Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:29 pm
war_junky 91
Fresnel
war_junky 91
Fresnel
war_junky 91

I don't see how that would affect it really. Basically everything would work the same except different firing pin type.
It would feed poorly in an autofeeder. The rims line up and the feeding line jams. Though because it's a non-spitzer, you might use a tube-type feed... somehow.

Got it. Drum mags. Shouldn't be too hard to make one that would hold a couple hundred .22s, heck give me the tech to design it and i would make it dual feeding so you could swap out drums without stopping (assuming a two man crew).

Oh and i'm gonna be an Engineer btw. ^_^ lol
In retrospect, the technology already exists.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Size is of little importance on a minigun. Either hook up a few dozen, or make a single huge one that hangs on it like the one in TF2.

Wait a tick... wouldn't a .22 minigun be man-portable? The 5.56 one almost was.

Heck i bet it could be. We finally solved the dilema of the predator movie! He was firing .22s! lmao
Actually, that was the 'six pack' 5.56 microgun. A man with the physique of Jesse Ventura could have handled that gun, even on full speed. Especially since he had the thing hooked up to de choppah, and not a pair of car batteries like it was supposed to be. The black guy who DID shoot it? Ehhh... probably adrenaline.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:40 pm
Fresnel
war_junky 91
Fresnel
war_junky 91
Fresnel
war_junky 91

I don't see how that would affect it really. Basically everything would work the same except different firing pin type.
It would feed poorly in an autofeeder. The rims line up and the feeding line jams. Though because it's a non-spitzer, you might use a tube-type feed... somehow.

Got it. Drum mags. Shouldn't be too hard to make one that would hold a couple hundred .22s, heck give me the tech to design it and i would make it dual feeding so you could swap out drums without stopping (assuming a two man crew).

Oh and i'm gonna be an Engineer btw. ^_^ lol
In retrospect, the technology already exists.

Size is of little importance on a minigun. Either hook up a few dozen, or make a single huge one that hangs on it like the one in TF2.

Wait a tick... wouldn't a .22 minigun be man-portable? The 5.56 one almost was.

Heck i bet it could be. We finally solved the dilema of the predator movie! He was firing .22s! lmao
Actually, that was the 'six pack' 5.56 microgun. A man with the physique of Jesse Ventura could have handled that gun, even on full speed. Especially since he had the thing hooked up to de choppah, and not a pair of car batteries like it was supposed to be. The black guy who DID shoot it? Ehhh... probably adrenaline.

OberFeldwebel

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:54 pm
OberFeldwebel
war_junky 91
After thinking about it for a while i say the snail drum design would be the easiest to make. Really it wouldn't take too much effort to make either.

Could make it that simple.
But me, I want it to be easy for the user.
I want to be able to pull the spring all the way back and lock it with the spindle or whatever then open the back so all you have to do is drop the bullets in, you know, instead of manually feeding them in one at a time and beating the s**t out of your thumb.

Also:

AHHH!!! Thread hijackers! Where's the Jack Bauer of forum moderators when you need one?

Heck with the snail drum design you could incorperate that. The design i had planned in my head had a flat spring sandwhiched inbetween two metal sheets making up one side all together. I could just extened the bar that is attached to the end of the spring all the way through to the other side and have an external hook or latch. Wouldn't be that much more difficult.

EDIT: After thinking about it making an opening on the outside of the case would make it easier to get dirtier. I could make it so there is a flip out handle on the inside and a latch attatched to that.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:21 pm
war_junky 91
OberFeldwebel
war_junky 91
After thinking about it for a while i say the snail drum design would be the easiest to make. Really it wouldn't take too much effort to make either.

I want to be able to pull the spring all the way back and lock it with the spindle or whatever then open the back so all you have to do is drop the bullets in, you know, instead of manually feeding them in one at a time and beating the s**t out of your thumb.

Also:

AHHH!!! Thread hijackers! Where's the Jack Bauer of forum moderators when you need one?

Heck with the snail drum design you could incorperate that. The design i had planned in my head had a flat spring sandwhiched inbetween two metal sheets making up one side all together. I could just extened the bar that is attached to the end of the spring all the way through to the other side and have an external hook or latch. Wouldn't be that much more difficult.

EDIT: After thinking about it making an opening on the outside of the case would make it easier to get dirtier. I could make it so there is a flip out handle on the inside and a latch attatched to that.

When snapped shut it wouldn't have more exposure to dirt than any regular magazine.

It'd essentially be that.

However to make proning possible...
Well, I'm not trying to get more than 20 rounds in a drum so it'd be fine, but if so I'd make one a bit like the AR 15 drum.
To the side rather than all below.  

OberFeldwebel

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:38 pm
OberFeldwebel
war_junky 91
OberFeldwebel
war_junky 91

Also:

When snapped shut it wouldn't have more exposure to dirt than any regular magazine.

Well, I'm not trying to get more than 20 rounds in a drum so it'd be fine, but if so I'd make one a bit like the AR 15 drum.

Lol, i'll have to scale down the designs i have in my head. I was thinking massive capacity. But yeah the snail drum design with that capacity shouldn't take anybody who generally know what they are doing more than a few hours to create.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:49 am
war_junky 91
OberFeldwebel
war_junky 91
OberFeldwebel
war_junky 91

Also:

Lol, i'll have to scale down the designs i have in my head. I was thinking massive capacity. But yeah the snail drum design with that capacity shouldn't take anybody who generally know what they are doing more than a few hours to create.

I was just looking for a larger mag, not trying to make my PSL into a 50-75 round sniper rifle.
Or a long big a** AK.
Althought it would be kinda cool to have an AK sized rifle that fired x54R.

Imagine THAT on full auto.
twisted

I'd imagine that you'd have to install a gas stock and HEAVILY port the barrel.  

OberFeldwebel

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:18 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4i9_kkg30o It's hand cranked, but hooking the crank up to an electric motor would be simple enough. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:04 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4i9_kkg30o It's hand cranked, but hooking the crank up to an electric motor would be simple enough. biggrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY8yU-fdiJ0  

OberFeldwebel

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas