Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Bethesda is officially stupid. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:22 pm
Ok, the game Wet that Bethesda recently bought a few months/weeks ago. Has a TBA release date in the fall of 2009. I find this as a really stupid, hastey move.

This game has been passed/coded by so many different companies for around 1-2 years. Adding on their code can ruin the potential of this game. If this game isnt polished and done right i will be displeased with Bethesda's rash decision in this game. I have looked forward to this with this when i heard about it and im very curious.

I have worked on other people's java programs and websites that have been passed around, and it is a big mess. Being able to take different companies code and to make this a great/good game in such a short amount of time will either 1) Amaze/suprise me or 2) the game was so close to being finished that Bethesda took the game and reap off any profits that they can make out of it by only working only several months on the game.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:40 pm
I'm guessing number 2.  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:24 am
If the alien DLC looks like Point Lookout to a point. I think you should take back calling Bethesda stupid xD. I was iffy on Zenimax working on the DLC but Point Lookout looks amazing/intruiging.

Heres the trailer for anyone who didnt see it: Point Lookout Trailer  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:32 am
Just looking at the trailer, I'm getting Pitt syndrome. When I watched the Pitt trailer, I thought, "Oh man, this place looks so big and epic! I could spend hours going through this!" its was actually quite different in real life. Still, looking at some of the weapons showed on the wiki page, I am really happy to see they finally added a shovel.....that's right, I don't care about anything else, I just wanted to use a shovel in Fallout 3.  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:49 pm
go shovels xD

im kinda excited cause this looks like a zombie apocolyspe thing going on for this DLC  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:15 pm
I'm looking forward to the double-barrelled shoddy and stronger enemies more than anything else right now.  

pathetic_negi_magician

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:49 pm
Well heres the WET Trailer, the game looks like it is nicely polished. Bethesda has only had this title for only a few months and will be released this fall.

It looks kinda like Bethesda will be laughing there way to the bank with this title.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:58 pm
And there was absolutely no news about an Elder Scrolls V at E3 WHATSOEVER scream  

Lah Cupcake

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:13 pm
Uhm, do you guys seriously think point lookout looks good? I mean, come on, really?

Let's take a step back, okay? Fallout is supposed to be about a post-nuclear apocolyptic wasteland, right? With me so far? The insane amount of radiation has caused mutations over the course of a few hundred years to scorpions and other wildlife. Furthering the mess is an experimental super soldier serum gone wrong turning people into Super Mutants. Ok, sounds like a somewhat feasible story.

Now, how does the back woods of Maryland with hillbillies trying to eat you fit into any of this? Really, if I'm trying to survive in a wasteland, why would I go fight hillbillies? Now, you can argue "but nitnit, we're tying to save the wasteland" Ok. Fine. You can fight the enclave, stop the super mutants, do whatever, but Bethesda needs to come up with a damn good story as to why we're fighting friggan hillbillies.

Next up, you guys are going to say "but nitnit, we want to use a double barrel shotgun". Guys. How is a double barrel shotgun going to possibly be an upgrade to the insane guns introduced in Broken Steel? How is a double barrel shotgun even going to compare to the Plasma Rifle from the original game? Logically it makes no sense, and I highly doubt it will beat out the tesla cannon.

Also, I really don't like how after Fallout 1, the series has increasingly become almost comical. Fallout 2 had waaay too many references to pop culture to be taken that seriously. Fallout 3 went from being somewhere in between 1 and 2 in terms of seriousness, but the next two DLCs look like jokes. Seriously, we went from a relatively epic story of purifying the river / fighting the threat to wasteland humans, the enclave and mutants, to fighting hillbillies and being abducted by aliens.

God damn guys. Let's just see if Beth can make this not a joke. I really hope so, but I doubt they can. Hopefully Obsidian will make the Fallout franchise respectable among true RPG fans with Fallout: Las Vegas

As for wet. The game looks like it could be a decent action shoot em up, but I really have stopped liking games for their trailers. Nothing against Beth in general, just rarely is the game like the trailer. The graphics look kind of dated, especially compared to what we saw in Assassins Creed 2 for example, and you can make an argument that Bethesda bought it from someone else... well, they really didn't need to do that, now did they? At least they're finally just putting out straight up action games instead of action games with a level up system.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:05 pm
All i have to say to nit is "Lawls rofl why not?!"

Cant we just enjoy the DLC? xD I mean yes it doesnt tie into the story what so ever. The DLC isnt canon either. I forget the word for what this is called, but dont you find this DLC interesting?

I mean in the world of Fallout not everything has to be a nuclear wasteland. A swamp may be a nice change of scenery. I mean, unless 1 atomic bomb from china destroyed all of the USA.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:43 pm
Because, it's stupid. Where have they ever stated that DLC is not canon..?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:23 pm
Who said it was 3nodding ?  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:39 pm
The fact that the current IP holder of the Fallout series is releasing expansions to the game via DLC, that all add on the to the game world (except broken steel, which just adds what should have been a part of the game in the first place). It can be assumed that unless stated otherwise the events and locations added through the DLC is canon and a part of the Fallout mythos.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:44 pm
nitnit
Uhm, do you guys seriously think point lookout looks good? I mean, come on, really?

Let's take a step back, okay? Fallout is supposed to be about a post-nuclear apocolyptic wasteland, right? With me so far? The insane amount of radiation has caused mutations over the course of a few hundred years to scorpions and other wildlife. Furthering the mess is an experimental super soldier serum gone wrong turning people into Super Mutants. Ok, sounds like a somewhat feasible story.

Now, how does the back woods of Maryland with hillbillies trying to eat you fit into any of this? Really, if I'm trying to survive in a wasteland, why would I go fight hillbillies? Now, you can argue "but nitnit, we're tying to save the wasteland" Ok. Fine. You can fight the enclave, stop the super mutants, do whatever, but Bethesda needs to come up with a damn good story as to why we're fighting friggan hillbillies.

Next up, you guys are going to say "but nitnit, we want to use a double barrel shotgun". Guys. How is a double barrel shotgun going to possibly be an upgrade to the insane guns introduced in Broken Steel? How is a double barrel shotgun even going to compare to the Plasma Rifle from the original game? Logically it makes no sense, and I highly doubt it will beat out the tesla cannon.

Also, I really don't like how after Fallout 1, the series has increasingly become almost comical. Fallout 2 had waaay too many references to pop culture to be taken that seriously. Fallout 3 went from being somewhere in between 1 and 2 in terms of seriousness, but the next two DLCs look like jokes. Seriously, we went from a relatively epic story of purifying the river / fighting the threat to wasteland humans, the enclave and mutants, to fighting hillbillies and being abducted by aliens.

God damn guys. Let's just see if Beth can make this not a joke. I really hope so, but I doubt they can. Hopefully Obsidian will make the Fallout franchise respectable among true RPG fans with Fallout: Las Vegas

As for wet. The game looks like it could be a decent action shoot em up, but I really have stopped liking games for their trailers. Nothing against Beth in general, just rarely is the game like the trailer. The graphics look kind of dated, especially compared to what we saw in Assassins Creed 2 for example, and you can make an argument that Bethesda bought it from someone else... well, they really didn't need to do that, now did they? At least they're finally just putting out straight up action games instead of action games with a level up system.

I think its the fact that its NOT like the rest of the game that has me interested. I wasn't too big on Operation Achorage, but it was nice to have that break in the scenery. I see where you're coming from with the whole "what does this have to do with anything?", but that's what I thought about almost every DLC pack (except for Borken Steel), and by the end of those I still thought it was weird, but at the same time I didn't care. It was the fact that it wasn't what the rest of the game was that made it fun.  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:39 am
VxMystxV
And there was absolutely no news about an Elder Scrolls V at E3 WHATSOEVER scream

I share your pain, im kinda sad they are making Brink, a 3rd person rpg like shooter(thats what it looks like to me), instead of the next Elder Scrolls.

Haratio TaFotter
it was nice to have that break in the scenery

See, someone else agrees with me xd  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out