Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:14 pm
Anima_Raptor
Hydraulic Fluid
Fresnel
Hydraulic Fluid
ArmasTermin
So basically you've got a standard infantry rifle, door-breacher, close-quarters beast, and effective as a mid-range sniper rifle all rolled into one.

It'll never sell.

xd

How exactly do you plan on using this monstrosity for CQC? Granted, I've seen what SAWs can do during clearance operations, and it's pretty sweet, but using this gargantuan atrocity (which looks like it might actually be longer and heavier than a 240B) to perform a dynamic entry and clear a house? It would be like using a toaster to cook eggs.
It's perfectly possible to cook eggs in a toaster oven, and in small quantities, more efficient than a full-sized oven.

Here's a picture for scale. They don't look any bigger than an M16.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That looks at least twice as massive as an M16, maybe not in length, but in sheer size and bulk, most definitely. I've had to use an M16A4 for CQC, albeit only in training, and I can tell you I much prefer the M4. That thing is going to weigh at least 15 lbs, there's really no way around that. I don't see what role it could fit, especially in an urban environment. Our "door breachers" are always the last man in the stack. That usually ends up being our SAW gunners, at least upon initial entry; and they are consequently the last ones to enter the room. It doesn't make sense to bring a weapon of that size into a confined space and try to maneuver around in a cramped and potentially hostile environment. And this thing doesn't even have the fire power of a 249, so I really can't see the point. I don't see how you gain an advantage over an M203 mounted onto an M4 with an over-sized weapon and a shotgun.

Again, agreed. Those things are way bigger then an M-4 even in length.

Like I said before, this is a great anti-giant ******** bug weapon, since its outdoor combat and you'll need the firepower to kill them effectively, but this weapon would in no way be used indoors against people. It's just not practical.

Could make a short version.
Would have to omit the shotgun though.
Perhaps you could put holders for spare mags in the action's place.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:36 pm
OberFeldwebel
Anima_Raptor
Hydraulic Fluid
Fresnel
Hydraulic Fluid
ArmasTermin
So basically you've got a standard infantry rifle, door-breacher, close-quarters beast, and effective as a mid-range sniper rifle all rolled into one.

It'll never sell.

xd

How exactly do you plan on using this monstrosity for CQC? Granted, I've seen what SAWs can do during clearance operations, and it's pretty sweet, but using this gargantuan atrocity (which looks like it might actually be longer and heavier than a 240B) to perform a dynamic entry and clear a house? It would be like using a toaster to cook eggs.
It's perfectly possible to cook eggs in a toaster oven, and in small quantities, more efficient than a full-sized oven.

That looks at least twice as massive as an M16, maybe not in length, but in sheer size and bulk, most definitely. I've had to use an M16A4 for CQC, albeit only in training, and I can tell you I much prefer the M4. That thing is going to weigh at least 15 lbs, there's really no way around that. I don't see what role it could fit, especially in an urban environment. Our "door breachers" are always the last man in the stack. That usually ends up being our SAW gunners, at least upon initial entry; and they are consequently the last ones to enter the room. It doesn't make sense to bring a weapon of that size into a confined space and try to maneuver around in a cramped and potentially hostile environment. And this thing doesn't even have the fire power of a 249, so I really can't see the point. I don't see how you gain an advantage over an M203 mounted onto an M4 with an over-sized weapon and a shotgun.

Like I said before, this is a great anti-giant ******** bug weapon, since its outdoor combat and you'll need the firepower to kill them effectively, but this weapon would in no way be used indoors against people. It's just not practical.

Alright... So we have a carbine version of this without the shotgun, chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO. How exactly is that any different than what we have now? Another bullpup configuration? I personally dislike the bullpup design, but I think I'm the minority on that. Still, the only thing that I can really advocate improving on the M4 is getting rid of the gas impingement system. But even with that, the M4 functions perfectly fine, even if you just half-a** maintain it.  

Hydraulic Fluid

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:37 pm
Hydraulic Fluid
Fresnel
Hydraulic Fluid
ArmasTermin

It'll never sell.

xd

Again, you're mistaking bulk with weight. Remember that it's a fake shell, and quite a bit of it is hollow.

But okay, maybe it is too long. Why then can't you cut six to eight inches off the overall length? Look how much space there is between the back end of the pump handle and the trigger. That's all dead space. There's no reason you couldn't significantly cut back the size of that weapon and still have a perfectly effective weapon. Then you could easily thin it out, crop the top off, add some rails... the thing IS a prop gun. It was made for form, not function. If you redesigned it for function, it'd be ten times more capable.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:47 am
Hydraulic Fluid
OberFeldwebel
Anima_Raptor
Hydraulic Fluid
Fresnel

Alright... So we have a carbine version of this without the shotgun, chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO. How exactly is that any different than what we have now? Another bullpup configuration? I personally dislike the bullpup design, but I think I'm the minority on that. Still, the only thing that I can really advocate improving on the M4 is getting rid of the gas impingement system. But even with that, the M4 functions perfectly fine, even if you just half-a** maintain it.

I dunno, extra mags on the weapon itself?

Really, there is a lot of added plastic, you see all that crap around the top of the barrel?
I bet about an inch and a half of it could be cut off.
That big a** handle could be cut down as well.

Also, since it's a bullpup, and it's a carbine, it'll have a longer barrel and have better range. :/  

OberFeldwebel

Hydraulic Fluid

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:38 pm
OberFeldwebel
Hydraulic Fluid
OberFeldwebel
Anima_Raptor
Hydraulic Fluid
Fresnel

I dunno, extra mags on the weapon itself?

Really, there is a lot of added plastic, you see all that crap around the top of the barrel?
I bet about an inch and a half of it could be cut off.
That big a** handle could be cut down as well.

Also, since it's a bullpup, and it's a carbine, it'll have a longer barrel and have better range. :/

Okay, but then you have the bullpup version of a Ruger AC-556 with a polymer bodykit (preferably with most of the bulk removed). Even with M1913 rails and modified to use STANAG magazines, it's nothing special, and it's certainly no "ultimate combat rifle". If we're gonna try to put a Ruger on the front lines, then I'd rather the Army take a look at Ruger's SR-556 as a possible replacement to Colt's idiotic and stubborn production methods on the M4. It seems promising.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff