Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Should euthanization be legal in America? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should it?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:54 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Silver Screen
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
I love how since so far everyone agrees the debate is pretty much over. razz

That actually happens a lot in this guild. When people stop debating differences we just start chatting.
xd Which sounds pretty good to me.
Here's a new question:

If we all agree unanimously, then why are these things so universally illegal?

Because this guild is comprised of logically intelligent people. The government is comprised of corrupt, self-righteous pricks who can't debate worth a s**t, but can do at least a moderate job of twisting words around, and dodging points.
We need to do the world a favor and become politicians. I'm squeaky clean... WHO'S WITH ME?
Ooh! Rachel is! Rachel is!  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:56 am
Fresnel
Kats Scratches

She burns like the sun, and I can't look away

Two things.

the world is overpopulated, legalize it.

NOT EVERYONE IS FROM AMERICA. AMERICA DOES NOT EQUAL THE ENTIRE WORLD.

She'll burn our horizons, make no mistake.
Yet.

Give us a couple decades, would you?
Exxxxxactly. America runs the world, very unfortunately, so we'll make the best of our situation.

I plan to become a lawyer anyway, so mayyybe I'll get bumped up to a judge, and then to a political office. smile

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:57 am
Man, the month the USA says euthanization is legal, the population will significantly decrease I think. Especially in teenagers.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:43 pm
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Man, the month the USA says euthanization is legal, the population will significantly decrease I think. Especially in teenagers.
Good. Then those emo ******** won't be bothering me any more.  

Fresnel

Citizen

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:14 pm
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
HEY! That's not cool at all man. Don't stereotype suicidal people like that, seriously. I have a bunch of friends who really contemplate their existence and are suicidal. Even I am. I think of suicide on a daily basis, and I'm going to be admitted into a mental institution either tonight or tomorrow.

There are some retarded ******** that try to romanticize suicide and all, the dumb emo kids, but not all suicidal people are emo.
I am definitely not.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:42 pm
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
HEY! That's not cool at all man. Don't stereotype suicidal people like that, seriously. I have a bunch of friends who really contemplate their existence and are suicidal. Even I am. I think of suicide on a daily basis, and I'm going to be admitted into a mental institution either tonight or tomorrow.

There are some retarded ******** that try to romanticize suicide and all, the dumb emo kids, but not all suicidal people are emo.
I am definitely not.
Damn you, emotionless media!

The internet needs two upgrades: a foolproof way to show sarcasm, and a foolproof way to punch someone else in the d**k for being a ********.  

Fresnel

Citizen

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:42 pm
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN

I am definitely not.

The internet needs two upgrades: a foolproof way to show sarcasm, and a foolproof way to punch someone else in the d**k for being a ******** class="clear">
OH! Oooooops. sweatdrop

Most definitely agreed.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:06 am

I was being serious, all caps-rape aside. America does not equal the entire world, and most people seem to think that every questionable issue is reserved only for Americans. The entire world has these problems. They have welfare problems, housing problems, employment problems... There aren't just gays in america that want to marry each other! The WHOLE WORLD is full of gays that want to get married.

Stop. Being. So. Self. Centred. America.

Kats Scratches

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:56 am
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN

I am definitely not.

The internet needs two upgrades: a foolproof way to show sarcasm, and a foolproof way to punch someone else in the d**k for being a ******** class="clear">

The latter would come in handy in the "Swords" thread, huh?  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:43 am
Kats Scratches

I was being serious, all caps-rape aside. America does not equal the entire world, and most people seem to think that every questionable issue is reserved only for Americans. The entire world has these problems. They have welfare problems, housing problems, employment problems... There aren't just gays in america that want to marry each other! The WHOLE WORLD is full of gays that want to get married.

Some countries already have it legalised. I guess I really don't see the problem here.  

Kuchen Fairy

Kats Scratches

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:36 am
Silver Screen
Kats Scratches

Some countries already have it legalised. I guess I really don't see the problem here.

Oh god, you silly Americans just don't get the point, do you? The rest of the world is all just a big joke, and as long as there's food on your plates and a roof over your head, it really doesn't matter?

Yes.
some countries have it legalized. Some. That's the point. America is not the only overpopulated country in the world, it's also not the only country that could do to lose a couple of vegetables or terminally ill people. Hate to sound harsh, but there it is. That's what we're talking about, here, isn't it?

My point is: America is not the only country in need of change. America is not the only country that have citizens speaking out, trying to make a change. I guess you're all so wrapped up in your own problems that you don't really see the world around you.

I watched my Aunt die a slow, painful death because she didn't have any alternative.

How the ******** is legalizing this s**t in
America going to help people in other countries deal with it?

It's not the issue itself I have a problem with, it's people believing that goddamn America is the centre of the ******** universe.

Just becuse something is legal/illegal in America does not mean that everyone has a happy ending. But of course once your order has been filled, no one will give a s**t, because you're all happy about your changes- who cares about the rest of the world, right? They're just a minor part of the world that has little consequence to everything.

"Oh how cute, Australia has legally recognized de facto gay relationships." This is nowhere near as close to same-sex marriage that we've been fighting to have the right for for decades. All this did was fix a glitch in the welfare system.

But of course, no one cares, because it's not in America.

That's my whole little rant in here. Maybe I should make a thread about it?

I can appreciate that some Americans value the worth of other countries, but the vast majority are living in their own little world, and it's like Australia, the UK, Asia and Europe are planets that have little to do with the lives of ********. You. All.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:49 pm
Kats Scratches
Silver Screen
Kats Scratches

Oh god, you silly Americans just don't get the point, do you? The rest of the world is all just a big joke, and as long as there's food on your plates and a roof over your head, it really doesn't matter?

Yes.
some countries have it legalized. Some. That's the point. America is not the only overpopulated country in the world, it's also not the only country that could do to lose a couple of vegetables or terminally ill people. Hate to sound harsh, but there it is. That's what we're talking about, here, isn't it?

My point is: America is not the only country in need of change. America is not the only country that have citizens speaking out, trying to make a change. I guess you're all so wrapped up in your own problems that you don't really see the world around you.

I watched my Aunt die a slow, painful death because she didn't have any alternative.

It's not the issue itself I have a problem with, it's people believing that goddamn America is the centre of the ******** universe.

Just becuse something is legal/illegal in America does not mean that everyone has a happy ending. But of course once your order has been filled, no one will give a s**t, because you're all happy about your changes- who cares about the rest of the world, right? They're just a minor part of the world that has little consequence to everything.

"Oh how cute, Australia has legally recognized de facto gay relationships." This is nowhere near as close to same-sex marriage that we've been fighting to have the right for for decades. All this did was fix a glitch in the welfare system.

I can appreciate that some Americans value the worth of other countries, but the vast majority are living in their own little world, and it's like Australia, the UK, Asia and Europe are planets that have little to do with the lives of ********. You. All.
Kat, here's how it is. We're AMERICAN. We care about OURSELVES. What the ******** can we do to change laws in Timbuktu? Nothing, but we can change laws here. So we discuss laws here. You think your own ******** politicians would listen to angry letters from ANOTHER COUNTRY? No, they'd laugh, say 'they're not voting for me anyway!' and chuck them in the trash bin. We can't change your s**t, only you can. We can change our s**t though, so that's what we discuss.  

Fresnel

Citizen

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:06 pm
Kats Scratches
Silver Screen
Kats Scratches

Yes.

HAHAHA. I got to the first sentence and just stopped.
I'm not American, so bugger off and come back when you've got a legit argument for people like me who aren't American but still aren't offended by the fact that this thread is directed towards Americans.

Also, calm down. If you can't discuss this s**t politely then just don't discuss it at all. I don't put up with rude peoples' bullshit.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:13 pm
Fresnel
Kats Scratches
Silver Screen
Kats Scratches

Yes.

Kat, here's how it is. We're AMERICAN. We care about OURSELVES. What the ******** can we do to change laws in Timbuktu? Nothing, but we can change laws here. So we discuss laws here. You think your own ******** politicians would listen to angry letters from ANOTHER COUNTRY? No, they'd laugh, say 'they're not voting for me anyway!' and chuck them in the trash bin. We can't change your s**t, only you can. We can change our s**t though, so that's what we discuss.

This is meant to be an international forum, Fresnel. For people that are from all corners of the globe.

Kats Scratches

Kats Scratches

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:17 pm
Silver Screen
Kats Scratches
Silver Screen
Kats Scratches

Yes.

HAHAHA. I got to the first sentence and just stopped.
I'm not American, so bugger off and come back when you've got a legit argument for people like me who aren't American but still aren't offended by the fact that this thread is directed towards Americans.

Also, calm down. If you can't discuss this s**t politely then just don't discuss it at all. I don't put up with rude peoples' bullshit.

I'm offended because last time I was in the ED (A long time ago, I'll give you that.) about 3/4 of the threads were directed straight at Americans or American problems.

This place is meant to be an escape from that? Whatever.

I apologize for being rude, but is it so wrong that perhaps I get a little sick of all these 'IN AMERICA!' threads all over the place?

Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff