Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:29 am
Fresnel
uryu ishida
He should have kept them. .30 carbine pistols are extremely rare now and possibly worth a TON. Much more than a laod of bricks, anyway.

Two and a half hours till the shop opens, THEN the box is mien!
.30 carbine revolvers are still in current production. Ruger makes one... one of their -hawk models, I forget which.
It looks like Ruger makes a Blackhawk (single action revolver) in .30 Carbine, but there is no indicator on whether or not they still sell it. I'd ask a local gunshop if they can order one. MSRP is $541.

I may look to see if it's still in the Dealer's Catalog when I stop by the shop. In about half an hour, actually.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:25 pm
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
He should have kept them. .30 carbine pistols are extremely rare now and possibly worth a TON. Much more than a laod of bricks, anyway.

Two and a half hours till the shop opens, THEN the box is mien!
.30 carbine revolvers are still in current production. Ruger makes one... one of their -hawk models, I forget which.
It looks like Ruger makes a Blackhawk (single action revolver) in .30 Carbine, but there is no indicator on whether or not they still sell it. I'd ask a local gunshop if they can order one. MSRP is $541.

I may look to see if it's still in the Dealer's Catalog when I stop by the shop. In about half an hour, actually.

Underwood M1 Carbine Service Grade on the CMP is $565, Inland is $495.

I'm betting an M1 Carbine is cooler than the Blackhawk.  

Barru

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:16 pm
They were talking about .30CAR revolvers, and Fres mentioned the --Hawk, and then I pointed out it was the Blackhawk (big bore Single Action) I have an Inland-based Mixmaster (Inland reciever, barrel, and trigger, Underwood oprod, and RIA stock and front sight)

Horrible day today.
THe other box got sold yesterday, while I was rideless.
He STILL can't get a 20g 870 in
His only AR is STILL being payed on by someone else
The Saiga 12 is too much
He's getting in SIX AR-22s (.22LR dedicated AR-15s, supposedly made by Walther, stamped colt, exactly like an AR but with .22LR innards) but doesn't remember off the top of his head what they'll retail for.
A check of mine bounced, because mom took FIVE ******** DOLLARS out without telling me.
Damn, today sucked.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:02 pm
uryu ishida
They were talking about .30CAR revolvers, and Fres mentioned the --Hawk, and then I pointed out it was the Blackhawk (big bore Single Action) I have an Inland-based Mixmaster (Inland reciever, barrel, and trigger, Underwood oprod, and RIA stock and front sight)

Horrible day today.
The Saiga 12 is too much
He's getting in SIX AR-22s (.22LR dedicated AR-15s, supposedly made by Walther, stamped colt, exactly like an AR but with .22LR innards) but doesn't remember off the top of his head what they'll retail for.
A check of mine bounced, because mom took FIVE ******** DOLLARS out without telling me.
Damn, today sucked

Balls.  

OberFeldwebel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:09 am
OberFeldwebel
uryu ishida

Horrible day today.
The Saiga 12 is too much
Damn, today sucked

Balls.
To make it worse, if they had simply payed the check, and charged me the overdraft and fee, I could have payed it and STILL had gas money left over. But instead, they didn't pay the check, they simply charged me the fee, which ******** me because now I have ot take ALL my money to get the amount back up to what I need and then re-send the check, in money order form this time.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:35 pm
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel
uryu ishida

Horrible day today.
The Saiga 12 is too much
Damn, today sucked

Balls.
To make it worse, if they had simply payed the check, and charged me the overdraft and fee, I could have payed it and STILL had gas money left over. But instead, they didn't pay the check, they simply charged me the fee, which ******** me because now I have ot take ALL my money to get the amount back up to what I need and then re-send the check, in money order form this time.

Damn.

I almost got screwed a bit as well.

I went and reserved a trailer on Saturday for use on Tuesday of this current week to pick up a motor. I would have gone in the same day or the day before to rent one but I rented earlier to make sure that I got one with no last minute, "******** ******** ******** ******** ********, it turned out that I could use the neighbor's trailer instead of having the hassle and fine timeline of picking up the trailer, getting there, getting the motor on, get home, get the motor off the trailer, then getting the trailer up to the damn place before it closed at 6:30. All that fantastic jazz.
If I did rent the trailer I would have had to drive from Forest Lake MN to Stevens Point WI a little past 9:00, which is when they open and a stop at the bank to get the money, which is when they open as well.
3 hrs 46 mins, with good traffic. With traffic I would round up to 4 - 4 1/2 hrs.

It's possible I guess, I didn't have any vehicle or trailer problems, but I didn't have a deadline either. If I did I'm sure Murphy's Law would have reigned true and I would have gotten a flat on the trailer, hit a deer or some such s**t. Making me keep the trailer over night, and I'm sure there's a fee for doing something like that.

Anyway, I missed all that and even borrowed an engine stand, yippee!

To the point, I called later that day, Saturday the day I reserved a trailer, and they wanted to charge me a cancellation fee.
I got out of the fee because no one told me about there being a cancellation fee and really, if there was, I thought it would have been for the people who DON'T inform them outside the 24 hour period that they want for cancellations.
Apparently there's a percentage, 20% of the rental fee outside of the 24 hr mark and 100% inside the 24 hr mark.

Still be checking the credit card statement making sure they don't slip any s**t in there.  

OberFeldwebel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:54 pm
OberFeldwebel
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel
uryu ishida

Horrible day today.
The Saiga 12 is too much
Damn, today sucked

Balls.

Damn.

I went and reserved a trailer on Saturday for use on Tuesday of this current week to pick up a motor. I would have gone in the same day or the day before to rent one but I rented earlier to make sure that I got one with no last minute, "******** ******** ******** ******** ********, it turned out that I could use the neighbor's trailer instead of having the hassle and fine timeline of picking up the trailer, getting there, getting the motor on, get home, get the motor off the trailer, then getting the trailer up to the damn place before it closed at 6:30. All that fantastic jazz.
If I did rent the trailer I would have had to drive from Forest Lake MN to Stevens Point WI a little past 9:00, which is when they open and a stop at the bank to get the money, which is when they open as well.
3 hrs 46 mins, with good traffic. With traffic I would round up to 4 - 4 1/2 hrs.

It's possible I guess, I didn't have any vehicle or trailer problems, but I didn't have a deadline either. If I did I'm sure Murphy's Law would have reigned true and I would have gotten a flat on the trailer, hit a deer or some such s**t. Making me keep the trailer over night, and I'm sure there's a fee for doing something like that.

To the point, I called later that day, Saturday the day I reserved a trailer, and they wanted to charge me a cancellation fee.
I got out of the fee because no one told me about there being a cancellation fee and really, if there was, I thought it would have been for the people who DON'T inform them outside the 24 hour period that they want for cancellations.
Apparently there's a percentage, 20% of the rental fee outside of the 24 hr mark and 100% inside the 24 hr mark.

Still be checking the credit card statement making sure they don't slip any s**t in there.
Indeed, if you have to, tell the credit company that you haven't authorized any charges.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:04 pm
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel
uryu ishida

Horrible day today.
The Saiga 12 is too much
Damn, today sucked

Balls.

Damn.

Indeed, if you have to, tell the credit company that you haven't authorized any charges.

Ah, I didn't think of that.
If it comes up I'll do that.
After all, they did say they wouldn't charge me.  

OberFeldwebel

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces