Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:35 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Couple things:

Cell phones have little GPS systems in them. You can turn it off pretty easy, there's a setting for it. However, if you call 911, it turns itself on and cannot be deactivated for 30 minutes or so. This allows the cops to both crack down on prank calls and track possible kidnapped/half-dead callers. You might use this to your advantage.

Pepper spray, AFAIK, has little to no legal limits on it. Firearms end bear attacks 67% of the time. Bear mace ends it 92% of the time. I'm pretty sure bear mace would ******** a man up so bad he'd WISH you'd had a knife. It's also cheaper and easier to defend. Carrying a fighting knife like a KA-BAR is a bit suspicious, like you were looking for it. Mace is less so.

I think in Japan you need a permit or some such s**t for mace.
Or was it a taser?

Oh well, yeah Bear mace is nasty s**t, I heard its all sticky and goopy.

Also, aren't the cans extremely large too?
They're roughly the size of a small fire extinguisher.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
How can you hide that?
Props if you can do it though.

That 'looking' for trouble s**t is the same thing they spout about having a concealed weapon, it's all bullshit.
Tell them that you have some allergies and don't want to risk being exposed to mace.
If you get a head wind some of that is going in your eyes and mouth.

Yeah, the cell phone GPS will help the cops find you. It's a dice roll if they find you alive, get out your D20s, difficulty of 15.
I swear I've seen smaller cans of bear mace, but it's been a while since I was at REI so my memory could be hazy. Maybe something like this though? I know it's possible to be immune to tear gas, but the mace should still kick their asses.

Yeah, but it's better to call 911, say 'help', then hang up and have the cops track your phone than it is to hang on the phone and talk to the douchy operator while fighting off two dudes with baseball bats.

Oh, and remember the other old saying: in a knife fight, NOBODY wins.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:05 pm
The simplest thing you can do is consult an officer, though most often they DON'T know the law and make p some measurement. The statutes don't give a prohibited length, just no autos or throwing stars.  

uryu ishida

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:18 pm
All right. Since her and I live in different towns i will wait until saturday to go to the cops in her home town (also my mother's, divorced parents) and i'll hand over all the information i have.

Also as of yet i don't have a cell phone because i never really had a need for one until recently.

I'll also talk to the cops and see what they recomend for self defense before i make my final decision.

Also what legal ramifications could she/they face for threatening me?  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:32 pm
Harassment charges, easilly.  

Freak_090
Captain

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:46 pm
On the subject of mace, I think it's a little bit of a gamble. The possibility of getting it on yourself. Or what if the new boyfriend hassles you with the girl around? What if you use it and it gets on her, too? Sure she's a b***h but would you want to mace her? Maybe it's just my childish honor. Either way I'd be more trusting of something more solid.

Whatever you choose, though, make sure it has... uh... stage presence. If you get a knife, get one with a stainless blade and polish it up. If you get a baton, get it in chrome or stainless steel over blued or darkened or whatever. If just whipping it out is enough to make someone think twice, that's the best you can ask for. The best fight is the one that doesn't happen.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:19 pm
Hmm it was along time ago but does anyone remember the shark knife that shot out air to blow apart the internal organs?  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:16 pm
Orkronos
Hmm it was along time ago but does anyone remember the shark knife that shot out air to blow apart the internal organs?
Oh dear god, the WASP? He'd ******** detonate like he ate a box of nitroglycerin-Os for breakfast.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:19 pm
ArmasTermin
On the subject of mace, I think it's a little bit of a gamble. The possibility of getting it on yourself. Or what if the new boyfriend hassles you with the girl around? What if you use it and it gets on her, too? Sure she's a b***h but would you want to mace her? Maybe it's just my childish honor. Either way I'd be more trusting of something more solid.

Whatever you choose, though, make sure it has... uh... stage presence. If you get a knife, get one with a stainless blade and polish it up. If you get a baton, get it in chrome or stainless steel over blued or darkened or whatever. If just whipping it out is enough to make someone think twice, that's the best you can ask for. The best fight is the one that doesn't happen.

The girl is just as much as a threat, if not more, she is no lady.

And after talking the whole situation over with my boss/friend i've decided not to file a report unless they contact me again (we basically arrived at a leave me alone i leave you alone at the end of argument before i blocked her). But i'm still interested in getting the knife, recomandations?  

war_junky 91

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:29 pm
Fresnel
Orkronos
Oh dear god, the WASP? He'd ******** detonate like he ate a box of nitroglycerin-Os for breakfast.
He would START detonating, but then he would shatter from the tissue freezing from the expanding gasses. Well, a portion about the size of a basketball, anyway. Which is not an insignificant amount in any way.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:41 pm
uryu ishida
Fresnel
Orkronos
He would START detonating, but then he would shatter from the tissue freezing from the expanding gasses. Well, a portion about the size of a basketball, anyway. Which is not an insignificant amount in any way.
Yes, But you wont have to worry about him hurting you now will you?  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:27 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Couple things:

Cell phones have little GPS systems in them. You can turn it off pretty easy, there's a setting for it. However, if you call 911, it turns itself on and cannot be deactivated for 30 minutes or so. This allows the cops to both crack down on prank calls and track possible kidnapped/half-dead callers. You might use this to your advantage.

Pepper spray, AFAIK, has little to no legal limits on it. Firearms end bear attacks 67% of the time. Bear mace ends it 92% of the time. I'm pretty sure bear mace would ******** a man up so bad he'd WISH you'd had a knife. It's also cheaper and easier to defend. Carrying a fighting knife like a KA-BAR is a bit suspicious, like you were looking for it. Mace is less so.

I think in Japan you need a permit or some such s**t for mace.
Or was it a taser?

Oh well, yeah Bear mace is nasty s**t, I heard its all sticky and goopy.

Also, aren't the cans extremely large too?
They're roughly the size of a small fire extinguisher.
How can you hide that?
Props if you can do it though.

That 'looking' for trouble s**t is the same thing they spout about having a concealed weapon, it's all bullshit.
Tell them that you have some allergies and don't want to risk being exposed to mace.
If you get a head wind some of that is going in your eyes and mouth.

Yeah, the cell phone GPS will help the cops find you. It's a dice roll if they find you alive, get out your D20s, difficulty of 15.
I swear I've seen smaller cans of bear mace, but it's been a while since I was at REI so my memory could be hazy. Maybe something like this though? I know it's possible to be immune to tear gas, but the mace should still kick their asses.

Yeah, but it's better to call 911, say 'help', then hang up and have the cops track your phone than it is to hang on the phone and talk to the douchy operator while fighting off two dudes with baseball bats.

Oh, and remember the other old saying: in a knife fight, NOBODY wins.

Yeah, the operator will tell you to stay calm and don't hurt anyone. Or some such crap. :/
And god forbid if you say 'I've got a gun.'
Then they'll say 'omfg don't shoot anyone!!1' and somehow get the response there faster, which they should be going as fast as they can anyway.

Yeah, when people get maced they tend to either writhe in pain, or just get blinded and start swinging wildly.

Yeah, if someone pulls a knife on me, I'm grabbing a gun even if I have to run. ******** that, I don't want to get cut up.
I've been cut before, it doesn't feel good.

I'll take a few punches, sure that's fine, I'll risk getting shot.
But stabbed...
Christ.

Recommendation on a knife?

Well, I still suggest the KA-BAR.
They're neat looking, go good in any display and they're functional.
Have been for how many decades?

Many different types and styles. Personally I like the older types, wood or leather handles, with or without serration.'

And since they're fairly common and asked for a lot and have a big name I'm sure there's a fairly big selection of sheaths for them.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:35 pm
Knife recomendations? Uh oh, someone asked Armas for knife recomendations. You know what that means...

Glock 78 Field Knife!

It's the best knife ever! 6.5" blade's got a Rockwell hardness of 55-50. Anti-reflective coating. The handle's made of the same plastic they put on Glock pistols. And there's no worry about kb!s because it's a knife! Comes in a Kydex sheath that somehow blends a solid lock-up with a quick release. How many knives do that? Comes in tan, OD green, or black to match any outfit in serrated or non-serrated versions (the serrations are useless, buy non-serrated.) I'm sure you're thinking "That sounds like a kickass knife" by now. But I'm not done. The Glock 78 Field Knife is also perfectly balanced for throwing and comes at a paltry $30 pricetag. Somebody trying to open a bottle of beer but they have no bottle-opener? Well you do! The blade's cross-bar finger protection guard doubles as a handy bottle opener.

Other uses:
Paperweight
Letter opener
Display piece
Conversation starter
Crocodile Dundee impersonations
Cutting stuff
Chopping wood
Sex toy (handle)
Bear repellant
Juggling club substitute
Package opener
One-way boomerang
Overcompensating
Ability to say "Excuse me while I whip this out"
Staple puller
...And many more!  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:03 pm

The Eight Dollar Mountain Foundry "No, ******** YOU" knife. They specialize in putting knuckledusters on blades. For any of you interested, they also make M7/M9/OKCS/AK-47 bayonets with knuckledusters on them.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:31 pm
a CRKT m16 should be good. Spring assist, $30-45

Or a S&W SORT knife. Search for it on trueswords.com  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:02 am
Fresnel

The Eight Dollar Mountain Foundry "No, ******** YOU" knife. They specialize in putting knuckledusters on blades. For any of you interested, they also make M7/M9/OKCS/AK-47 bayonets with knuckledusters on them.

Another reason to get an AK.
wink  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas