Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Gay marriage and slavery, think about it. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gay marriage; will it be viewed this way some day, you think?
  Probably
  Not likely
  Neutral
View Results

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:27 am
Fresnel
Silver Screen
Anyway, I actually think it's insulting to use the term "slavery" to describe the current status of homosexuals. Slaves are property of another, completely submissive and at the mercy of those that control their every aspect of life. Gays aren't being forced to work with no pay or forced to forgo meals or sleep at the discretion of the people that "own" them. They get to eat what they want, go to school where they want, work when and where they want, and love who they want. They simply aren't allowed to be wed in many states. While I think that is wrong, I do not think it is anywhere close to being slavery.
That wasn't quite the point. The question was, are children going to look back in 50 years and see the oppression of the gays and think "That's ******** retarded, why did anyone think that was right?" the way we look back and say the same thing about slavery now?

Oh. Well duh.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:32 am
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
IT'S OKAYYYY TO BE GAYYYY. biggrin

Yeah, and after gay marriage gets legalized, in 40 years bestiality will be legal. I'm totally for gay marriage though.
You people say that like it's not already legal. The only restriction is a weight limit.
Whoa, whaaaa?
I thought it was illegal. :
In some states. I think it's about 25 states on either side. I think in my state it has to be under 50 pounds, but I could be wrong on the exact weight.

ETA: ED saiz:
Quote:
In the United Kingdom, any animal that has died is classed as a foodstuff, regardless of what type of animal it is. It's not illegal to ******** food. If your pet dog was to have a fatal "accident" and you were to "accidentally" place your p***s into its dead a**s, that would be no more illegal than smearing jam on your c**k.

zoonecrophilia!

Because ******** a LIVE dog, just isn't creepy enough!  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Misses Brinks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:20 pm
That's how I see it, too :0
In fact, I wonder how some of the anti-gay marriage activists will be portrayed in the history books.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:40 pm
Misses Brinks
In fact, I wonder how some of the anti-gay marriage activists will be portrayed in the history books.
They won't be. Passing mention at most. Remember, in history, there is no opinionated opposition, only the status quo.  

Fresnel

Citizen

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:17 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
IT'S OKAYYYY TO BE GAYYYY. biggrin

Yeah, and after gay marriage gets legalized, in 40 years bestiality will be legal. I'm totally for gay marriage though.
You people say that like it's not already legal. The only restriction is a weight limit.
Whoa, whaaaa?
I thought it was illegal. :
In some states. I think it's about 25 states on either side. I think in my state it has to be under 50 pounds, but I could be wrong on the exact weight.

ETA: ED saiz:
Quote:
In the United Kingdom, any animal that has died is classed as a foodstuff, regardless of what type of animal it is. It's not illegal to ******** food. If your pet dog was to have a fatal "accident" and you were to "accidentally" place your p***s into its dead a**s, that would be no more illegal than smearing jam on your c**k.

zoonecrophilia!

Because ******** a LIVE dog, just isn't creepy enough!
crying Poor doggy.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:21 pm
Fresnel
Misses Brinks
They won't be. Passing mention at most. Remember, in history, there is no opinionated opposition, only the status quo.

Unless they did something major like bomb a gay parade or something. And of course gays will be much more accepted in 50 years. Look at the progress we have made in these 10 years. It took MUCH longer for blacks to be accepted and even that is still being worked out. Although, I do think some people are only choosing to accept it just to save time and money, not because they truly support it. Besides, the world is overpopulated anyway. We can probably do without a baby being born every 20 seconds.  

Elweezy

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:23 pm
Elweezy
Fresnel
Misses Brinks

Unless they did something major like bomb a gay parade or something. And of course gays will be much more accepted in 50 years. Look at the progress we have made in these 10 years. It took MUCH longer for blacks to be accepted and even that is still being worked out. Although, I do think some people are only choosing to accept it just to save time and money, not because they truly support it. Besides, the world is overpopulated anyway. We can probably do without a baby being born every 201 second.
Fix'd.  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces