Hell yes!
  No, that's stupid.
  You should, but you know you won't.
View Results

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:58 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Well, if you're in an area with a lot of lakes or streams, get some sort of water purifier.
That'll probably work.

I suppose bring anything you'd take camping or on a hike, except add some type of water purification.
confused
More likely for a hike. Taking all the stuff for camping will weigh too much.

You'd definitely get in shape.
Fast.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:06 pm
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Well, if you're in an area with a lot of lakes or streams, get some sort of water purifier.
That'll probably work.

I suppose bring anything you'd take camping or on a hike, except add some type of water purification.
confused

Fast.
That you would.

Actually now I kind of want to see if I can walk to Walmart in the next town over. It's probably a bad idea since I'm so out of shape that walking a mile will wear me out and it's at least 10 to Walmart. It would be pretty funny though calling my family for a ride back. xd That would help get me in shape.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:24 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
That'll probably work.

confused

Fast.
That you would.

Actually now I kind of want to see if I can walk to Walmart in the next town over. It's probably a bad idea since I'm so out of shape that walking a mile will wear me out and it's at least 10 to Walmart. It would be pretty funny though calling my family for a ride back. xd That would help get me in shape.

It'd probably kill me.
The Sun and I do not mix.
It's like water and oil but with a bad sun burn.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:12 pm
Hold on, so you can put bacteria-infested river/stream/ditch water in a jug, put it in the sun, and in a few hours it's okay to drink...?

I don't know if I buy that.  

ArmasTermin

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:19 pm
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
That'll probably work.

confused

Fast.
That you would.

It'd probably kill me.
I should try it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:25 pm
AR-7 or other compact firearm so you can get meat occasionally by hunting.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:30 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
That'll probably work.

confused

Fast.
That you would.

It'd probably kill me.
I should try it.

If I went I'd have to pack jars of SPF 90 and a ******** of water.
... I wore SPF 60 today and I got red on my arms and face.
Red went away but the last time I wore 90 it didn't do that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:46 pm
Damn! That reminds me I haven't seen my canteen since freshmen year. It came with a pouch that I could hook on my belt loops. gonk

Fortunately though the temperature is currently topping at 90 at mid day I think. I don't know what the humidity is though.

Actually just going for a swim would be good. The only worth while swimming hole I know of is a mile walk each way then of course the exercise of swimming itself.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:14 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Damn! That reminds me I haven't seen my canteen since freshmen year. It came with a pouch that I could hook on my belt loops. gonk

Fortunately though the temperature is currently topping at 90 at mid day I think. I don't know what the humidity is though.

Actually just going for a swim would be good. The only worth while swimming hole I know of is a mile walk each way then of course the exercise of swimming itself.

Yeah, swimming is the best exercise.
Easy on the joints, for the most part and the water just acts like a huge heat sink for your body.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:26 pm
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

Yeah, swimming is the best exercise.
Easy on the joints, for the most part and the water just acts like a huge heat sink for your body.
If I go down river far enough there is a good current to swim against if you are a strong swimmer. Where I like to go the river gets anywhere from 5 to 10 feet deep and the water is pleasantly warm on top while still comfortably cool after about 1 foot down. The water isn't the cleanest looking, but as long as you don't swallow it you will be fine. biggrin  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:50 pm
ArmasTermin
Hold on, so you can put bacteria-infested river/stream/ditch water in a jug, put it in the sun, and in a few hours it's okay to drink...?

If YOU lay in the sun naked for a few hours, you're not gonna be doing so hot yourself. It won't get rid of the grit and such, obviously, but it'll cook the bacteria to death pretty reliably.

@Rommel: I tried walking home from my girlfriend's house once, just to see if I could. Around mile five my kidney started saying "******** you" and I had to hobble the last couple miles home. Never again will I walk on railroad tracks. It's five times harder than walking on a solid surface.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:02 pm
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

If YOU lay in the sun naked for a few hours, you're not gonna be doing so hot yourself. It won't get rid of the grit and such, obviously, but it'll cook the bacteria to death pretty reliably.

@Rommel: I tried walking home from my girlfriend's house once, just to see if I could. Around mile five my kidney started saying "******** you" and I had to hobble the last couple miles home. Never again will I walk on railroad tracks. It's five times harder than walking on a solid surface.
Actually the walk to the swimming hole includes about 1/3 mile of railroad tracks. It's either that or 2 miles to go around. Still 1/3 mile is nothing compared to 5. eek  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:33 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Actually the walk to the swimming hole includes about 1/3 mile of railroad tracks. It's either that or 2 miles to go around. Still 1/3 mile is nothing compared to 5. eek
Is there an access road or dirt area next to the tracks you can walk on? Ours out here are crushed rock, and the ground nearby is overgrown and unreliable. The killer when walking on tracks is the wooden slats. They're at funny intervals, so you're always half-on or half-off them. The stride is unnatural.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:15 am
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Is there an access road or dirt area next to the tracks you can walk on? Ours out here are crushed rock, and the ground nearby is overgrown and unreliable. The killer when walking on tracks is the wooden slats. They're at funny intervals, so you're always half-on or half-off them. The stride is unnatural.
Actually the rocks that the tracks and ties are embedded in are really well packed so it almost feels like I'm walking on normal pavement.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:48 am
Dirt in the water:

That's why you filter it through your shirt.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff