Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
E3: Complaints, Predictions, and Positives Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:35 am
Be careful with what you say lol. Blizzard is good but they arent making the big decisions now. Activision makes the bigger decisions. And EA is better than Activision cause they put out new intelectual properties. Not push Guitar Hero, Crash Bandicoot, and Tony Hawk. They are gonna kill the planet with all there plastic controllers.

Anyways, i garuntee Activision will show off there new DJ Hero, new Tony Hawk game(with skateboard controller), and Guitar Hero 98.

But i have a feeling Mass Effect 2 will be taking a nice chunk of media at E3 since they are releasing so much information on the game. Also they are going to reveal the last Mass Effect DLC which i think has a arena type thing like in KOTOR 2.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:17 am
Tr0n714

Microsoft will unveil their important things like LIVE and Halo: ODST.

Well i may be right about this one. This article will explain what it may be about.

Quote:
Zune Marketplace coming to Xbox Live
Written Tuesday, May 26, 2009 by Neil Christie

Microsoft has revealed that it plans to launch Zune Marketplace on Xbox Live later this year. The service will allow Xbox Live members to pay an additional subscription fee and receive unlimited access to movie, TV show and music content via their console.

Speaking to The Guardian, the company's Chris Stevenson said that users in France, Italy, Germany, the USA, Spain, the UK and Ireland will have access when it launches in "early Autumn". The content will also be offered on a streaming, rental and buy to own basis.

The announcement is particularly interesting for those in Europe, where TV shows are currently not available via Xbox Live and there is no Netflix equivalent. Unfortunately, Microsoft also says that its Zune portable media players will remain exclusive to North America for the time being.

A full announcement will be made later today, and Microsoft has also called members of the UK press to an event this Thursday where it may divulge further details about this or its long-planned partnership with BT Vision.

Tron714
Vice Captain

Dreaming of the Day

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:27 am
I must say, it makes me sad that you can't JUST go and look at stuff, you have to be invited, and it is on my birthday EVERY year...
I mean you can go, but you just won't get all that swag and get to see the meetings.
Also, my father got invited to it -.-

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:55 am
Tr0n714
Be careful with what you say lol. Blizzard is good but they arent making the big decisions now. Activision makes the bigger decisions. And EA is better than Activision cause they put out new intelectual properties. Not push Guitar Hero, Crash Bandicoot, and Tony Hawk. They are gonna kill the planet with all there plastic controllers.

Uhhhh, no? Activision and Blizzard are merged into Activision Blizzard, and both Activision and Blizzard are separate sub companies that make their own choices. Blizzard is still making its own decisions, making its own games, holding its own incredibly epic conventions that are much more entertaining than E3, etc. Activision is also making its own decisions. I'm pretty sure that after the most profitable PC game (or is it video game now?) World of Warcraft, Activision knows to not ******** with Blizz.

Not only has WoW continued to garner more followers who pay 15$ a month (up to over 11 million right now, and no signs of stopping or lowering), Blizzard still sells WC3/SC/D2 battlechests, and the WotLK expansion pack continues to top PC sales charts. Just do a search, Blizzard is one of the most profitable game companies. Activision is up there too thanks to the insane popularity of the Guitar Hero franchise.

EA is a big publisher, but I'm talking about developers. What good games have EA directly made...? All that comes to mind is the Command and Conquer series. They rely on Maxis, and Bioware to make anything of real quality. Also what great new IPs are they producing?

My comment on Blizzard was that they are incredibly successful, and they only release a few quality games, not pump out hordes of random stuff like EA and hope it sells. You can't argue that Blizzard games aren't top notch. WC, WC2, SC, Diablo, D2, WC3, WoW are all genre defining games that have pushed the boundaries, garnered universal acclaim, and managed to make a very pretty penny. Starcraft 2 (all 3 campaigns), Diablo 3, and the new franchise they are making will all be highly successful.

P.S - Despite EA being so huge and important, ActivisionBlizz has a revenue of 5 Bil and EA has a revenue of 4.5 Bil. Just wanted to throw that out there.  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:57 am
Dreaming of the Day
I must say, it makes me sad that you can't JUST go and look at stuff, you have to be invited, and it is on my birthday EVERY year...
I mean you can go, but you just won't get all that swag and get to see the meetings.
Also, my father got invited to it -.-

Yeah, it's stupid. With the heightened popularity of the internet/viral marketing, and other worldwide conventions, E3 has been declining in popularity and relevance. Sure, it's still the biggest convention, but if it continues this decline it won't be in 5-10 years.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:16 pm
I guess i am just hot headed about Activision because of killing multiple titles after they merged. I am pretty sure that Activision also canceled some or one game(s) from one of blizzards developers. The guys that made the GBA games about vikings and monster trucks(is the name Vivendi? i know thats the conglomorate that owns ActivisionBlizzard but i cant remember the name...)

The main reason why i dont like them is because they canceled games like Ghostbusters and Brutal Legend for Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. I mean those guys were left to die 2 generations ago!

and i came across this today
Quote:
E3 2009: Activision Announces E3 Plans
Written Wednesday, May 27, 2009 by James Parkin

Good news for all you readers excited for next week's E3 gaming expo. Today Activision announced some of their plans for the convention.

Activision will debut a robust slate of new titles based on some of the largest video game franchises at the 2009 Electronic Entertainment Expo.

Headlining the slate is Infinity Ward's highly anticipated sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, which is expected to be one of the best-selling games of the year. Additionally, the company will debut its groundbreaking new DJ Hero game and rock-based title Guitar Hero 5, both of which will once again transform the way consumers enjoy and engage with music by offering the largest array of contemporary artists ever featured in music-based games.

Attendees will also be able to play Bizarre Creations' Blur which marries intense wheel-to-wheel racing action with spectacular power-ups and real-world cars and locations, as well as Tony Hawk: RIDE, which will redefine skateboarding through an innovative motion sensing skateboard controller that allows for unprecedented freedom and movement.

"At this year's E3, we will debut the largest and strongest lineup in our company's history," said Mike Griffith, President and CEO, Activision Publishing, Inc. "Our innovative slate features games based on some of the industry's largest franchises, as well as exciting new offerings in the music, racing and action-sports genres that are poised to redefine the interactive entertainment experience. We are also very excited to showcase two new intellectual properties Singularity and PROTOTYPE which are already garnering a tremendous amount of interest and excitement."

Activision's Full E3 Game Slate Includes:

Blur, DJ Hero, Guitar Hero 5, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, Modern Warfare 2, PROTOTYPE, Singularity, Tony Hawk: RIDE, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, and Wolfenstein.

The only game that will keep Activision with plenty of cash flow is Modern Warfare 2. The Guitar Hero craze is over and alot of fans are tired of GH since GH: Metallica. They just got too out of hand with the franchise, milking it for all they can, and now DJ HERO!?! Singulatrity looks good and so does PROTOTYPE. Bizzare Creations was recently bought from Microsoft and im pretty sure Blur will be a nice racing game.

I know Blizzard is an amazing company and i have bought several of thier games and spent endless amount of hours playing Diablo 1 and 2, and Warcraft 3. Now they just lost the magic with me. Though Diablo 3 may bring that back. I just need to build the computer to run it.

As for EA. They have made some great games in my opinion. Just none of them got the credit they deserved. Mirror's Edge was a great game with a new innovative playstyle and great artistic design. Dead Space was well recieved by anyone who played the game, and players say it was a better game or equivalent to Resident Evil 5. Battlefield is a sucessful franchise for EA and i continue to buy the games today. Now with their newly (actually just renamed and some new employees) added developer to make better action block buster like games. Hopefully something amazing will come from EA that wont be considered crap by the masses. There first game under this new company will be Dante's Inferno. Which looks a little better since it was first shown, but i do not have alot of faith to be the amazing title im talking about.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:19 pm
Nah, there was nothing Blizzard was making that Activision cancelled. You might be thinking of a GBA port of "lost vikings" a very old Blizzard game back in their very early days, and I doubt Blizzard really cared either way if that was released. The only Blizzard game that was canceled from Blizzard was Starcraft: Ghost that was about 80-90% complete, but Blizzard decided that it just wasn't refined enough, and that the time wasn't right for them to release that kind of game. Say what you will, but when a game company scraps a product after it's almost done just to make sure it doesn't tarnish the extremely high reputation of the game series/developer, that really shows that they care about quality. And while some people will say "well WoW is generic blah blah" WoW refined the MMO genre, and Blizz releases content patches that would equal some MMO's expansions.

I'm not really a big fan of Activision itself tbh. DJ hero will probably be successful, Modern Warfare 2 will be hugely successful, I'm sure Marvel: UA2 will do good, Tony Hawk always sells, and Wolfenstein could be good - the others I've never heard of, and we'll have to see what they are. (except transformers, but who cares?)

Also, one closing thing - a game that the masses like doesn't necessarily mean a game that's excellent. Just look at Halo 3, Fallout 3, Guitar Hero, Gears of War - All of these games are good, all have moments of greatness, but they aren't excellent, but the masses adore them.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:56 pm
This is only a little bit of information but ill get more of the other info another time. But heres a little bit i know. During the transition of Activision Blizzard, games on XBLA were taken off the marketplace and left some of the players games left in limbo if they were to delete it. The game is Lost Cities, a card game. That's the little bit XD go ahead and go look it up. Ill probably post the games that were removed sometime later.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:02 pm
Heres some neat news from THQ

Quote:
THQ Announces Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Written Thursday, May 28, 2009 by Jason Debelyak

THQ today announced Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, which will be released on both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Relic Entertainment will take the helm in bringing Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 universe to next-gen consoles for the very first time. THQ announced that the title will be fully unveiled next week during E3 in Los Angeles.

The game is being labeled as an Action-RPG that will have players taking control of individual units and guiding them through a story campaign that will be highly narrative-driven. Players will also be able to take part in wide-scale online battles.

So if taking control of Space Marines in the 41st millenium in order to save humanity from horrific aliens and demonic hordes is your idea of a good time, this sounds like the game for you! Stay tuned next week for more information as it comes in.

I never played the Warhammer franchise and i was interested in playing Warhammer Online. I'll be looking more in depth to this and keeping at eye out on the E3 media converage.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:20 pm
Shortly after Warhammer online launched they announced their subscriber count, a promising 800,000.

In December this fell to "a little over 300,000". according to EA's financial report

Just something to keep in mind about Warhammer Online.  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:35 pm
i said "i was" interested. Not really sure if i want to anymore. Ill wait for Guild Wars 2 to be my next MMO to spend 2000+ hours in 3nodding

But i read the RTS genre of Warhammer does pretty well and has a nice sized fan base.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:33 am
Tr0n714
i said "i was" interested. Not really sure if i want to anymore. Ill wait for Guild Wars 2 to be my next MMO to spend 2000+ hours in 3nodding

But i read the RTS genre of Warhammer does pretty well and has a nice sized fan base.

I shall raise your 2000+ and make that 3000+ for me! beat that.

Dreaming of the Day

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:28 am
Bethesda threw a big suprise my way and a little bit of dissapointment. I was hoping and pretty positive that they were developing the next Elder Scrolls game. Instead they are developing a game called Brink.

No information leaked about this game what so ever. Just this Teaser Trailer.

Brink Teaser Trailer  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:21 pm
I was blown away from the Split Second Gameplay. Which proves Disney knows what their doing.
E3 Split Second Gameplay Trailer  

KRaZyAmmo

yeahime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:11 pm
So, Microsoft had their E3 press conference today.

As of this writing, EA is having there's.

There were some none exclusive's discussed at Microsoft's including Beatles Rock Band (exclusive DLC (one song, with proceeds being donated to charity) announced), Modern Warfare 2 (with the first 2 map-packs being announced as timed exclusives). Final Fantasy XII.

Exclusives announced/discussed: Left 4 Dead 2, which will be larger than the first and have melee weapons, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Halo: ODST, Halo:Reach announced. Forza 3. Alan Wake. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

A Metal Gear Solid game was announced for the 360, the word "exclusive" was never said during this announcement, however much earlier it was stated that all games announced then onward were exclusive.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff