Reply 'Tendo Cult~
will there be a new version of the wii? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:17 pm
When I first joined the Cult I had heard whispers alongside the DSi's of a BWii, a Wii that comes in black. I believe they have very little merit, if any. From a strictly games-based standpoint, the Wii still has a long way to go to live up to the Nintendo standard, and the technology still has tons of possibilities. Why stop now?  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:44 pm
Ummm no...

wait... ummm..... no....still.....  

L a s t B a s t a r d

kevin90210

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:37 pm
I don´t think they will but you never know mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:47 pm
I hesitate to believe this sort of thing, but on the other hand...well, what the hell else has Nintendo been doing lately? Punch-Ous? Excitebots? Spirit Tracks? If we don't hear some good news at E3, they'd better be working on a new console. Really, though, the only reason I would support an idea like this is that it's got the potential to fix a lot of the Wii's current problems. A more powerful machine would encourage companies to bring games to the Wii that only the other consoles have right now (for example, I've played Resident Evil 5 on my cousin's 360, and despite its shortcomings I still want it). A better storage solution could also be implemented, and for existing Wii games maybe the console could somehow emulate the SD card slot and save through to a hard drive.

But aside from the graphics and storage issues, there's really nothing wrong with the Wii. While it would be harder to justify for a console than for a handheld, if Nintendo does pull out a new console this early, I would want to see it turn out to be more of an upgrade akin to the one between the DS Lite and DSi. Of course, that leaves us with an older console with all our save files and Shop Channel purchases tied to it and having to shell out money for a new console three years or less after the last one. They would have to put some sort of system in place to allow us to transfer that stuff over, and I imagine that unless they set up a trade-in system (doubtful) either the market would be flooded with used Wiis or the new console would sell poorly. Probably both.

So yeah, pretty much no matter how you look at it, a new console is a bad idea at this point. Also, it makes you wonder if Nintendo will address the Shop Channel purhcase issue when the time does come for a new console, assuming they keep the Virutal Console in the next generation.  

GuruGuru214

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:51 pm
It's by no means a confirmed fact but it could always happen.

I mean, the other consoles have like 5 different models. Another Wii couldn't hurt.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:21 pm
A new wii? yeah just wait 10 years. there will be a new one.  

Xilo The Odd

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:54 pm
Wantcookie
digi734
Super Cheesio
A new Wii? Hell naw.

2. It'll be called the Iiw

Seriously, guys. I mean, there's no reason that it wouldn't just be the name of the Wii reversed. Clearly, the only people with any intelligence are the ones that believe this.

I was joking. But really, if they made a new Wii (God forbid), this would be a last resort name if everything else bombs.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:50 pm
I heard rumors that the Wii will have a graphics update with better graphics in 2010 or 2011  

patchbobo

0Toon-Link0

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:30 pm
They're making it in HD.
They said a new gen console won't be due till like 2013  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:31 pm
0Toon-Link0
They're making it in HD.

I still doubt that. Nintendo's the last person to jump on the HD bandwagon. They're focusing on casual gamers. Your Mom playing Wii Fit won't know what the hell HD is.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:50 pm
Ribbin
0Toon-Link0
They're making it in HD.

I still doubt that. Nintendo's the last person to jump on the HD bandwagon. They're focusing on casual gamers. Your Mom playing Wii Fit won't know what the hell HD is.

who gives a ******** about HD you idiots act like it is the best thing in the world. a bunch of retards is what you are.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:52 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
Ribbin
0Toon-Link0
They're making it in HD.

who gives a ******** about HD you idiots act like it is the best thing in the world. a bunch of retards is what you are.

Uh, what? xD Either that was an unfunny joke, or you're making bad assumptions. =P  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:06 pm
Ribbin
KyuubiNaruto4
Ribbin
0Toon-Link0
They're making it in HD.

Uh, what? xD Either that was an unfunny joke, or you're making bad assumptions. =P

What that HD is gay or mis-reading what Toon Link said.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:55 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
Ribbin
KyuubiNaruto4
Ribbin
0Toon-Link0
They're making it in HD.

What that HD is gay or mis-reading what Toon Link said.
'
Well, you quoted me and said "a bunch of retards is what you are."

It's hard to misunderstand that. >_>  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

S o t-t h e-P a n d a

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:40 pm
• Hold on, to the moment
There's something brewing in the
sky ________

Iwata said in '07 that he wanted developers to make a new console as a 'new weapon in the fight against other consoles... But today's situation is such that we are not desperate for any new weapons at all.' Game Informer just did an article about possible new consoles. They expect this generation to last longer than usual. And it the HD Wii was supposedly called Wii 1.5 to be released in '11. -shrugs-

________ Oh I feel something
• What'cha feel
boy; the beat?

i'm_____shakin'_____ and _____i'm_____movin'

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items