Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Back to Guilds

Tags: Purple, Moonlight, Chat, Hangout, Moon 

Reply ~~*RPG Area!*~~~
Rebellion (alt V for Vendetta Universe- near future&action) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strength Through Unity...
  ...Unity Through Faith
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:08 am
After occupying the day doing his rounds, fixing the various computers - most within people's homes which often had slowed due to the survelliance bugs the police must have placed on them at some point or other. Others were business networks - often surprisingly simple problems.
he got back into his car for the last call of the day- this Ms Williams job.
He opened up the GPS - perfectly aware that the satelite-fed machine was tracing the movement of his car - and drove to her house. It was an apartment on a well kept street - he was genuinely impressed. He expected she had a decent wage.
he got out, slinging the small bag of tools over his shoulder. He hadn't needed them all day, and he doubted he'd need them now - but he always said: better safe then sorry.
he found the lower door open, so didn't need to be buzzed in. He ascended the stairs and checked the note in his hand for her apartment number. When he reached it he knocked a few times on the door.

"Ms Williams?" He called. "Computer-guy."  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:23 am
The Lewie's ears perked up at the noise at the door. Then he turned to Ruby and pawed at her. It took another moment until she actually heard her name called. "Coming," she said still feeling sleepy. The cat leaped from her alp as she got up to unlock and answer the door.

"You must be Mr. Walker," she said as Lewie purred. "You're not allergic to cats I hope."  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:28 am
Daara laughed and smiled.
"Oh please, just call me Daara. And no, not allergic at all." He looked down at the cat. "Pretty fella. So, um, what seems to be the problem, miss?"
He steped through when invited and looked about the place. Everything was so neat here it made him feel even scruffier than normal just standing there. But at least it was colourful - he liked that. he glanced down as the cat snaked inbetween his legs and then spotted the computer. It seemed a slightly old model, which wasin many ways comforting as he knew what to do with it, but bad because they were often like pensioners - prone to almost inexplicable bugs and ticks that could rarely be effectively ironed out. 'Character' is what he called it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:45 am
"His name is Lewie," Ruby replied as she closed the door. Her cheeks blushed mildly with embarrassment at the question about the computer. "I'm not really sure....I was working on it and then it froze," she replied. "I tried restarting it but it continues to occur. I just don't think computers like me honestly."

She paused at the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. "Thankfully I don't use it for work," she said before taking a sip. "Do you want a cup?"  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:49 am
"Do you have a lot of file on it? Often that's the first problem - or it's overheating." He sat down bythe computer and turned it on.
"Oh, thanks that'd be great. i kind of rushed straight out thsi morning: didn't get my morning coffee fix." he laughed.
Reluctant to immediately start poking around in her files, he opened up the genral info about the drives. Predictably, one was almost full.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:59 am
"Any computer problem that can occur will with me as by coworkers like to joke," Ruby called from the kitchen. "Do you take cream of sugar?"

Lewie peered around the desk and looked up at Daara as he worked. He then sat down elegantly curling his tail out in front and let it snake across the carpet.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:18 pm
"erm, just cream please." Daara said, hunting around to run a virus scan just to be sure.
"You'd be surprised how eaisly curable most stuff is", he said, leaning back a little as the antivirus scan started. He tok the oppertunity to cast an eye around her apartment again, absorbing the details.
"Where do you work, if you don't mind me asing? You live in a nice area. Only been down this way a couple of tims."  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:01 pm
Ruby brought in his cup of coffee and set in down on the coaster on the desk. She was slightly hesitate to say what her job was. It wasn't that it was really a big secret since people saw her in uniform often, but she was sure how well Daara liked.....

She glanced at him. "I work for the police," she finally replied pointing to the photo on the desk of her and her parents when she graduated from the academy. "Maybe you've seen me around. A lot of people don't recognize me when I'm out of uniform." She waiting a moment to see the reaction in his eyes. Would that make him nervous? she wondered.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:37 pm
"Yeah?" Daara said a littel neutrally, turning his attention bac to the computer screen briefly to try and hide any stray emotions that might've shown up in his face.
"I bet that's pretty exciting." He met her eyes again, having composed hismlef to a cheery polite interest.
"I dunno if I have seen you around much, If I'm honest. I tend to stay up late, sleep in late, if you know what i mean." he laughed  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:04 pm
Ruby got what seemed like nervousness in Daara's eyes but he had turned them away too quickly to tell for sure or not.....which also could have been a sign of uneasiness. Or maybe she was looking to much into this being an officer.

"It has its moments," she replied with a small yawn. "I understand late nights, but I know not of this 'sleeping in late' that you speak up." She smiled then. It was meant to be a joke, but there was truth behind it-rarely did she ever have a chance to sleep-in.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:04 am
Daara laughed.
"Well, I can't say it's the healthiest lifestyle choice to lie in a lot. Though surely you must get a weekend or two?"
The antivirus scan stopped and he looked it over. Things seemed to be more or less fine, but for tracking cookies. The real tracking problem would be deep inside the computer and not shown off, but that was a government problem.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:47 am
Ruby shrugged, "Occassionly, but then I end up visiting the folks or they visit me. I've become adjusted well enough."

She finished her cup and smirked. "But thank god for coffee," she said as her attention turned to the computer. "How's it looking?"  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:00 am
Daara laughed and then tapped on the computer screen.
"Well the good news is that it looks pretty easy to fix. I've had a check 'round and it doesn't seem like you've got any viruses on it - and the computer's not showing any signs of that. I figure it keeps on cutting out on your because it's overloaded. If you see here..."
He re-opened the information about the various harddrives.
"you've got a hec of a lot fo memory being used up on your C: drive, but hardly any on your D: - this is probably what's the problem. It can't work as fast when it has to process all this info, you see?"
He lenat back a little and looekd at her.
"Really easy to fix. We can drag and drop some of your files over into D: to even it up a little - your big stuff like pictures, videos, maybe some software etc and it'll work just the same, while freeing up your computer's memory. Evcen better, we could get you an external harddrive or a USB stick or two and transfer the files you don't use that are clogging up space so they're off your computer completely. I don't want to snoop around your files and disturb your privacy, obviously, so if you prefer I can show you how to do this and leave you to it. How does that sound?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:09 am
"I really am an idiot," Ruby joked and laughed at how simple a solution it was. She appreicated that he had given her the option to stay and not snoop. "Show away," she replied.

Lewie apparently had grown bored and wondered off to nap on the couch.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:19 am
"Nah, it's easily done." Daara isisted.
"Basically you just need to open up your D-drive like this..." He opened it, showing the few files and software elements that were in there. "And open up your c-drive the same. You click and drag your files across, then once that's done you delete them off your c-drive by right cliking and going down to delete. Now if you hold down control-" he pointed to it, "you can select multiple files - make it all a bit faster."
He tapped on the screen again, at how the files in teh d-drive had information on them listed.
"Now checkie here, you see you've got 'date' 'title' etc right? look here for 'file size' and click like this and it'll group it by what your largest file is. you want to be moving the larger files form your C into your d. really as simple as that. Same concept applies to memory sticks, but when you plug them in, they'll just have a name like g-drive or removable-disk, ok?"
He had a feeling that she might have some trouble, but was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.
"You can always feel free to call me - at any time. I can walk you through it if you need me to - no charge for that, don't worry." he smiled. "I do reccomend you pick up a memory stick or external jard drive though, for the future. Probably good for if you use it for work, too."  
~~*RPG Area!*~~~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff