Submit

How may years have you been on Gaia?
  0 - 1
  2 - 3
  4 - 5
View Results

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:38 am
And now I am off for the next 12 hours. Yay work!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:40 am
Selene Aries
Isaol-the-wolf
Selene Aries
Is that better guys?

Sorry about that, my screen is 1680 by 1050.

eek What kind of computer do you have?

A home build, with a 22" LCD monitor.

My HP laptop is 16 inch, I thought that was big. I could imagine a 22" laptop XD

What do you mean by home build?  

Isaol-the-wolf

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:58 am
Isaol-the-wolf

I assume she means it's a Franken-computer she pieced together herself. 3nodding

I have a 15" PowerBook G4 laptop; it still runs really well, considering it's frickin' old as far as computers go. X3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:37 pm
that is a huge screen. my brother built his own computer too...I can't even remember how many fans he put into it >.<  

Rainey_angel81

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:15 pm
Rainey_angel81
that is a huge screen. my brother built his own computer too...I can't even remember how many fans he put into it >.<
I saw in this computer magazine they have this oil cooled computer.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:13 pm
While I didn't build my PC from scratch, I installed most of the components myself. Speaking of which, I need to upgrade my video card.  

Selene Aries

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:34 am
Sunegami
Isaol-the-wolf

I assume she means it's a Franken-computer she pieced together herself. 3nodding

I have a 15" PowerBook G4 laptop; it still runs really well, considering it's frickin' old as far as computers go. X3
That's what I have, and I do love it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:50 am
Sunegami
Isaol-the-wolf

Oh...It's Apple laptop. I decided I didn't like those when I was trying to play an online game when i was 14 and the computer at the school was a apple and had that stupid one click mouse thing. I also stopped liking them when they made those obnoxious commercials. The first couple were a little funny. Makes it seem like Apple was just waiting for Windows to make a mistake, before vista, Apple didn't have much to make commercials out of. Just don't act the way the company does. Alot of people are like that at starbucks. The first day I got my laptop, I booted it up in starbucks and some lady came up and said, "What operating system does that have?"
"Uh...Vista"
"Heh, vista, well good luck with that." Then walked to the next table and took out her Apple laptop.

Only thing I like about Apple is the look.
My friend has a Acer Aspire, I could have bought two for the price of the laptop I got, The Acer one isnt crap it's just small. Like a 8" screen XD  

Isaol-the-wolf

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:28 am
@Manda: I got it in 2005, IIRC; it was required for all illustration members at PCAD. It's a great little bugger. Drawbacks are that the fan tends to sound like an R/C car now (not sure what that's about), and since the body's all aluminum, it gets quite hot if I'm running anything processor-intensive. . . but I love it all the same. Now I just need a web cam. . . X3

@Isaol: Yea, if you're into PC games, Windows seems to be better. I'm an illustrator, web designer, and part-time graphic designer, though, so Mac is the way to go for me. 3nodding

I agree that the "Mac vs. PC culture" has gotten quite nasty-- on both sides, I might add. It's really stupid. So you prefer Windows over Mac, and vice versa for me. Good for us. Doesn't bother me either way, because it doesn't affect me-- and it shouldn't bother anyone, for just that reason.

X3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:50 am
I've gamed on Macs before. I just find the PC has more games/software available. But to each their own.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:07 am
KillerLee
I've gamed on Macs before. I just find the PC has more games/software available. But to each their own.

Yea, that's mainly what I meant, that there's more available for Windows than Mac as far as gaming. X3 I have to admit it bugs me sometimes; there are some games I'm interested in, but the developers have made them for Windows only. So I usually stick to games with completely-online game-play. Like zOMG! X3  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:41 pm
Sunegami
@Manda: I got it in 2005, IIRC; it was required for all illustration members at PCAD. It's a great little bugger. Drawbacks are that the fan tends to sound like an R/C car now (not sure what that's about), and since the body's all aluminum, it gets quite hot if I'm running anything processor-intensive. . . but I love it all the same. Now I just need a web cam. . . X3

@Isaol: Yea, if you're into PC games, Windows seems to be better. I'm an illustrator, web designer, and part-time graphic designer, though, so Mac is the way to go for me. 3nodding

I agree that the "Mac vs. PC culture" has gotten quite nasty-- on both sides, I might add. It's really stupid. So you prefer Windows over Mac, and vice versa for me. Good for us. Doesn't bother me either way, because it doesn't affect me-- and it shouldn't bother anyone, for just that reason.

X3

True, but still I wouldn't kill anyone over it.

Just maim them immobile >:0 lol jk

Like KillerLee said, PC has more games available for it, since the majority of the gaming company's customers are PC users.  

Isaol-the-wolf

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:55 pm
Only thing that keeps me away from Apple computers is the price. They are some damn decent hardware and can run Windows. However, for the same cost I can actually buy, or build, a more powerful PC then they offer stock.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:00 am
Selene Aries
Only thing that keeps me away from Apple computers is the price. They are some damn decent hardware and can run Windows. However, for the same cost I can actually buy, or build, a more powerful PC then they offer stock.
Who even sells Apple laptops? I saw none at Office Depot, Office Max, Wal-Mart, Target, even Best Buy.  

Isaol-the-wolf

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:05 am
Isaol-the-wolf
Who even sells Apple laptops? I saw none at Office Depot, Office Max, Wal-Mart, Target, even Best Buy.

I've seen them at Best Buy, but there is always the Apple Store.

I just get annoyed at this whole concept that it is Mac vs PCs. Apple's computers are still PCs and the hardware in them and every other PC is near identical. Now, Windows versus OS-X is a whole other matter entirely.

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 94 95 96 97 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff