Welcome to Gaia! ::

Furry Fandom Fantasy Discussion and RP Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's friendliest furry guild. We even have ID cards. 

Tags: furry, anthro, furrie, fandom, roleplay 

Reply Art/Writing Threads
designing a furry web comic! survey one up!! :3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you help?
  yes :3
  no XP
View Results

PotisTheron

Welcoming Receiver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:30 pm
1. How old are you?
I'm 16.

2. Do you read web comics? If you could please link me to the sites. (if yes continue, if no skip to number 5)
I used to read BobandGeorge.com but it kind of ended. >_> Great story, though. There's also El Goonish Shive at http://www.egscomics.com/ . And and and 2kinds at http://2kinds.com/ . I do read manga online with mangafox.com and onemanga.com but I doubt those count.....

3. If yes which ones do you read?
Anything that I get introduced to I'll give it a shot. Has to have an awersome and/or unique story to keep me interested.

4. Why do you continue to read these comics?
Because the story is awesome.

5. If no why don’t you like to read them? Would there be something you’re more interested in reading?
N/A

6. If so what would it be?
N/A

7. If you had to choose one which would you choose, good story with ok art? Or great art with an ok story?
It's all about the story. You could have stick figures for art as long as the story is captivating.

8. What kind of stories more interest you? IE fantasy stories with magic using furries, real life situations with furries, exaggerated life situations with furries, love and relationship stories with furries? ((if none of these sort of things interest you just list what you like)
Once again, anything with a great story. lol Angst, romance, fantasy, scifi, humour... doesn't really matter. Just make it a good read.

9. What are you biggest turn offs from reading a certain comic?
Story gets predictable or goes so far left field I wonder if the author had a stroke.

10. What sort of comic style is better? Ones where each page is its own stand alone joke?((IE Vgcats.com, The Book of Biff)) Or one with a funny storyline?(( IE Concession))
Going to have to say storyline. The kind of thing where if you come in at year 4 it makes you go back to year 1 to figure out what's going on and how the story got to pont that it's at. Such was the case with Bob&George for me. Plus, I'm a Megaman fan.... that may have somehting to do with it.

Good luck. I don't know if my answers will help you any. Since I'm all about a good story. lol And, I don't know if we were only supposd to mention only furr comics. >_<  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:11 pm
1. How old are you?
16 nearly 17

2. Do you read web comics? If you could please link me to the sites. (if yes continue, if no skip to number 5)
Yes, I read them often as I can.

Order of the stick-[x]
VG Cats-[x]
Legend of Zelda: Waste of Time-[x]

Because they're hilarious, follow the storyline and don't veer off from it to much. The occasional distraction can add character to a story, but you can't lose sight of the main objective. For VG Cats, it's a whole 'nother story. VG cats is so funny, and each comic strip has a different flare. It's like the Azumanga Daiho manga.

5. If no why don’t you like to read them? Would there be something you’re more interested in reading?
N/A

N/A

7. If you had to choose one which would you choose, good story with ok art? Or great art with an ok story?
Okay art and a great story, but good art has it's reasons.

8. What kind of stories more interest you? IE fantasy stories with magic using furries, real life situations with furries, exaggerated life situations with furries, love and relationship stories with furries? ((if none of these sort of things interest you just list what you like)
I like adventure stories with a little romantic twist. It helps to add a little real life emotion to fantasy settings. Magic is fun, but you have to watch how far you go with it.

9. What are you biggest turn offs from reading a certain comic? Overly sexual clips and snippets and long boring parts that drag on forever and beyond.

10. What sort of comic style is better? Ones where each page is its own stand alone joke?((IE Vgcats.com, The Book of Biff)) Or one with a funny storyline?(( IE Concession)) I prefer the ones with a continual storyline, but you'll probably find that it's easier to write ones like VG Cats, where each page is it's own joke.  

Kitsune no Gatsu Mei
Crew

RavendorFoxx
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:17 pm
1. How old are you?

Not webcomics, but I read some comics...

I read hard copy comics because they're more... portable...
Other than that, I don't usually have a lot of time, and I don't know what to look for. Comics tend to be very RANDOM and psychotic... and difficult to read sometimes.

A graphic novel with a simple easy to follow strip... I like an action story line with GOOD humor, unlike most comics with friggin slapstick humor and really bad puns... If you know what I mean.

Great story with ok art. I like to use my imagination anyways.

Fantasy. (You know me. xD)

9. What are you biggest turn offs from reading a certain comic?

(See above) Difficult to follow the story because the strips are so randomly put. Really bad humor. Varying detail quality both in the art and/or story.

10. What sort of comic style is better? Ones where each page is its own stand alone joke?((IE Vgcats.com, The Book of Biff)) Or one with a funny storyline?(( IE Concession))

I like both. I like a longer storyline, but I like to read the single page jokes like VGcats.  
Art/Writing Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff