. Then the next day I saw her in the almost exact same outfit as me. D:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:15 pm
imitation is the gratest form of flattering(or something like that xp )

if i see anyone with an outfit that's just like mine i will just state so and be done with it... unless he's winning stuff with it stressed

MUSCARI

xlilpunkypinkx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:19 pm
Yes! gonk

After a little disscussion they confessed and said that they made it first and I took it...

:/

<3~

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:29 pm
Not entirely but they had an outfit that used exactly the same item combo- hat, glasses, skirt, shoes etc. and replaced the rest with their own. I don't have a problem with avatars that look simular but when they steal your item combo that was unique and undone, -expecially if you had just made an avatar using it- then that's a no-no. It took me awhile to get over it but from that day forward, I have despised item combo snatchers. <.<  

Queen Lucia

Sparkly Leaf

Protocol Rain

Business Businessman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:21 am
I got the top/bustier layering from Coventina, but she knows that and was fine with it. (Although, I did work the layering into a completely different outfit <_<)  

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games