Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
New legislation on Cigarettes aimed at teens - Obama Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:30 pm
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Fresnel
Obviously the only true way to stop teens from getting cigarettes is to make it illegal. Nobody breaks the law, y'know?

Seriously though, WTF. Cloves? s**t's disgusting. Who the hell would smoke CLOVE-FLAVORED cigarettes?
Dude ciggarettes with cloves instead of tobacco are the ******** s**t, I looooove them.
You people are ******** weird. I'm gonna go eat some vegemite.

There are less painful ways to kill yourself, you know.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:50 pm
Silver Screen
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Fresnel
Obviously the only true way to stop teens from getting cigarettes is to make it illegal. Nobody breaks the law, y'know?

Seriously though, WTF. Cloves? s**t's disgusting. Who the hell would smoke CLOVE-FLAVORED cigarettes?
Dude ciggarettes with cloves instead of tobacco are the ******** s**t, I looooove them.

Vegemite is an emo thing. It's less socially repugnant than cutting, and it hurts for longer.  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:10 am
Fresnel
Silver Screen
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Fresnel

Vegemite is an emo thing. It's less socially repugnant than cutting, and it hurts for longer.

Wait...it hurts?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:18 am
The secret source of Humor itself is not joy but sorrow.

Fresnel
Meet Your Mistress
The secret source of humor is not joy but sorrow;

Obama is not only reading my fellow writer Eduardo Galeano, he´s copying our ridiculous smoking-ban laws too.

Yes, I live in Uruguay, and it´s been two months since a law was created to make blues, lights, clovers and cigarette varieties other than standard, to disappear from the uruguayan market. And two years since we can´t smoke in any closed-up place, pubs and bars included.

As a response to this, cigarette brands just created another brand for their "light", "menthol" and "clover" cigarettes, keeping their old packages´ design and colour. So, smokers still are free to choose. And no light labels. All very legal, clover, light, and whatever its inside the box. All of them standards.

I´m a Marketing Analyst, so I know we are always ahead of the (idiotic) law, so if your favourite brand does the same they did here, you won´t lose your lights or clovers.

there is no humor in Heaven. Mark Twain
So what you're saying is that the law will have an effect for a month or so while they rev up production and draw out a new brand, and then we'll be right back where we were before?

Exactly.

They will do the same in the US.

There is no humor in heaven. Mark Twain

Donna Cecilia

Romantic Genius

16,050 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:31 am
Meet Your Mistress

Fresnel
Meet Your Mistress

Obama is not only reading my fellow writer Eduardo Galeano, he´s copying our ridiculous smoking-ban laws too.

Yes, I live in Uruguay, and it´s been two months since a law was created to make blues, lights, clovers and cigarette varieties other than standard, to disappear from the uruguayan market. And two years since we can´t smoke in any closed-up place, pubs and bars included.

As a response to this, cigarette brands just created another brand for their "light", "menthol" and "clover" cigarettes, keeping their old packages´ design and colour. So, smokers still are free to choose. And no light labels. All very legal, clover, light, and whatever its inside the box. All of them standards.

I´m a Marketing Analyst, so I know we are always ahead of the (idiotic) law, so if your favourite brand does the same they did here, you won´t lose your lights or clovers.

So what you're saying is that the law will have an effect for a month or so while they rev up production and draw out a new brand, and then we'll be right back where we were before?

Exactly.

Wait, if they up the production prices will go down hopefully! ZOMG YES!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:56 am

GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Meet Your Mistress

Fresnel
Meet Your Mistress

Exactly.

Absolutely. The new brands are also cheaper, so you pay less for the same cigarettes.

Donna Cecilia

Romantic Genius

16,050 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:07 am
Meet Your Mistress

GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Meet Your Mistress

Fresnel
Meet Your Mistress

Exactly.

Absolutely. The new brands are also cheaper, so you pay less for the same cigarettes.

I don't have to worry much about "high prices" when I choose to smoke, because I smoke cigars. Albeit, I smoke very rarely.

Hell, I only had to pay $5 for a cigar that was made in 1876!

You have no idea what kind of a ******** it is, to sit there, smoking something you know is older than your oldest living relative, and a few of your NON living relatives!

The whole time, I was like:

*puff*

There weren't any cars...

*puff*

No toilets...

*puff*

No electricity, to speak of...

*puff*

My great grandparents hadn't even been born yet...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:42 pm
Meet Your Mistress

GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Meet Your Mistress

Fresnel
Meet Your Mistress

Exactly.

<3333333333  

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:45 pm
black_wing_angel
Meet Your Mistress

GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Meet Your Mistress

Fresnel
Meet Your Mistress

Exactly.

I don't have to worry much about "high prices" when I choose to smoke, because I smoke cigars. Albeit, I smoke very rarely.

You have no idea what kind of a ******** it is, to sit there, smoking something you know is older than your oldest living relative, and a few of your NON living relatives!

*puff*

*puff*

No toilets...

*puff*

*puff*

Holy ********, that's intense. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:38 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
Silver Screen
Fresnel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Fresnel

Wait...it hurts?

Every fiber of your being will hurt.  

Kuchen Fairy

Donna Cecilia

Romantic Genius

16,050 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:15 pm

GREEEEEEEEEEEN
black_wing_angel
Meet Your Mistress

GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Meet Your Mistress

Exactly.

*puff*

*puff*

No toilets...

*puff*

*puff*

Yes, the fungi that formed inside it from 1876 must take you to a GREAT trip.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:26 pm
Meet Your Mistress

GREEEEEEEEEEEN
black_wing_angel
Meet Your Mistress

GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Meet Your Mistress

Exactly.

*puff*

*puff*

No toilets...

*puff*

*puff*

Pff, I wouldn't even care. He's not dead yet.  

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:31 am
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Meet Your Mistress

GREEEEEEEEEEEN
black_wing_angel
Meet Your Mistress

*puff*

*puff*

No toilets...

*puff*

*puff*

Nope, still alive and well!

And I've never heard of fungi growing in cigars.

If properly stored, cigars can keep for centuries!

In fact, the place I got it at, is an OOOOOOOOLD cigar shop, that originally opened in the 1800s, and then closed down, became something else, and the guy who just bought the place, worked to restore it to it's original glory, even finding cigars just like the one I bought, that were still in perfect condition! THEY EVEN HAD CUBANS FROM BEFORE THE EMBARGO!

Alas, those did not last long...and they sold for $20 EACH!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:31 am
black_wing_angel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Meet Your Mistress

GREEEEEEEEEEEN
black_wing_angel
Meet Your Mistress

*puff*

*puff*

No toilets...

*puff*

*puff*

In fact, the place I got it at, is an OOOOOOOOLD cigar shop, that originally opened in the 1800s, and then closed down, became something else, and the guy who just bought the place, worked to restore it to it's original glory, even finding cigars just like the one I bought, that were still in perfect condition! THEY EVEN HAD CUBANS FROM BEFORE THE EMBARGO!

I will never understand the hoopla about Cuban cigars.  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:53 pm
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Meet Your Mistress

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

I will never understand the hoopla about Cuban cigars.

They're just supposedly the best in the world. Apparently, if Cubans can do one thing right, it's roll a 'gar.

Although I can't tell any difference between cheap truck stop cigars, and the expensive ones.

Although at that same shop, a buddy of mine bought a cigar that had been soaked in wine. I'm sure there'd be a noticeable difference there, but with unflavoreds, I can't tell. That 1876 thing tasted just like a black and mild, to me.  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff