Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

useless facts?
  nobody cares
  ooh ooh, i've got one
  WOW.......DOCXIME I LOVE YOU
  wrong, what actually happened was.........
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:57 am
I somehow managed to get an A* at my sciences O.O I remember bloody working my arse off on teh periodic table and molecular structures in chemistry. Bunsen burners and setting fire to hydrogen baloons were fun, but never again -haha Too confusing and memory-based.

*huggles history*

hrmmm....

Diiid you know that around 2 million people demonstrated in 1989 before the Berlin wall came down?

And that one dictator (I don't think it was Hoencker..but may have been XD) made his dog the secretary of war?

That Mao made his subjects sit on their rooftops and shoot all the sparrows when he thought they were eating all the vital crop grains, and that this instead meant that the crops were ovverrun with caterpillars?

That kiwi birds (while having a long bill) officially have the shortest bill recorded, becaus its nostrils are on the end of it's beak?  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:25 am
i got a B at GCSE science....

well..
bees navigate using UV light so when it snows bees have been seen flying upsde down.

Stout (guiness) was invented because roasting the hops before brewing them allowed them to dodge taxes.

by english law you can't murder someone while drunk unless you wanted to kill them before you got drunk.

and the most shocking fact of all is that have run out of teabags gonk gonk gonk  

Docxime

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:46 am
*le gasp*

also by english law necrophilia is appaently not technically illegal

And ladies, apparently (correct me if this is an old wive's tale or not) the length of your foot is equivalent to how wide your lady-parts can stretchwhen you're giving birth. Women with small feet are more likely to have narrow hips and so more likely to have problems apparently.

cocoa-cola used to be a medicine, and then people liked the taste

It was common for medieval men to share beds with no homoerotic over/undertones. yup

Georgian-style fake spots were used to cover syphaliss scars

'fumet' means deer droppings

Greeks&Romans knew of steam power

Hippos kill more people per year than crocodiles

And on the topic of teabags, teabags were not an intentional invention. companies used to send tea samples to customers in little silk bags/packets. the public assumes this was how to use them and simply dunked the bag with teh tea in it into tehri tea. It turns out people actually quite like dthsi way of brewing tea and so teh teabag was born  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:23 am
thats where the phrase "i like women with big tits and small feet" came from i believe (not entirely sure).

cast iron has more carbon in it than steel (although steel is the name for the iron+carbon mix)

those with a low iron count get drunk easier

ants move twice as fast if you raise the temp by 10 degrees

concrete in fallout bunkers emit radon gas (irony)  

Docxime

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:46 am
cuz dying in prolongued agony for days is so much fun. Least she's got big boobs * whee inrony whee whee *

seriously i want to be gutted like a fish "gimmie a caesarian!"

lol  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:33 pm
Well your women with small feet fact makes sense DT because usually women with small feet tend to be smaller in general. Smaller hips=harder to give birth naturally.
But then I call BS since I know someone with GIANT hips but tiny little feet. I don't think she'll have too much trouble with giving birth since she happens to be pregnant right now.
There always has to be an exception to the rule, I suppose.

The phrase you said "I like women with big tits and small feet" may come from the chinese tradition of binding feet. It also may be that traditional senses of beauty have dainty women with small hands and presumably, small feet. Women just tend to have smaller hands and feet in general though.
The thought just came to mind, if someone really lives by that phrase; then they must hate Paris Hilton.
Small boobs and large feet.
I believe they're size 11 if I'm remembering correctly.

Vending machines kill more people in a year than sharks.

Clear ice froze faster than foggy ice since the "fog" is air bubbles. If the ice freezes fast enough they don't have time to form thus giving you clear ice.

Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head at the moment but I'll come back more with others.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Fate-J

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:44 am
OMG! This is so interesting biggrin
Ill come back soon, after im done with my homework):

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:50 am
rats can't get drunk as they metabolise alcohol too quickly.

diamond is the best thermal conducter known to man.

strychnine is the most bitter substance known to man.

nitroglycerine has theraputic effects to sufferers of heart conditions (so working with extreamely dangerous explosives makes your heart stonger lol )  

Docxime

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:56 am
some lemurs bite into a specific millipede on purpose because it's poison makes them get high

Elks also have been now to seek out and eat magic mushrooms for the same reason  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:15 pm
Wow, so much weird stuff on here!
Lesee... Well, we have a couple of freaky laws here in Kentucky.
In the city of Lexington, it is illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your pocket on a Sunday afternoon, and you can even go to jail for it...
DIdn't know anyone every did that...

Apparently, there's some law in our local high school that says you don't have to have AP Calculus or something like that to be a Valedictorian. Our valedictorian didn't have the class, and one of her parents was a lawyer and found some loophole... She didn't deserve it, though.

...Oh, yeah, George Washington, America's first President went to the... Barbados Islands and supposedly had an affair with one of the women there. Nine months later, Alexander Hamilton was born, the same one that later helped Washington in the signing of the declaration of independence.  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:27 am
here's one:

Honey, if the only substance on earth (edible, that is) which is not created through the death or destruction of another organism.

[and yes, that goes for vegetables and milk and whatnot too]  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces